Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:11 AM   #1801
fastfasterfastest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I don't think you want to set that precedent. It was immediately out of the gate and all the horse. We'd have way too many DQs if that was applied to all races.
I agree infractions right out of the gate are subjective but the rules are clear, if a horse impedes or hinders another horse, causing that horse a chance at a better finishing position or performance, the horse will be deemed to have committed a foul.

The official stewards report states - "#11 does bare in at the start but the #10 does not appear to be hindered by the actions of #11 as he is a step slow. No change to the order".

I guess two of the three stewards saw it different then most everyone else.
fastfasterfastest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2019, 05:18 PM   #1802
Redhook206

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfasterfastest View Post
I agree infractions right out of the gate are subjective but the rules are clear, if a horse impedes or hinders another horse, causing that horse a chance at a better finishing position or performance, the horse will be deemed to have committed a foul.

The official stewards report states - "#11 does bare in at the start but the #10 does not appear to be hindered by the actions of #11 as he is a step slow. No change to the order".

Check out the DQ in Woodbine6 on June 30.
Redhook206 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2019, 12:01 AM   #1803
fastfasterfastest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhook206 View Post
Check out the DQ in Woodbine6 on June 30.
To me todays incident is more speculative if any interference actually occurred. Whereas yesterday there was no doubt the 10 was wiped out at the start. The jock today nearly falling off made it look much worse than it actually probably was. Unusual also for an incident like that on the backside to lead to a DQ. Looked to me like the 6 did what any horse does that goes for the lead. No obvious aggressive changing of lanes. Odd couple rulings to say the least.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:39 AM   #1804
ubercapper

The footnote in the chart for Skywire reads "Skywire was shut off by Tone Broke and bumped into Suitedconnected at the start...."

The stewards apparently came to a different conclusion. I'll leave it at that.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2019, 11:16 AM   #1805
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:

Sure, I'm just saying that is almost never applied for incidents right out of the gate. As somebody that watches as many head ons of the start as anyone not named Andy Serling, the number of DQs if this type of start was deemed an offense would be mind boggling.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2019, 03:28 PM   #1806
Redhook206

Quote:
To me todays incident is more speculative if any interference actually occurred. Whereas yesterday there was no doubt the 10 was wiped out at the start. The jock today nearly falling off made it look much worse than it actually probably was. Unusual also for an incident like that on the backside to lead to a DQ. Looked to me like the 6 did what any horse does that goes for the lead. No obvious aggressive changing of lanes. Odd couple rulings to say the least.
Well said, totally agree.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:56 PM   #1807
Ocala Mike

9th race at Parx today was an incomprehensible NO DQ for me. The drifted out the length of the stretch under left-hand whipping, first shutting off one horse who altered course to the inside, then brushing the not once, not twice, but a third time past the wire for good measure. The stewards called it an "as is."
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2019, 11:10 PM   #1808
Redhook206

Woodbine 6 DQ June 30

Old 07-21-2019, 08:13 PM   #1809
Robert Fischer
clean money

Race 4 Saratoga 'Coaching Club Oaks'

Seemed obvious that the interfered with the during the stretch run.

Ortiz was aboard the heavy favorite Guarana .
The rail has seemed to be 'tiring' and Guarana was evening out just a bit in the stretch, so Ortiz tried to do the thing where you 'whip righty, but swing the horse out at the same time, and Guarana stayed pretty straight, so he went the left hand whip and Guarana responded a bit too much, 'shied out' into the path of the .

For some reason, the Stewards did not appear to announce an Inquiry - TBH I don't have that info.

Castellano apparently didn't object? - TBH I don't have that info.

Finally there was an 'Owner's Objection'? alleging interference in the stretch.

Sure you can say "Ohh the was never catching the "
I don't know how you can precisely calculate a horse shying out in front of a horse. I don't care about 'intent' in these calls, so my following point is not one of intent as a factor of a call per se, but the obvious intent is also a sign that 'a race was on'.

To disclose, I bet the entire little Twinspires account bankroll on Guarana to win. I could the feel the 'pressure' of the evening while the was finishing willingly, and I saw the obvious herd/shied...
Old 07-21-2019, 11:48 PM   #1810
fastfasterfastest

I didn't see any need for a change. I only watched the inquiry replay twice and determined no significant, if any, interference took place. Of course this is only my opinion.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:17 PM   #1811
Afleet

How did the Grecian Fire not come down in race 7@DMR. He knocked 2-3 horses out of the race. Definitely didn't keep a straight path and impeded at least 2 other horses.
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2019, 10:21 PM   #1812
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
How did the Grecian Fire not come down in race 7@DMR. He knocked 2-3 horses out of the race. Definitely didn't keep a straight path and impeded at least 2 other horses.
They blamed the for causing the to blow the turn. I just don't see it.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:25 PM   #1813
Tor Ekman

I agree. Odd, watching live I thought the had to check up but the replay clearly showed it was its own doing blowing the turn . . . not complaining because I had the to complete the pick-3 but have to agree that it's hard to understand how it got a pass on that one. Having said all that, great ride by Mike Smith getting a grip on it and then firing to win going away
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2019, 10:39 PM   #1814
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman View Post
I agree. Odd, watching live I thought the had to check up but the replay clearly showed it was its own doing blowing the turn . . . not complaining because I had the to complete the pick-3 but have to agree that it's hard to understand how it got a pass on that one. Having said all that, great ride by Mike Smith getting a grip on it and then firing to win going away
was the best horse though
Old 07-26-2019, 10:59 PM   #1815
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
agree, but the way they call things if that 4 horses did not finish better they were not going to make a change.

should have come down.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply