Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #16
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
So nobody has ever gotten their reduced because they couldn't pay? I know of 2 such cases where in Nebraska alone without even thinking about it. One involved a brother of a high school classmate who was charged with manslaughter. I do not remember the exact numbers. But they were lowered considerablely after he spent a week in jail because his family could not raise the first bail amount. His charges were eventually dropped after a year of legal wrangling.
I didn't say anything about any individual has or hasn't gotten. You made a ridiculous claim about how you couldn't believe more people weren't aware of the bail system. I showed you the legal system regarding bails and just like in the Nebraska has lost people, you are AGAIN proven wrong. So you resort to " well I knew a person" etc etc. What you constantly show is how little you truly know...
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #17
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
I've taken notice you throw no shortage of little zingers with little rhyme er reason.

Please, give us more substance of this 'system' that is out to protect him. Further, bring some substance to the rationale of him fleeing.

Be nice to see some of these loopy, truncated statements around here, called out for what they normally are. NUTS.
Regardless of whether, or not, this guy is guilty of murder, there is one sad fact that is ignored by many. A kid got killed here. He was unarmed.
No one is sure what he was up to, but he died for no reason.

When certain sections of the political world weigh in on affairs like this, the other end of the scale immediately objects.
The whole affair is pretty sad.
Guilty, or not......
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #18
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

What if Zimmerman had died from having his head bashed on the sidewalk?
Would you say the same thing, even though he was armed?

I thought like you did at first, but as details are revealed, I think we need to all wait until the whole picture is show to us.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:25 AM   #19
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
Regardless of whether, or not, this guy is guilty of murder, there is one sad fact that is ignored by many. A kid got killed here. He was unarmed.

When certain sections of the political world weigh in on affairs like this, the other end of the scale immediately objects.
Guilty, or not......
I among many others have stated multiple times that the entire incident was nothing but tragic for all involved. One life was ended and another was changed forever, and not in a good way. Then there are the families and friends on both sides whose lives have been irrevocably altered.

Sad is right...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #20
newtothegame

Quote:

Guilty, or not......
I agree that it is sad that someone died. I have said that from the beginning. But, I think your statement holds no water when you say "no one is sure what he was up to", then you follow it up with but he died for no reason. How do we know what the reason was if no one is sure what he was up to?
Again, I am not justifying the death of him...just curious how you arrive at those statements when they seem to be in conflict with each other....
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #21
fast4522

A young man 17 years old thinks of the opposite sex about 7,000 times a day, a 30 year old man thinks of it 4,000 a day. What was really wrong in this tragedy was getting in the kids face and not letting him resume thinking what every single kid thinks about as SOP going on with his business. It is OK to watch for out of place people and monitor them, but to be the cowboy is just plain stupid.
Why on earth does one want to confront when it is uncalled for?
Here for your viewing pleasure is the face of stupid.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_001.jpg (17.1 KB, 67 views)
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2012, 11:56 PM   #22
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522
Why on earth does one want to confront when it is uncalled for?
The evidence, thus far, has evoked the same question from me about Martin.

Quote:
Here for your viewing pleasure is the face of stupid.
If that's "stupid", what do you call this?

Old 06-04-2012, 02:17 AM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
If that's "stupid", what do you call this?

Probably the same thing you'd call this:

PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #24
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

GWB pic - read my mind.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #25
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

Hey...I never accused GWB of being the brightest light bulb in the factory either.
But then....even body language should be understood in its context, don't you agree?

Boxcar
Old 06-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #26
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

Or this.....

He's a kid, for crisakes.....

Boxcar sees an image of the kid flipping the bird, so therefore he's a thug and a gangsta........figures.

Last edited by horses4courses; 06-04-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #27
boxcar

Nonetheless, did Bush or Cash ever come out blazing with both barrels like this?

Seems to me, as a student of body language, this kid had twice the 'tude of either. Whaddya think?

Boxcar
Old 06-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #28
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Nonetheless, did Bush or Cash ever come out blazing with both barrels like this?

Seems to me, as a student of body language, this kid had twice the 'tude of either. Whaddya think?

Boxcar
So he got what he deserved, eh Willie?
You're pathetic.....
Old 06-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #29
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:

Boxcar sees an image of the kid flipping the bird, so therefore he's a thug and a gangsta........figures.
yeah, he's a real piece of work. It's amazing the lengths he has gone to, to try and paint Martin in a certain light....all because of the color of his skin.

Makes sense why the middle finger seems to bother him. I imagine people have been flipping him the bird for a long time.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #30
boxcar

Quote:
So he got what he deserved, eh Willie?
You're pathetic.....
If he sported that kind of 'tude when he confronted Zimm, then I'd say he reaped what he sowed. As FastandFurious asked (but of the wrong person), "Why on earth does one want to confront when it's not necessary?" Couldn't have asked it better.

Boxcar
P.S. Maybe having twice the 'tude doesn't always equate to having twice the fun, eh Horsey?