Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-16-2019, 09:06 PM   #181
bob60566
Vancouver Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I essentially agree with everything in that article. If Stronarch can act as the Board then there is no reason to have one.

If they have evidence then present it and do your job.
The Stronach Group, which has banned Hollendorfer from all its tracks, including Golden Gate Fields in northern California, can do so as a private company. Del Mar, meanwhile, sits on fairgrounds land owned by the state.
bob60566 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2019, 12:52 PM   #182
airford1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Proven innocent of what?

Honestly, I’m disgusted by supposed fans of the sport being so cavalier about horse deaths.

The ONLY ones innocent in this whole mess are those dead horses.
The only way around the Breakdowns is to stop the sport. The death rate for 2019 at Santa Anita was an 8 year low. The breakdowns weren't Media Frenzy News. The only choice to to accept it and work the issues to improve it or stop racing. The cheaters will always be looking for a way to profit in this game.
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2019, 02:05 PM   #183
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Is it l9ow becaues htey shyt down for a while and then implemented tighter rules aftwards?

Could it not have been an all time high just as easily?
Old 07-17-2019, 03:12 PM   #184
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob60566 View Post
The Stronach Group, which has banned Hollendorfer from all its tracks, including Golden Gate Fields in northern California, can do so as a private company. Del Mar, meanwhile, sits on fairgrounds land owned by the state.
I understand the situation.

Both tracks are supposed to be licensed by the State of California and the Board. If they can act as a defacto Board then essentially they control the requirements to be a licensed individual who works there. They control all the due process and usurp the CTRB. Why even have a board in place at SA if that is the case?

Since other tracks are honoring the "defacto" suspension it makes the issue bigger than a private company not allowing an individual to enter the property.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2019, 05:56 PM   #185
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by airford1 View Post
The only way around the Breakdowns is to stop the sport. The death rate for 2019 at Santa Anita was an 8 year low. The breakdowns weren't Media Frenzy News. The only choice to to accept it and work the issues to improve it or stop racing. The cheaters will always be looking for a way to profit in this game.
SA was at a low, while JH was at a record high.

That should tell you something.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2019, 11:18 PM   #186
NY BRED
GARY

Jerry Hollendorfer and Justice

Hall of Fame trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, along with the California Thoroughbred Trainers organization (CTT), have filed a civil complaint again Del Mar racetrack for being denied stalls at the summer meet that begins Wednesday.

Thoroughbred Daily News reported that Hollendorfer's attorneys would be in a San Diego court Thursday seeking an immediate restraining order to allow the trainer stalls and entries at the meet. Darrel Vienna, lawyer for the CTT, told TDN it could be a difficult battle to win.

“I think we have substantial arguments to support obtaining one, but I would say the odds are against us,” Vienna said. “That's based on what I've seen, that the courts hate to intervene. I'm hoping that won't be the case.”

Prior to having stalls denied at Del Mar, Hollendorfer was banned from racing at Stronach Group-owned tracks, following the fourth fatality under his care at the Santa Anita meet. The New York Racing Association then said he was welcome to race at NYRA tracks but reversed that decision a week later.

Hollendorfer has no current violations and no explanation has been given publicly for the bans at Del Mar and in New York. Vienna said denying Hollendorfer stalls for public relations concerns violates an agreement between

the CTT and the Del Mar Turf Club.

Let me guess the response from some of you:

All of these California Trainers use illegal meds, so they are supporting Jerry.

Perhaps Stronach now faces investigation for his insane actions?
Better yet, what comes around, goes around...
NY BRED is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2019, 01:45 AM   #187
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY BRED View Post
Hall of Fame trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, along with the California Thoroughbred Trainers organization (CTT), have filed a civil complaint again Del Mar racetrack for being denied stalls at the summer meet that begins Wednesday.

Thoroughbred Daily News reported that Hollendorfer's attorneys would be in a San Diego court Thursday seeking an immediate restraining order to allow the trainer stalls and entries at the meet. Darrel Vienna, lawyer for the CTT, told TDN it could be a difficult battle to win.

“I think we have substantial arguments to support obtaining one, but I would say the odds are against us,” Vienna said. “That's based on what I've seen, that the courts hate to intervene. I'm hoping that won't be the case.”

Prior to having stalls denied at Del Mar, Hollendorfer was banned from racing at Stronach Group-owned tracks, following the fourth fatality under his care at the Santa Anita meet. The New York Racing Association then said he was welcome to race at NYRA tracks but reversed that decision a week later.

Hollendorfer has no current violations and no explanation has been given publicly for the bans at Del Mar and in New York. Vienna said denying Hollendorfer stalls for public relations concerns violates an agreement between

the CTT and the Del Mar Turf Club.

Let me guess the response from some of you:

All of these California Trainers use illegal meds, so they are supporting Jerry.

“His” supposed insane actions were done by a “her.” You’d think you’d at least know that when judging someone as insane.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:47 PM   #188
NY BRED
GARY

Red face Jerry Hollendorfer

apples generally fall close to the tree.

won't comment what I really think , which basically would be offensive to people who idolize this insane track owner
Old 07-18-2019, 08:00 PM   #189
delsully
Veteran

Quote:
SA was at a low, while JH was at a record high.

That should tell you something.
A record high? Where did you get that from?
delsully is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2019, 08:56 AM   #190
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by airford1 View Post
Could you provide a link to the "death rates" for the past eight years so we can compare? The fact they didn't run for weeks because so many horses were dying would seem to throw off your stats but I'd at least like to see proof of them.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2019, 09:00 AM   #191
castaway01

Quote:

The ironic part is that certain trainers can get away with the stuff they do because horse racing is under the public radar...well, with your alleged injustices against Hollendorfer, you shouldn't sit around waiting for a bunch of white knights to rescue a guy no one but hardcore degenerates like us has heard of by "launching an investigation (lol)"
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2019, 09:24 AM   #192
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
apples generally fall close to the tree.

won't comment what I really think , which basically would be offensive to people who idolize this insane track owner
Do you even know who that is?
Old 07-19-2019, 09:26 AM   #193
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsully View Post
A record high? Where did you get that from?
Assumption. If 6 deaths in 6 months isn’t JH’s record high, then JH is even worse than I thought.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:29 AM   #194
delsully
Veteran

Quote:
Assumption. If 6 deaths in 6 months isn’t JH’s record high, then JH is even worse than I thought.
Just as I thought, you pulled it out of your arse.

Keep grinding that ax.
delsully is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2019, 11:42 AM   #195
NY BRED
GARY

Jerry Hollendorfer

anyone care to discuss Hollendorfer's 6 year record with breakdowns

Legal battle has begun..