Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: Who retires first?
Maximum Security 60 43.80%
Country House 47 34.31%
War of Will 27 19.71%
Sir Winston 3 2.19%
Voters: 137. This poll is closed

Old 07-02-2019, 09:57 PM   #46
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Why not just go back posting under your WinterTriangle account?
Hi Mike, I think there was about a 10 year break there, not same email, didn't remember password and actually didn *remember* what username I had here (I've had several different usernames over the last 19 years on different forums......and on the day I felt like posting something last year, I just started a new account.

If you want to meld them for me, by all means, please do.

(I am somewhat *intrigued* by why you didn't PM that question to me though. )

There's a shade of accusatory undertone there......though I do not know why? Make no mistake. I am not at all ashamed or embarassed about ANY opinion I post here, or have ever posted here.... whether or not 1 person, 10 people, or the majority of people disagree with it.

If it's because I didn't agree w/one of your inner circle about owners retiring horses early to the breeding shed, or about trainers not knowing how to run the paycheck portion of their million dollar business......fine.

So------meanwhile my question about race horse retirement, where I suggested that *the horses themselves* have a right to *take something off the table* just like their owners do, seems to have gone unanswered.

You probably would not be suprised if I told you just how many people have walked away from horse racing in the last 10 years. People who were quite passionate about it. I noticed when I came back there were fewer *voices* that I was familiar with from back in the old days. As a matter of fact several forums I've been on in the past I've noticed just ....... dwindling down to low numbers.

I will continue to give my opinion on how it's all coming down around our ears, and how the status quo opinion isn't fixing it, and how the perception of horses being like poker chips that owners push around the table and then "cash in" doesn't sit too well with a whole lotta people anymore, and all the other things that are going to be recitfied (or racing WILL die) in the near future. Every decade brings a new consciousness with it, and a new generation. What was okay 70 years ago isn't okay today.

Am I sarcastic about it all sometimes? yeah, I am. Watching bettors getting ripped off, or watching horses suffer and/or die (among many other wrongs) doesn't require me to wear kid gloves. Political correctness has no place in many of these instances.

Last edited by clicknow; 07-02-2019 at 10:04 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2019, 10:28 PM   #47
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Why not just go back posting under your WinterTriangle account?
Is it too much to ask you to please add the vomiting emoji to our options?
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2019, 01:05 AM   #48
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Hi Mike, I think there was about a 10 year break there, not same email, didn't remember password and actually didn *remember* what username I had here (I've had several different usernames over the last 19 years on different forums......and on the day I felt like posting something last year, I just started a new account.

If you want to meld them for me, by all means, please do.

(I am somewhat *intrigued* by why you didn't PM that question to me though. )

There's a shade of accusatory undertone there......though I do not know why? Make no mistake. I am not at all ashamed or embarassed about ANY opinion I post here, or have ever posted here.... whether or not 1 person, 10 people, or the majority of people disagree with it.

If it's because I didn't agree w/one of your inner circle about owners retiring horses early to the breeding shed, or about trainers not knowing how to run the paycheck portion of their million dollar business......fine.

So------meanwhile my question about race horse retirement, where I suggested that *the horses themselves* have a right to *take something off the table* just like their owners do, seems to have gone unanswered.

You probably would not be suprised if I told you just how many people have walked away from horse racing in the last 10 years. People who were quite passionate about it. I noticed when I came back there were fewer *voices* that I was familiar with from back in the old days. As a matter of fact several forums I've been on in the past I've noticed just ....... dwindling down to low numbers.

I will continue to give my opinion on how it's all coming down around our ears, and how the status quo opinion isn't fixing it, and how the perception of horses being like poker chips that owners push around the table and then "cash in" doesn't sit too well with a whole lotta people anymore, and all the other things that are going to be recitfied (or racing WILL die) in the near future. Every decade brings a new consciousness with it, and a new generation. What was okay 70 years ago isn't okay today.

Am I sarcastic about it all sometimes? yeah, I am. Watching bettors getting ripped off, or watching horses suffer and/or die (among many other wrongs) doesn't require me to wear kid gloves. Political correctness has no place in many of these instances.
Ummmm...who's Mike?
Old 07-13-2019, 09:40 PM   #49
Someday Silent

The Haskel and Jim Dandy are coming up within the next two weeks. These will be mighty interesting races.
Someday Silent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply