Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-06-2022, 10:55 PM   #181
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
This is unmitigated BS and I look forward to Baffert's attorneys losing this argument in court.

California has no power to restrict a Kentucky state agency from recording calls with its licensee. California does not assert this power, and if tried to, it would violate Kentucky's state sovereignty.

Baffert's lawyers are just trying to put out garbage for his fanboys to repeat.
I think its more interesting that they did not release it till way late in the game.

They must not have thought the conversation helped them.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2022, 10:04 AM   #182
classhandicapper

I haven’t been tracking all of them, but it seems like the Baffert horses are running well in new hands. A former Baffert horse had an impressive debut yesterday at SA and put up a 95 Beyer. The horse that finished 2nd was also debuting and put up a 93. That one may also have been a Baffert horse, but I didn’t it documented anywhere. They were 9 lengths ahead of the rest of the field.
Old 05-01-2022, 06:50 PM   #183
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I haven’t been tracking all of them, but it seems like the Baffert horses are running well in new hands. A former Baffert horse had an impressive debut yesterday at SA and put up a 95 Beyer. The horse that finished 2nd was also debuting and put up a 93. That one may also have been a Baffert horse, but I didn’t it documented anywhere. They were 9 lengths ahead of the rest of the field.
i am sure baffert provided a "care" plan to the trainers.

Maybe the trainers are just so good there is no drop off from Baffert to others, their ability above his compensates for the lack of being doped? Hey its possible.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:56 AM   #184
HorsemenHeist

Indeed, Baffert has a care plan. When was the last time Tim Yakteen put 6 furlong works into his horses? Did he ever do it before he got all of Baffert's million dollar horses?
HorsemenHeist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2022, 10:40 AM   #185
classhandicapper

Here's the problem.

People speculated that Baffert was juicing with illegal PEDs.

Baffert got busted for multiple therapeutic overages, his barn came under extreme scrutiny, but his horses kept running great and winning at an astounding rate.

So people speculated he must still be doping them with something they can't catch him administering and that can't be detected.

Now he's moving horses to other barns and they are still making impressive debuts and running a hole through the wind.

So they are forced to speculate that these other trainers must also be using the PEDs.

At what point does this become a conspiracy theory without any real evidence?

Also, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a meeting with the new trainer and explaining all the health issues, training issues, what the training plan was etc... If he didn't do that it would be negligent.

People will say I am defending him, but I'm not. I think his current suspension is appropriate given the facts. What I am saying is not only is there still no evidence he's doing anything beyond irresponsible use of therapeutics, the evidence is mounting he's NOT using anything beyond therapeutics.
Old 05-02-2022, 12:24 PM   #186
HorsemenHeist

Quote:
Here's the problem.

Baffert got busted for multiple therapeutic overages, his barn came under extreme scrutiny, but his horses kept running great and winning at an astounding rate.

So people speculated he must still be doping them with something they can't catch him administering and that can't be detected.

Now he's moving horses to other barns and they are still making impressive debuts and running a hole through the wind.

So they are forced to speculate that these other trainers must also be using the PEDs.

Also, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a meeting with the new trainer and explaining all the health issues, training issues, what the training plan was etc... If he didn't do that it would be negligent.

People will say I am defending him, but I'm not. I think his current suspension is appropriate given the facts. What I am saying is not only is there still no evidence he's doing anything beyond irresponsible use of therapeutics, the evidence is mounting he's NOT using anything beyond therapeutics.
There's no doubt that Baffert gets the vast majority of the high dollar purchases in Southern California, so it's not like Yakteen/McCarthy's win percentage will decline significantly. Factor in the small fields and the racing office catering races for the Yakteen/McCarthy horses, and I don't expect the win percentage to go down much at all. The out of state races are the real litmus test, and we will find out a lot this week about those horses.
Old 05-02-2022, 12:28 PM   #187
HorsemenHeist

If the CHRB had done their job policing Baffert, there would be much more good will toward him.

He could (maybe should) have been thrown out of racing for all those sudden deaths at Hollywood Park, administering Thyro-L outside its intended use is something that should have been cracked down on bigly.

And Baffert was given special treatment by the CHRB on the Justify matter. For me, that sorry episode where the horse was not DQ'd was the point of no return on California for me (and Newsom too as he cleaned up the CHRB largely due to the corruption in this case)
Old 05-02-2022, 09:06 PM   #188
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsemenHeist View Post
Indeed, Baffert has a care plan. When was the last time Tim Yakteen put 6 furlong works into his horses? Did he ever do it before he got all of Baffert's million dollar horses?
well he has put one into Taiba in 5 weeks so there ya go
Old 05-02-2022, 09:08 PM   #189
GMB@BP

Quote:
Here's the problem.

are maybe baffert is just doing what everyone else does, just with the best stock the sport has to offer? That is very likely not hay oats and water, just nothing that isnt keeping up with the rest of the pack.
Old 05-02-2022, 11:06 PM   #190
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
are maybe baffert is just doing what everyone else does, just with the best stock the sport has to offer? That is very likely not hay oats and water, just nothing that isnt keeping up with the rest of the pack.
The difference is he keeps messing up and getting positives.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2022, 12:18 PM   #191
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
The difference is he keeps messing up and getting positives.
agree with that
Old 05-07-2022, 03:52 PM   #192
Thomas Roulston

You know what I would like to see Baffert do?

Found his own breeding farm - with emphasis on importing horses loaded with Solid and/or Professional chef-de-race influences.

If he were to do that, he will be remembered for "MRGA" - Making Racing Great Again - by undoing the inestimable damage that was made when Nasrullah was imported from Ireland 70 years ago.
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply