Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-30-2021, 05:02 PM   #886
airford1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Can anyone remember any other trainer in recent memory that is even close to having horses that seem to so regularly running literally out of their skin types of performances such as Baffert? Are there any other trainers that would be considered close to being within his realm regarding these types of shenanigans?
Been like this from the 70's for me and before I'm sure.

Just checked in to see if the "Greatest Trainer EVER", was still Bob Baffert.
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2021, 05:11 PM   #887
the little guy

Quote:
Hey TLG:

If you are intimating that essentially all of them are a mess nowadays, well, I hear you!!
How do you infer that from what I said? I don't get it
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2021, 05:29 PM   #888
Vinnie

IMO Baffert has shown a propensity to cheat for the longest time, and, as a direct result of his intentionally participating in such acts of skulduggery probably will fail to go down as one of the better never mind one of the "best" trainers of all time. As an earlier poster so succinctly stated "I wish that he would take his 30+ million and just go away".

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2021, 03:30 PM   #889
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

So what is the real issue with Medina Spirit? One published work in June?
Old 07-08-2021, 10:50 AM   #890
classhandicapper

He's still fighting back and making some good points.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...he-jockey-club

Last edited by classhandicapper; 07-08-2021 at 10:53 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2021, 12:14 PM   #891
airford1

Quote:
IMO Baffert has shown a propensity to cheat for the longest time, and, as a direct result of his intentionally participating in such acts of skulduggery probably will fail to go down as one of the better never mind one of the "best" trainers of all time. As an earlier poster so succinctly stated "I wish that he would take his 30+ million and just go away".
That is what the internet has done, Let's all of us make statements from what we have been feed from the Media. Innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The positives Mr Baffert has got were not Performance enhancing or Masking as such. PICO grams of Betamethasone? One more day and it doesn't show up. Rule are to be followed and all trainers are counting days prior to race entry in an effort not to have a positive. We just LOVE to tear the successful down and I for one find it despicable.
Guilty? Find a better case to crush Baffert if you are so determined to do so.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:30 PM   #892
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
He's still fighting back and making some good points.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...he-jockey-club
One of the things I would do if I represented NYRA would be to request an evidentiary hearing on Baffert's motion. Want to testify under oath, Bob?
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2021, 05:55 PM   #893
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

"Baffert's attorney W. Craig Robertson III, with Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, followed with a July 7 letter requesting that the July 12 hearing be limited to attorney arguments "as opposed to presenting live witnesses, and to rely on the evidence submitted along with their respective briefing."

I am obviously not law-savvy, but why on not having any live witnesses?
Old 07-09-2021, 11:44 AM   #894
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic Parakeet View Post
"Baffert's attorney W. Craig Robertson III, with Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, followed with a July 7 letter requesting that the July 12 hearing be limited to attorney arguments "as opposed to presenting live witnesses, and to rely on the evidence submitted along with their respective briefing."

I am obviously not law-savvy, but why on not having any live witnesses?
For the most obvious reason: Baffert does not want to answer, under oath, what he actually did to Medina Spirit, or any other horse NYRA might want to ask him about.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2021, 12:57 PM   #895
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by airford1 View Post
That is what the internet has done, Let's all of us make statements from what we have been feed from the Media. Innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The positives Mr Baffert has got were not Performance enhancing or Masking as such. PICO grams of Betamethasone? One more day and it doesn't show up. Rule are to be followed and all trainers are counting days prior to race entry in an effort not to have a positive. We just LOVE to tear the successful down and I for one find it despicable.
Ehhh...a Positive in one of the World's biggest races. What would you consider a "better case" to "crush" Baffert? Baffert isn't arguing the Positive...he is arguing his "due process".

He isn't outrunning this.
Old 07-09-2021, 01:39 PM   #896
Vinnie

Quote:
Honestly, I don't like to see anything adverse in any way shape or form happen to anyone. I enjoy nothing more than to see anybody that is successful at whatever their pursuits out there doing their thing in general. Sounds like just a bit of deflection going on in this instance. Clearly, BB has gotten away with this nonsense for far too long. Any intensified scrutiny that he has possibly received as a result has been brought on by no one other than BB himself.

Vinnie

Old 07-09-2021, 01:39 PM   #897
airford1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Ehhh...a Positive in one of the World's biggest races. What would you consider a "better case" to "crush" Baffert? Baffert isn't arguing the Positive...he is arguing his "due process".

He isn't outrunning this.
Pico units, ya that moved this horse up to the winners circle. Just saying there MUST be a better case for cheating. Anabolic Steroids, High O2 levels, masking elements, pain killers and MANY other ways to gain an edge. How long has the Cheatin police been watching Baffert and you come to the table with PICO units for topical steroid?
Old 07-10-2021, 12:22 PM   #898
pandy

Quote:
There's a lot more than pico grams. There's the 7 dead horses in 16 months (dropped dead), plus the highest death rate of horses in the sport, he was caught using morphine on a horse, he conspired with the CHRB to hide the fact that his horse, Justify, tested positive and it only became known due to a NY Times article. He also has the highest rate of drug violations per starter in the sport. At some point, the sport has to try and protect the public, the honest owners and trainers, and the horses. Which is what they're doing in Kentucky and New York.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2021, 01:00 PM   #899
Vinnie

You know, I followed Justify from his Maiden Race thinking to myself "what a monster". I thought at the time that if everything goes accordingly we could be looking at racing's next Triple Crown winner. Now, after learning of the CHRB and their intentional efforts to cover up various nefarious acts of particular horsemen, etc., I am now left with the diminished feeling that none of it should have ever happened. When you closely examine BB's past accomplishments as a trainer and they have been almost too numerous to mention, it forces you to look at essentially each and every one of them with a higher measure of scrutiny than one would ordinarily apply due to what has fairly recently come to light.

Vinnie

Old 07-10-2021, 03:54 PM   #900
GMB@BP

Quote:
You know, I followed Justify from his Maiden Race thinking to myself "what a monster". I thought at the time that if everything goes accordingly we could be looking at racing's next Triple Crown winner. Now, after learning of the CHRB and their intentional efforts to cover up various nefarious acts of particular horsemen, etc., I am now left with the diminished feeling that none of it should have ever happened. When you closely examine BB's past accomplishments as a trainer and they have been almost too numerous to mention, it forces you to look at essentially each and every one of them with a higher measure of scrutiny than one would ordinarily apply due to what has fairly recently come to light.
I agree....I am rooting now for the Brad Cox's, Joe Sharp's of the world...the young guns who are clean in this sport!
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: