Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #31
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Jeff,

You are an idiot.

Indulto,

I'm speechless. Why should Mende by sympathized with in this case? Because he didn't get what he feels are proper thanks? For as much work as he did making video tapes (yeah, so hard), kiris did 5 times more getting them to the public on Youtube. Screw Jeff Mende.
cj,
I didn't make that last post to debate anyone and I wasn't taking sides. I was just trying to offer an insight to possibly reduce the hard feelings between the principals and pause the feeding frenzy for a while.

If you don't see any merit in that, it's fine with me. They were once friends with a common passion. Too bad it came to this.

As you were.
Indulto is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #32
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Hey Jeff..... MA.
Please, take your sorry-ass crap elsewhere - we are horse race lovers here, so you obviously don't belong here.
Try www.turdstalking.com

Now, excuse me, I have to go take a mende.
In fact, I will officially change my catch-insult from POS to POM.

Last edited by Tom; 02-07-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2010, 12:30 PM   #33
OntheRail

Now I'd be willing to bet you.. Mr. Mende contacted Jim with your offer to use tapes of races that you had... and not the other way around.. right? I mean it not like Jeff sent a email out requesting anyone with race videos to forward them. So you contact him and he accepts and converts them to digital media and at no time did you put any preconditions of use on their being used. Now after a piece in the NY Time looking for info about the man behind the starting of this channel... you get your panties in a bunch and feel slighted. I could see you point if the idea was hatched over coffee and donuts together. But like I said JC did not mass email.. you went and offered AFTER the thing was up and running... which was noble. Now your being petty and self absorbed... with all the ME ME ME. I've done many thing at my own expense to help the Community without any press or recognition... I know you'd have to wonder why... why do something without all the pats on the back and have people point and say wow look at what he did. Well I do what I do because it pleases me to do so... I do it for me and the fact that others benefit is just a bonus. Your like the guy that comes along and holds the post hole digger then claims to of put up the whole fence. I could hardly believe that Jim did not thank you again and again for the tapes you offered to him... just don't see it. And then He did show proof that he did name you (as a FRIEND no less) to the reporter. But I can see you wanting to profit in some way from someone else work... such as those that product the races you taped. Really I did not think you come out of the White House and show your avatar around here after the BS you pulled and are now tiring to pull.

Thanks agian KirisClown for all your hardwork that you put in for all of us to enjoy.
What a Drama Queen you are Mr. Mende.
OntheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #34
Indian Charlie

Where's Kiri's "thank you?"

Kiri,

I read Mr. Mende's post carefully.

Mr. Mende asked that you show everyone an email or letter where you thanked him for sending you 14 years worth of tapes.

He did help you, didn't he?

I would be interested in seeing the email where you thanked him.

Please post it so everyone can see it.
Indian Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #35
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

JIM DOES THANK JEFF ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE PARTYMANNERS SITE!

Quote:
Special thanks to Jeff Mende, who has donated many videos to the Partymanners YouTube channel. Mende has been employed by NYRA, Maryland Jockey Club, Gulfstream Park, Sports Eye, Staten Island Advance, Brisnet and as a bloodstock agent with Mark Reid.
A nice fat thank you on the FRONT PAGE. What more can be expected?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2010, 12:49 PM   #36
nativenova

I am surprised Mr.Mende has not asked Mike to say thank you for posting on his site ...mind you it is still early.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:49 PM   #37
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie
Kiri,

Mr. Mende asked that you show everyone an email or letter where you thanked him for sending you 14 years worth of tapes.

Contender for dumbest post of 2010 has emerged. I imagine this will be a near wire to wire victory.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #38
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Contender for dumbest post of 2010 has emerged. I imagine this will be a near wire to wire victory.

If only I could be so optimistic.

I imagine a full Derby like field that most likely hits the wire together like it's a synthetic race.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #39
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
JIM DOES THANK JEFF ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE PARTYMANNERS SITE!

A nice fat thank you on the FRONT PAGE. What more can be expected?
Pace...I'm glad you posted that rather large thank you on partymanners channel page...because I was trying to figure out how to do the same thing...

Also, I agree with depalma's post...he is 100% correct in his assessment of this situation.

I know a little about how time consuming it is to put videos online...I used to do that when I was raising horses, I would video my foals and put the video online...beleive me, it ain't so easy.

Mr. Mendes...you have recieved more than enough thanks yous from Jim...and I cannot imagine what more he can do to give you credit...maybe an entire page devoted to you??
Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill ...the hole you are digging gets deeper everytime you claim ownership rights to races tapped off a TV set, and if you fall in, it's gonna be awful hard to climb out.

partymanners...once again, from the bottom of my heart

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #40
FlowerEssence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie
Kiri,

Have you even looked at partymanners youtubepage? As PA has said, it's right there:

http://www.youtube.com/user/partyman.../0/nykJ9MJ8QoM

Scroll down the left side where it says "About Me" and "Special thanks to Jeff Mende...."

FlowerEssence is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #41
thorobasePA

50% of partymanners historical racing archive complete! http://j.mp/cek2S7 Amazing work by all involved http://j.mp/cum3mL

Thanks to all from PaceAdvantage who are helping!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:22 AM   #42
WinterTriangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirisClown
There's a "Special Thank You" note on the front page of the channel.. and a note on the bottom of each race description of either "Donated by Jeff Mende" or "Generously donated by Jeff Mende"
Thank you that answers my question.

Apparently, there are not enough thank-you's in this world that would satisfy him.

Good luck with your future endeavors.
WinterTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2010, 02:12 AM   #43
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Mende
3). Commercial use of any race-related videos contributed by me (approximately 50 percent of the content on your Youtube sites), or commercial spin-off venture in any form, would require permission from the video's original owner (Jeff Mende) and copyright owners.
The video's original owner (Jeff Mende)?

You're old enough to remember. Someone tapes a song from a radio station on cassette. They make a copy for a friend and that friend includes it on a mix tape that helped him meet his future wife.

In your world, you want to be thanked, in triplicate, during the wedding program for being instrumental in their marriage.

You took it upon yourself to press record on a VHS and you learned someone was kind enough to upload races online. You were kind enough to make your tapes available (taken from copyrighted material) to someone who simply wanted to enrich the experience for racing fans.

He garnered some ink. Not a major deal.

If you were an editor and I came to you with two story ideas; one of some guy who put a tape in a machine and pressed record over a number of years or someone who was instrumental in digitizing a voluminous amount of races so that they are available to anyone on the internet, which would you choose?

Thanks for your time & effort Mr. Meade. Won't you consider 'letting it go' and feeling a feeling like few others know in knowing that you helped put a lasting chronicle of exceptional material in a venue for the world to see forever?

In light of that, you might find it awkward to position yourself with any further "thank me & use my name often" stance.

To lift a phrase:

These are The Peoples Races
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #44
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
The video's original owner (Jeff Mende)?

You're old enough to remember. Someone tapes a song from a radio station on cassette. They make a copy for a friend and that friend includes it on a mix tape that helped him meet his future wife.

In your world, you want to be thanked, in triplicate, during the wedding program for being instrumental in their marriage.

You took it upon yourself to press record on a VHS and you learned someone was kind enough to upload races online. You were kind enough to make your tapes available (taken from copyrighted material) to someone who simply wanted to enrich the experience for racing fans.

He garnered some ink. Not a major deal.

If you were an editor and I came to you with two story ideas; one of some guy who put a tape in a machine and pressed record over a number of years or someone who was instrumental in digitizing a voluminous amount of races so that they are available to anyone on the internet, which would you choose?

Thanks for your time & effort Mr. Meade. Won't you consider 'letting it go' and feeling a feeling like few others know in knowing that you helped put a lasting chronicle of exceptional material in a venue for the world to see forever?

In light of that, you might find it awkward to position yourself with any further "thank me & use my name often" stance.

To lift a phrase:

These are The Peoples Races
BigMack, me hero. I don't need to get in the pile-on directly, but I sure as hell need to salute a synopsis like that. Case closed.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #45
Kimsus
Veteran

Jeff, you really should address Kirisclown's response to you of attaching a "special thank for each video you donated". By you not doing so, your position is considerably weakened here and I really have to question your sincerity in all this. So what gives Mr. Mende?
Kimsus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply