Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 10-15-2018, 08:19 PM   #286
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
I completely agree.

-jp

Old 10-15-2018, 08:50 PM   #287
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
cj, your daughter, your family and you deserve nothing but GOOD NEWS from here on out...you all have been through way more than your fair share the past couple of years.

I think if there's anything we ALL can agree on here on this website (and we never all agree on anything), it's this.
Completely agree. Hopefully sending positive vibes your way CJ!

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2018, 08:57 PM   #288
098poi

CJ my deepest prayers for you and your family.
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2018, 05:51 PM   #289
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Thanks again all, I'll update as things move along.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2018, 11:22 AM   #290
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Hopefully, after the BC I can get back to this. There is not much I enjoy more than this kind of work.

I don't usually discuss personal stuff online. My youngest daughter was diagnosed with lupus a little over two years ago. Things have not gone well for her. She has had liltle relief for over three years now. Diagnosis took a while and treatment has not been much help. Her kidneys are failing. She tried chemo once and it was working, but she was highly allergic and it was stopped and other things tried. None have worked. She is about to start chemo again, this time an oral version. It should do the trick but there are some very real side effects.

I don't post this lightly. I've been pretty heart broken for a while. She is my baby and it kills me to see her suffering. I'd do anything to be able to trade places with her. Please keep her in your thoughts and know that if I'm not posting much or seem grumpy or terse, there could be reasons. The same goes for anyone here. We don't really know what people are dealing with away from the keyboard.

I'll get back to this stuff as time permits. Doing so means things are going well. I want that more than anything in the world.

She is, still, in my prayers. I don't forget her, or leave her out. The statement that you've written: We don't really know what people are dealing with away from the keyboard is the most true one you could've ever written. There is no fear or anguish on earth like that of a parent who is bearing these feelings for their child. NONE.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2018, 11:29 PM   #291
ElKabong

Embarrass to say I just now saw this. CJ, you and your family are in my prayers.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2018, 06:29 AM   #292
BONTABAM

yea

Personally, I think the ideal pace pattern for a front runner depends somewhat on the distance and surface. At 6F on dirt it will be different than at 10F on dirt or on turf.

At 6F on dirt I would WAY rather see my speed horse run:

slow 2f, fast 2f, finish

than

fast 2f, slow 2f, finish

I am talking here about relative to average and not necessarily the actual times because most dirt races decelerate.
BONTABAM is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2018, 09:19 AM   #293
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONTABAM View Post
Personally, I think the ideal pace pattern for a front runner depends somewhat on the distance and surface. At 6F on dirt it will be different than at 10F on dirt or on turf.

At 6F on dirt I would WAY rather see my speed horse run:

slow 2f, fast 2f, finish

than

fast 2f, slow 2f, finish

I am talking here about relative to average and not necessarily the actual times because most dirt races decelerate.
Interesting, your 2nd case shows an example of the the inefficient pace pattern I first noticed in a race, which got this thread started. It is a huge energy drain on a horse to accelerate, decelerate and then try to accelerate again. CJ called this "the valley" and is doing a study on this effect.

I have also come to learn that in 6F sprint races it is an advantage to depart from the effectiveness of even pace running we see in routes. My guess is that the momentum gained in the early pace, especially the 2nd quarter, compensates to a degree for the fatigue in the final quarter caused by the uneven fast early pace.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2018, 11:54 PM   #294
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Keep my daughter in your thoughts. She has been hospitalized after becoming ill while undergoing chemotherapy. She has a very low white blood cell count and has to be monitored until the doctors can get it back up to a safe level. Hoping it will only be a few days and she is in good spirits as always.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2018, 12:09 AM   #295
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

So sorry to hear, she's in our thoughts and prayers.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2018, 12:29 AM   #296
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Keep my daughter in your thoughts. She has been hospitalized after becoming ill while undergoing chemotherapy. She has a very low white blood cell count and has to be monitored until the doctors can get it back up to a safe level. Hoping it will only be a few days and she is in good spirits as always.
My heart is breaking for you.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2018, 12:43 AM   #297
trifecta

Hoping for the best, CJ.
trifecta is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2018, 06:55 AM   #298
pandy

I just found out out CJ's daughter. I can't imagine how difficult that is. She sounds like a brave soul. She is in our prayers.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2018, 07:46 AM   #299
Zman179
Registered Wacko

I just clicked on this thread for the first time. Very sorry about what your family is going through, CJ. I’m sincerely hoping that all goes well for your daughter. Sending prayers.
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2018, 07:47 AM   #300
FakeNameChanged

I will keep her in my thoughts. Nothing harder to deal with as a parent, than a sick child. It makes the everyday stuff going on in the rest of our lives just so much noise.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: