Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:57 PM   #2341
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ans-heres-why/

snip from the article...

...But when you look at who told pollsters that they share at least some of Trump's concerns, that same pattern mentioned up above — white, Republicans with more limited education — shows up in a slightly more subtle way. Pay close attention to the blue bars below.
There is an often forgotten humongous group who uneducated republicans and HS only voters belong to. The only group not covered in the Wash Post survey

Gong show contestants and viewers and fans

Figures that the showman/entertainer and the current leading republican candidate is so popular among this demographic.

Attached Images
File Type: png gongtrump.png (36.2 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by hcap; 12-09-2015 at 05:00 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2015, 05:03 PM   #2342
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Sounds like maybe, just maybe, Trump was right. Not Constitutionally but right.

The Constitution in not perfect, especially Not in a time of War.

So again Trump will get a pass.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2015, 05:31 PM   #2343
schweitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller
FTFY.

Once a free society starts justifying mitigating the rights of certain sects of people it enters a really slippery slope.

Would it get that far? I doubt it but...
I don't know if you are talking about emigrants or refuges. Please explain what "right" either of these groups have to enter our country.
schweitz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2015, 06:03 PM   #2344
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweitz
I don't know if you are talking about emigrants or refuges. Please explain what "right" either of these groups have to enter our country.
I'm referring to the right's a society declares sacred and inalienable if it considers itself to be free.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore."°

°: Except Muslims

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 12-09-2015 at 06:06 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2015, 06:11 PM   #2345
Greyfox

Quote:
I'm referring to the right's a society declares sacred and inalienable if it considers itself to be free.

"Give me your tired, your poor,

°: Except Muslims
1. Those rights are only for citizens of the United States, who've either been born in America or entered legally.

2. From the 1920s to the 1960's immigration to the United States was slowed to a trickle and only a few from selected countries, mainly European were allow to emigrate.

America has never been like The Price is Right game. - C'mon down.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2015, 06:14 PM   #2346
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
1. Those rights are only for citizens of the United States, who've either been born in America or entered legally.

2. From the 1920s to the 1960's immigration to the United States was slowed to a trickle and only a few from selected countries, mainly European were allow to emigrate.
1. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

2. Irrelevant we aren't blocking people from certain countries. We are proposing blocking a religion.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:18 PM   #2347
Greyfox

Quote:
1. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

2. Irrelevant we aren't blocking people from certain countries. We are proposing blocking a religion.
Liberty and the pursuit of happiness are not part of the Islamist agenda.
The proposal is to block a POLITICAL MOVEMENT which disguises itself as a religion.
The mistake most are making is referring to Islamism as a religion.
It is a vicious POLITICAL MOVEMENT.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:26 PM   #2348
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Liberty and the pursuit of happiness are not part of the Islamist agenda.
The proposal is to block a POLITICAL MOVEMENT which disguises itself as a religion.
The mistake most are making is referring to Islamism as a religion.
It is a vicious POLITICAL MOVEMENT.
I don't care what the Islamist agenda is... Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness is my agenda because I'm an American. As such I'll defend that agenda.

I'm not against vetting everyone...
I'm not against freezing refugees from a war zone while we create a vetting process...

I'm against discriminating against a major world religion on the basis of fear. That's cowardice and goes against my American principles.

As far as your political movement horseshit... Thats exactly what it is. All religions are political movements so spare me.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:30 PM   #2349
Greyfox

Quote:
As far as your political movement horseshit... Thats exactly what it is. All religions are political movements so spare me.
Theocracy is Democracy's biggest sworn enemy. The founding fathers knew that. You don't.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:54 PM   #2350
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Theocracy is Democracy's biggest sworn enemy. The founding fathers knew that. You don't.

Hence the separation of church and state, freedom of religion, etc.

None of that has to do with your "Islam is a political movement" nonsense or the fact all religions are political movements. Move along.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:00 PM   #2351
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

I don't care what the Islamist agenda is... Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness is my agenda because I'm an American. As such I'll defend that agenda.

Excuse me, because the agenda of Radical Islam is to kill us. Consider this:

Do you agree with killing us?
Old 12-09-2015, 07:02 PM   #2352
Native Texan III

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
So, once again, the theory "if we're nicer to them, they'll be nicer to us" is floated. This is the REAL WORLD man. There is a significant subset of the Muslim culture that would stop at NOTHING to see the demise of the USA and our allies. NOTHING. And no amount of appeasement or "playing nice" is going to change that.

And now that ISIS is making MILLIONS off of the sale of illegal oil, how far off do you think before they start acquiring weapons we see used against us only in our darkest of nightmares? Yeah, I know...we're the only country to have dropped the A-bomb on another country, so I suppose we have it comin'.

At a certain point, conventional thinking has to be tossed OUT THE WINDOW. Trump's idea is the start of that...hopefully, more palatable ideas are forthcoming (from everyone).
The numbers of Muslims joining ISIS from outside Iraq and Syria are in their hundreds. There is not significant threat to anyone from 99%of Muslims.
You are far, far more likely to be killed by a crazy white "Christian" guy born in USA. The gullible rabble raised mob seem to forget that and have jumped onto a bandwagon they know and understand nothing about. It further shames USA and panders to the stereotype that male Americans are all scared, fat, balding, middle aged men with goatee beards and IQs in the low 10s.
ISIS have already captured USA weapons provided to the Iraqi army and sold to Saudi Arabia by USA and UK. Most of ISIS money comes from Saudi citizens - our ally. The oil is being mostly bought by Turkey our NATO ally and slaves and heritage artefacts are sold all around the Middle East.
Native Texan III is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2015, 07:07 PM   #2353
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

I guess not, since

The Founding Fathers did not anticipate everything.

Or maybe they did, since it is clear the Country and the People can defend themselves.

At least according to them.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:11 PM   #2354
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Texan III
The numbers of Muslims joining ISIS from outside Iraq and Syria are in their hundreds. There is not significant threat to anyone from 99%of Muslims.
You are far, far more likely to be killed by a crazy white "Christian" guy born in USA. The gullible rabble raised mob seem to forget that and have jumped onto a bandwagon they know and understand nothing about. It further shames USA and panders to the stereotype that male Americans are all scared, fat, balding, middle aged men with goatee beards and IQs in the low 10s.
ISIS have already captured USA weapons provided to the Iraqi army and sold to Saudi Arabia by USA and UK. Most of ISIS money comes from Saudi citizens - our ally. The oil is being mostly bought by Turkey our NATO ally and slaves and heritage artefacts are sold all around the Middle East.
Time to reevaluate who our allies are.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:27 PM   #2355
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Give me your tired, your poor,
And you leave out the strict rules and quota we had all through the years.
we don't just allow people to waltz in as they please.
You really don't a a clue what you are talking about, do you?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: