Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-10-2016, 04:23 PM   #31
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No!
1) California Chrome (CC Inc)
2) Frank Conversation (Reddam Racing)
3) Tequila Joe (Jerry Frankel)
4) Runhappy (Jim McIngvale)
5) Highland Reel (Coolmore)
6) Take The Stand (Earl Mack)
7) Uncle Vinny (Starlight Stables)
8) (Dan Schafer)
9) Shaman Ghost (Adena Springs)
10) WV Jetsetter (Reeves Thoroughbreds) * oh wait, media darling Ritvo dumped that graded stakes placed stakes winner from allowance/stakes races straight to $4k at Belterra Park last month, so he probably won't show up (anywhere)
11) (Rosedown Racing)
12) War Envoy (Ruis Racing)
Some quality field. I guess you can enter a mule if you have enough money (no offense Mulerider). Not what you call a class invitational.
If Arrogate doesn't buy in (what we used to call enter) which is unlikely, this will be a bust.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2016, 04:31 PM   #32
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo
Some quality field. I guess you can enter a mule if you have enough money (no offense Mulerider). Not what you call a class invitational.
If Arrogate doesn't buy in (what we used to call enter) which is unlikely, this will be a bust.
That isn't the expected field. The owners of the slots have been out there talking to the owners of top horses about partnering for their slot positions.

But if the field has CC and Arrowgate in it, how is it worse than the BC field? It's a tough thing to pull off this race but I commend for trying.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2016, 05:33 PM   #33
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pele polo
Even better idea, I'll be first in line with my 10k, lol.

Pay a million just likeeveryone else. Construct it like the claim box and have the money ready to go.

Fields of twelve are nearly certain to have a late scratch of a sick horse or the connections don't like their post position. The 12 hole going 9f @ Gulfstream? They could have backed it up a little, maybe made it a 9 1/2f race.
True.

Outside post in a 9F race at Gulfstream is near death. 12 horses? Good luck out of the 12 hole unless you Bayern the field.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2016, 05:58 PM   #34
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pele polo
Even better idea, I'll be first in line with my 10k, lol.

Pay a million just likeeveryone else. Construct it like the claim box and have the money ready to go.

Fields of twelve are nearly certain to have a late scratch of a sick horse or the connections don't like their post position. The 12 hole going 9f @ Gulfstream? They could have backed it up a little, maybe made it a 9 1/2f race.
Or they could back it up a little and still call it a 9 furlong race.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2016, 06:33 PM   #35
Rex Phinney

The 12 stakeholders get to have a second horse as a possible runner, if needed that horse gets to step into the big race. If not needed, that horse gets a chance in another 9 furlongs stakes the same day.

So they have sort of the A race and now the B race, which will include entries from all the same owners and also they will share in the handle.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2016, 07:45 PM   #36
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
That isn't the expected field. The owners of the slots have been out there talking to the owners of top horses about partnering for their slot positions.

But if the field has CC and Arrowgate in it, how is it worse than the BC field? It's a tough thing to pull off this race but I commend for trying.
Whether this race gets Arrogate has yet to be seen. This field is much weaker than the BC field. In addition to the top 2 the BC had Frosted, Effenix, Keen Ice, Hoppertunity and Melatonin - not a bad supporting cast. The only likely interesting starters in the Pegasus, other than Chrome, are Shaman Ghost and Highland Reel (a turf horse). The only possible interest would be if Arrogate was entered (not likely) and it becomes a match race.
Otherwise between this and the obscene admission prices this race is a rip-off and a joke.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2016, 09:21 PM   #37
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Whether this race gets Arrogate has yet to be seen. This field is much weaker than the BC field. In addition to the top 2 the BC had Frosted, Effenix, Keen Ice, Hoppertunity and Melatonin - not a bad supporting cast. The only likely interesting starters in the Pegasus, other than Chrome, are Shaman Ghost and Highland Reel (a turf horse). The only possible interest would be if Arrogate was entered (not likely) and it becomes a match race.
Otherwise between this and the obscene admission prices this race is a rip-off and a joke.
I'm not gonna a call it a "joke" just yet, but the entire reality is that Chrome and Arrogate are so far and away head and shoulders better than the rest of the division that this race seems absurd right now.

It will be interesting bargaining going on for at least 7 or 8 of the 12 slots.

I don't see Highland Reel running much less Songbird. So who else is there? A bunch of horses that were just whipped by Chrome and Arrogate?

I mean seriously, who is gonna run against Chrome or Arrogate if they are in the field? And if both are in the field, running for 3rd just doesn't cut it.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:50 PM   #38
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
The supporting cast had zero shot and everyone knew it, so it'd be no different in the Pegasus.

As for the obscene admission cost, you clearly didn't go to the BC.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2016, 09:21 PM   #39
ribjig

Three Points:

12 owners share NET from betting pool...
(ergo Gulfstream gets back their expenses related to PWC betting pool?)

the race to compare PWC to wrt various guestimates is Dubai World Cup?

why no mention of Songbird?? Beholder?!!!
THEN YOU
MUST REREAD
THE THREAD...

Last edited by ribjig; 11-11-2016 at 09:24 PM.
ribjig is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2016, 09:27 PM   #40
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
True.

Outside post in a 9F race at Gulfstream is near death. 12 horses? Good luck out of the 12 hole unless you Bayern the field.

I like that phrase
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2016, 09:33 PM   #41
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
The supporting cast had zero shot and everyone knew it, so it'd be no different in the Pegasus.

As for the obscene admission cost, you clearly didn't go to the BC.
At least the BC has 13 World Class races held over 2 days.

Pegasus Day will have..... 1? Maybe?

There will be 2 or 3 other Graded Stakes races, but it will undoubtedly be watered down fields.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:06 PM   #42
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
At least the BC has 13 World Class races held over 2 days.

Pegasus Day will have..... 1? Maybe?

There will be 2 or 3 other Graded Stakes races, but it will undoubtedly be watered down fields.
Maybe they can run a 36 horse race.

12 horses on the inner turf, 12 on the outer and 12 on the dirt. Make every bet .01
Old 11-11-2016, 11:07 PM   #43
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

I'd then throw in an additional 2 horses. Numbers 0 and 00.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:55 PM   #44
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I'd then throw in an additional 2 horses. Numbers 0 and 00.
Don't kid yourself, Stronach's would have the 00 covered and it would win.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:36 AM   #45
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Maybe they can run a 36 horse race.

12 horses on the inner turf, 12 on the outer and 12 on the dirt. Make every bet .01
Woodbine ran harness and tbreds at the same time.