Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #361
SuitedAces
ClassPars

Eraser in Excel 2010

Where is the eraser in Excel 2010? Otherwise, enjoying this tutorial...Also, where do I see Prime Power in the PP's?

David
SuitedAces is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #362
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedAces
Where is the eraser in Excel 2010? Otherwise, enjoying this tutorial...Also, where do I see Prime Power in the PP's?

David
david,

Here are 2 screenshots, the first showing how to access the Erase Border tool in Excel 2010. The second one shows where the Brisnet Prime Power Rating is located in the "Past Performances" view on the "AllData" worksheet.

Attached Images
File Type: png Erase Border.png (57.0 KB, 81 views)
File Type: png Prime Power Rating.png (36.7 KB, 116 views)

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2013, 02:49 AM   #363
SuitedAces
ClassPars

Screen Shot #321

What is the formatting you're referring to? Also, what did you do to make room for 20 horses?

david
SuitedAces is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #364
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedAces
What is the formatting you're referring to? Also, what did you do to make room for 20 horses?

david
David,

The "formatting" includes the centering of the data in the cell, the borders grouping and separating the different types of data, raw or calculated, the number of decimal places for the data, etc., etc., that we learned in the first part of the tutorial.

I made room for 20 horses by copying the formulas in row 2 downward to row 21, which is 20 rows. I do that because if I only had formulas for, say, 10 horses, and a race actually had 12 horses entered, I would only see 10 or those 12 horses. Some races, like the Derby, can have as many as 20 horses entered. Overseas, even 20 horses can be a relatively short field.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #365
u2popmart

alldata

just found this spreadsheet.
it is amazing . i spent all night reading about its history in development.
i try it out today. i hit an exacta. i still need to learn the ins and outs. the adjustments that change the proposed favorites in the box.
if i have questions where should i post them .
thanks.
u2popmart is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2013, 11:29 PM   #366
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmart
just found this spreadsheet.
it is amazing . i spent all night reading about its history in development.
i try it out today. i hit an exacta. i still need to learn the ins and outs. the adjustments that change the proposed favorites in the box.
if i have questions where should i post them .
thanks.
You can post your questions right here, or you can PM me. I assume you're talking about the "AllData J1" workbook?

Old 01-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #367
u2popmart

yes.
thanks
u2popmart is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #368
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

I haven't had much time lately to continue the Excel tutorial, nor have I had the time to figure out what topic should be addressed next. Maybe some of you would like to suggest something you would like to see explained/demonstrated? Heck, maybe nobody cares? If , instead, you're totally confused by all this, let us know where the confusion exists and I'll try to "un-confuse" you.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #369
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

By the way, I hope you have checked out the bet sizing app, Excel workbook, that I posted in this "Software" section of the forum. It's a pretty nifty method for accelerating your earnings, if you have a long term positive edge/ROI. It also offers pretty good protection for your previously earned profits and, of course, your starting bankroll.

The standard "percentage of bankroll" bet sizing method is used by many very good players, and it works better than flat betting, or trying to determine your true edge in a race and sizing your bet according to that perceived edge (Kelly/fractional Kelly), betting more on races where you think you have a higher edge, and less in those races where your perceived edge is less. However, the percentage of bankroll method has a big flaw in it. When you lose, your bet size decreases, and when you win your bet size increases. Sounds good doesn't it? What happens, though, when after a win, you lose the next bet? You have just bet more money on the losing horse than you did on the winning one, not good! And vice versa, if you just lost a bet and your bet size is decreased, and your next bet is a winner, you have just bet less on the winning horse than you did on the losing one, again, not good. So, a more efficient bet sizing method is to not automatically increase or decrease your bet size after each win or loss. When do we know if we are going to win a race, or lose a race? We don't, yes, we may think we do, but in fact we don't, anything can happen in the running of a race.

So, how do we determine when to increase our bet size and when to decrease our bet size, or should we ever decrease our bets? How about we increase our bets after we have made a certain, predetermined percentage of profit? What if we say, "I want to increase my bet size every time I have made a 25% profit since my last bet increase"? Why not? We have already made some profit, and therefore we now have an added cushion, against ruin caused by a losing streak while making larger wagers, the profit we just made. And, what about decreasing our bet sizes after losing that last profit amount we made? Well, there has been quite a bit of discussion in that "Bet Sizing App" about whether or not we should "ever" decrease our bets. The answer, of course, is dependent upon your "true" edge, do you really have an edge, long term, or not? If you really do have a long term edge/positive ROI, then your answer is, "never decrease your bet amount", stay with the same bet size until you have reached the next percentage of profit level, then increase it.

If you aren't sure you have a "true" edge, or you absolutely do not have a "true" edge, then you can do whatever you want, because eventually you will lose all your bankroll anyway. You don't need to worry about how much to bet, only how big is your bankroll and how fast do you want to lose it. Ugly, I know, but that's the cruel truth, if you don't have a true edge you will lose, it's just a matter of how much you can afford to lose, and how fast you're willing to lose it.

So, if you absolutely have a long term edge, you should make sure you are getting the maximum profit that you can. The bet sizing app I posted will help you do that. It's based on both percentage of bankroll, and also on percentage of profit, increasing your bet size according to the increase in bankroll, and also a percentage of the profit you have made.

Check it out, it's free, what do you have to lose? Just the time you spend testing it against your performances. Try it "on paper" and see how you do, profit-wise, versus your current bet sizing method.

Last edited by raybo; 02-12-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #370
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

AllDataExcel YouTube channel

I have recently created a YouTube channel for the AllData Project and have uploaded some instructional videos for the RS program. Here is the link to that YouTube channel, click the "Videos" tab to watch those videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/AllDataExcel/about

Ray

Old 09-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #371
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Today at Belmont with the RS program, Race 8 - Noble Damsel G1.

Attached Images
File Type: png Bel 9-14-2013 Noble Damsel G1.png (47.4 KB, 589 views)

Old 09-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #372
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Here's a shot of the "All Record" report for the Belmont Fall meet, so far, from 9-07-2013 thru 9-13-2013. Several methods are doing well early in this meet. Of course this report does not include the big hit in the 8th race today (9-14-2013) by several of the methods.

It's time to start betting real money, it appears, as things have been fairly consistent for the last couple of days now.

My initial database was 9-8-2012 thru 10-14-2012, and I started recording on 9-7-2013.

Attached Images
File Type: png Bel Fall Meet thru 9-13-2013 - All Record.png (20.8 KB, 603 views)

Old 11-01-2016, 07:55 PM   #373
UltimateBetter

info

anynews on raybo
UltimateBetter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2016, 11:54 PM   #374
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Not that I know of as of late anyway.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2016, 01:35 PM   #375
Parson

Raybo

I have not talked to him in several weeks, but I have exchanged emails with him. He is on the last round of treatments now. I know based on the email exchange, those treatments have been kicking his butt.
Parson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply