Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-29-2018, 04:37 PM   #1
FastCharlie

Pick 6 Jackpot

Was at the track with a some seasoned players I have known over 30 years and a question came up about announcing that there was only one single live ticket and giving the horse number. I had never really thought about this and just wonder if anyone has an opinion on this?
FastCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2018, 05:09 PM   #2
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCharlie View Post
Was at the track with a some seasoned players I have known over 30 years and a question came up about announcing that there was only one single live ticket and giving the horse number. I had never really thought about this and just wonder if anyone has an opinion on this?
Why would it matter? What conspiracy theory was being bandied about?
AndyC is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2018, 05:10 PM   #3
Fox

I don't see the problem. The will pays going into the last leg of all multi race bets are always made available after the 2nd to last leg is official. The fact that only one ticket is alive could be deduced just by looking at the will pays so I don't see the harm of announcing it.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2018, 07:30 PM   #4
RunForTheRoses

http://www.miamiherald.com/latest-ne...192139244.html

*Just posted for the conspiracy minded, I don't think the jockey would put himself in danger.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 02:10 PM   #5
PaceMasterT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
http://www.miamiherald.com/latest-ne...192139244.html

*Just posted for the conspiracy minded, I don't think the jockey would put himself in danger.
I doubt he wanted to fall off, but to me it sure looks like he sat back and tried to pull back on the reins but something didn't catch on the left side causing him to twist over to his right and off the horse. Consider me a conspiracy theorist on that one.
PaceMasterT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 02:24 PM   #6
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
I don't see the problem. The will pays going into the last leg of all multi race bets are always made available after the 2nd to last leg is official. The fact that only one ticket is alive could be deduced just by looking at the will pays so I don't see the harm of announcing it.
Exactly. And if "someone" really wanted the jockey to fall off, that jockey would be well aware no matter whether it's announced at the track or not.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 02:31 PM   #7
jay68802

If a jockey wanted to fall off a horse, why would he do it while in the lead with 10 other horses that could step on or kick him? Why not do it right out of the gate when you are not traveling as fast and you could fall with no other horses behind you.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 03:36 PM   #8
citygoat

Its time for Velcro saddles and Velcro pants
citygoat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 04:04 PM   #9
Ruffian1

The jock lost his left iron ( where his foot should have been if you don't know what I'm talking about) and and because of that, his balance when the horse veered left. He had nothing to hold on to and his momentum carried him to the right until he was off.
He could have been killed or paralyzed and someone thinks he did it on purpose to save a pool ???

Seriously?

C'mon Man.
Ruffian1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 11:17 PM   #10
PaceMasterT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian1 View Post
The jock lost his left iron ( where his foot should have been if you don't know what I'm talking about) and and because of that, his balance when the horse veered left. He had nothing to hold on to and his momentum carried him to the right until he was off.
He could have been killed or paralyzed and someone thinks he did it on purpose to save a pool ???

Seriously?

C'mon Man.
I was being a little bit facetious because it looked like the jockey switched positions backwards and tugged at the left rein after he looked under his shoulder at the competition. In reality, it looks like something spooked the horse and he jumped to his left and looked right. I wonder if that guy with the sonic noise gun disguised as binoculars is back at it.
PaceMasterT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2018, 07:23 PM   #11
Ruffian1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceMasterT View Post
I was being a little bit facetious because it looked like the jockey switched positions backwards and tugged at the left rein after he looked under his shoulder at the competition. In reality, it looks like something spooked the horse and he jumped to his left and looked right. I wonder if that guy with the sonic noise gun disguised as binoculars is back at it.
He looked right because the rider pulled on the right rein and the bit in the horse's mouth steers the horse or at least it's head.

I overreacted so I am sorry for that.

The game itself, with all its moving parts and players, breeds cynicism and customers can get frustrated at riders as well as others. I am no exception but they are all sons and daughters and many are husbands and wives. Having had close relationships with many over the years and seeing plenty go down and several that never made it back to their old selves or at all, my sentimentality showed through. Next time I will do better.
Ruffian1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply