Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-02-2021, 07:58 PM   #31
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Sits next to me and plays horses.
Burnsy with the hot hand, 2nd in the low roller contest , got paid and cashed all day at the windows.. We both had the $200 pik3 in the finale. $200 with a 3/5 in the middle. Genius. 😂

Old 09-02-2021, 09:09 PM   #32
Cholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post

Siro's after track party...I told you I was good with the ladies!

"Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed man"

you rock, Suff

Last edited by Cholly; 09-02-2021 at 09:12 PM.
Cholly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2021, 10:31 PM   #33
jefftune

Love the photos. Looks like nice weather. I was up there a couple weeks ago - I wished I could have done some walking around Saratoga but it pretty much rained both days I was there.
jefftune is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2021, 11:01 PM   #34
westernmassbob

Was on location today and wished I hadn’t been. The place looked depressing with extremely low attendance. Lots of workers just standing around etc. Never a fan of off the turf days and 4-5 horse fields. It is what it was. The rain killed it not to mention it was 25 degrees cooler then last week when I was there. Grabbed the late pick 3 as well but that was all luck. There was a DQ, then the chalk that did not win easily and the final race was up for grabs. It got me out for the day. Tough to leave out an Uncle Mo horse. BTW the little guy left out the 4 horse in race four today. Five horse field , four picks and left out Aloha West. Lot of qtip followers must have lost there bankroll because of that. Glad your feeling better little guy.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2021, 06:29 AM   #35
burnsy
self medicated

I love the last week due to the lower attendance . It’s for the locals that’s why they sold the giveaway stuff yesterday. The weather was great I thought, 70 degrees and sunny. I kind of agree with the turf…… I don’t know why they were all off and at first I was irritated too. But you gotta put that aside and figure it out . It was my third best day yesterday . There were prices to be had . Travers Day there were 44, 000 people (pain in the ass) and the prices sucked. I’ll take any day when it’s nice out, I can get around the place and horses pay like that. I get a little frustrated by rain out cards but if you put it aside and study……. There’s often money to be made.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2021, 07:18 AM   #36
Suff
Beat up 💪

Cool 7 am 🍳 & 🥓

You have to work at not being happy here.

Old 09-03-2021, 07:27 AM   #37
alhattab

Thanks for the pics Suff. Did you meet Kelly Breen’s barn cat while you were over that way (he’s right next to Ryerson). Feisty and fun little guy. BTW Jim Ryerson is one nice guy

Was there a few weeks ago. Passed a few people that had some resemblance to you and asked “Are you Suff?” No luck.

If you like houses, find your way up to North Broadway up by Skidmore if you haven’t been before. Probably too far to walk from where you are but a nice walk once you get up there
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2021, 07:28 AM   #38
burnsy
self medicated

Exactly Suff. You get it. There’s a reason I’m there 34 or so days a year. Does it get frustrating at times? Yeah, everything does. Nothing is perfect. But this is about as close as it gets to being so.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:50 AM   #39
Suff
Beat up 💪

When money is plentiful

The ballers are found here. The Post, Shake Shack area.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:05 AM   #40
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Exactly Suff. You get it. There’s a reason I’m there 34 or so days a year. Does it get frustrating at times? Yeah, everything does. Nothing is perfect. But this is about as close as it gets to being so.
Made it for 18 cards this year- a personal best (I live 200 miles away). It was a dream come true. Some shitty weather days but you make due. Whitney weekend was pure magic on all fronts, and while I got buried Travers day the racing was terrific. Suff is right, you really have to try to not be happy there. Some great off track experiences too thanks to an industry connection and a local guy who introduced me to his friend who lives on Nelson on the crown of the Clubhouse turn and hosted a post Travers party.

Last edited by alhattab; 09-03-2021 at 08:06 AM.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2021, 08:26 AM   #41
burnsy
self medicated

There’s always bumps in the road but this place is timeless fun.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:29 AM   #42
Suff
Beat up 💪

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
Made it for 18 cards this year- a personal best (I live 200 miles away). It was a dream come true. Some shitty weather days but you make due. Whitney weekend was pure magic on all fronts, and while I got buried Travers day the racing was terrific. Suff is right, you really have to try to not be happy there. Some great off track experiences too thanks to an industry connection and a local guy who introduced me to his friend who lives on Nelson on the crown of the Clubhouse turn and hosted a post Travers party.

18 is a number you can be proud of! I'm boxing the 1 & 8 all day now... 😆

Table neighbors yesterday were from Utica, 2 hours away? They're coming back Sunday too. Great time, the common bond of loving Saratoga, you make fast friends.. Saturday I have friends coming from Rochester that I met here a few years ago.

We text holiday greetings , we keep in touch all year discussing Saratoga plans...it's heartwarming.

The new tailgate area is imho-- epic beyond epic. I mean, you are right on top of the track! It's crazy good. I'm considering renting one without a car! 😂

They have a little station out here, 3 machines, 2 tvs and a bar/bartender for 12 spots..pretty nice.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:41 AM   #43
Suff
Beat up 💪

On it.

No exaggeration...right on it.

Old 09-03-2021, 09:00 AM   #44
Red Knave
dGnr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
You have to work at not being happy here.
Truth.

Thanks for the snaps and sterling commentary.

The takers get the honey, the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower, Too Rolling Stoned - 1974
Red Knave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2021, 06:05 PM   #45
Robert Fischer
clean money

Nice photos Suff

Good to see Travis Stone on the Talking Horses today. Hope Stabile is feeling better.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: