Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 02-29-2024, 06:52 PM   #1
CheckMark

New Handicappers Report

Since I am still off for "Reading Week" from college, I decided to pursue creating a new handicapping product that I am in the works of creating. I will post my sample later on here.

I gave the product the name "Con Reports" and it covers very important information that a handicapper may want to know on a certain racetrack.

This product would be available each race day, and even though the pages of the file are long, it still packs a punch for how much information is included in it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is what I have included in the "report"
First Time Starter Report- Covers only the horses with FTS at today's track. Lists Jockey, Trainer and Sire's stats on how they do with FTS.

Pace Report- This is the new little handicapping project that I have included in the package. Projecting Early Speed and Closing Ability Horses.

Sire Report/Ratings- A to F letter grades on multiple categories a Sire is facing today with his offspring. Graded on Surface, Distance, Gender, Age, Class and Stamina.

Track Bias Reports- Covering the past 4 days of racing with noting any biases. Also goes into detail about the past 12 months at that track.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I created one for Gulfstream today, and this took around 5-6 hours to do since I am typing all of this out by hand, and also making all the calculations and finding the data by hand too. It was a long process, but I'm happy it turned out how I wanted it to!

NOTE: I am NOT selling this as a product right now. It is still in the works just FYI. I just created one today just to show you how it may look when I eventually launch it.

Any comments are appreciated. Please give any feedback you have.

Thank you all! I hope this can help you one day (when I eventually launch this) in your handicapping endevors!

Here is the file:
Gulfstream Park Con Reports 2-29-24.pdf

Last edited by CheckMark; 02-29-2024 at 06:54 PM.
CheckMark is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2024, 07:33 PM   #2
sharkey11

looks great check best of luck on the report
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2024, 07:08 AM   #3
jim michalak

Conley: looks really good. A suggestion. Sort the pace readings from best to worst in both the early and late categories. Thanks for the free look. I especially liked the pace and bias reports. Good luck!
jim michalak is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2024, 01:06 PM   #4
wiretowire68

Nice job, not overdone. I do a very simple calculation that is very good at simple prediction of horses improving or declining in today's start via recent form cycle or looking at the last form cycle in terms of how a horse progresses in terms of +- negative lengths and his speed figures, it looks at it two ways, top 3 of positive number or the highest number are the horses that show a possibility that they will improve or it is time to show a good run, it helps show that either the horse can hit the board or at least be part of the exotic within reason. The next one is too look at the negative or the least amount and can be interpreted as horses that who are in good form and the need the least amount of improvement, my statistics show the favorites as per usual who does not need to show as much or he is vulnerable and that the true favorites are those underneath who can sneak away as a 4-1 or 5-1... it takes positioning and positional movement, does not matter if a horse was 4 or 12, if his lengths moved between calls or declined..
wiretowire68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2024, 02:46 PM   #5
Saratoga

"Con" Report.....

You couldn't do better than that

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (16.4 KB, 20 views)
Saratoga is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2024, 05:08 PM   #6
Nitro

You’ve obviously put a lot of thought, time and effort into your report.
For those who handicap the races I’m sure it will only add positive information to their playing endeavors.
BTW its nice to see a young guy like yourself taking such a thorough interest in this game!
Best of luck with it.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2024, 06:09 PM   #7
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey11 View Post
looks great check best of luck on the report
Thanks Sharkey! Much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim michalak View Post
Conley: looks really good. A suggestion. Sort the pace readings from best to worst in the early and late categories. Thanks for the free look. I especially liked the pace and bias reports. Good luck!
Thanks, Jim! I will for sure take that into account when I officially launch the product to do just that. Thanks for the feedback on the pace and bias reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretowire68 View Post
Nice job, not overdone. I do a very simple calculation that is very good at simple prediction of horses improving or declining in today's start via recent form cycle or looking at the last form cycle in terms of how a horse progresses in terms of +- negative lengths and his speed figures, it looks at it two ways, top 3 of positive number or the highest number are the horses that show a possibility that they will improve or it is time to show a good run, it helps show that either the horse can hit the board or at least be part of the exotic within reason. The next one is too look at the negative or the least amount and can be interpreted as horses that who are in good form and the need the least amount of improvement, my statistics show the favorites as per usual who does not need to show as much or he is vulnerable and that the true favorites are those underneath who can sneak away as a 4-1 or 5-1... it takes positioning and positional movement, does not matter if a horse was 4 or 12, if his lengths moved between calls or declined..
Thanks W2W! That's an interesting thing about form cycles. I may add one more section to my reports before I release it. Maybe this could be one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga View Post
"Con" Report.....

You couldn't do better than that
I know lol.
I will come up with a better name when I release it for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
You’ve obviously put a lot of thought, time and effort into your report.
For those who handicap the races I’m sure it will only add positive information to their playing endeavors.
BTW its nice to see a young guy like yourself taking such a thorough interest in this game!
Best of luck with it.
Thanks Nitro! Much appreciated for the feedback and comments! I hope that one day this product/report could help others out with their own handicapping! My goal is with myself trying to get more young folks into the horse racing world especially on the handicapping side. Might have convinced my entire Radio program to go on Opening Day at Woodbine this year
Old 03-02-2024, 05:57 PM   #8
GH1956

Thumbs up

Looks good, I look forward to the Woodbine report in the spring!
GH1956 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2024, 06:52 PM   #9
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH1956 View Post
Looks good, I look forward to the Woodbine report in the spring!
Thank you sir.

The tracks I want to try and cover coming up would be:

Oaklawn (but only 1 month left so not really worth trying, but maybe on Arkansas Derby Day!)

Saratoga

Woodbine

Triple Crown Days

Still working out everything. And still have about 2-3 months left of college left of 1st year out of 2 for my program, which doesn't help me sort things out effectively. Hoping always for the best! Stay tuned

Last edited by CheckMark; 03-02-2024 at 06:53 PM.
CheckMark is online now   Reply With Quote Reply