Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 05-30-2008, 10:23 AM   #1
Dboomster

Meadowlands Charts

If anyone is interested in receiving Meadowlands or Yonkers charts from Harness Eye via e-mail, feel free to contact me at dgiwner@sports-eyeny.com.

And of course, if you have any comments or questions about Harness Eye, please feel free to send them along.

Thanks,
Derick
Dboomster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2008, 11:31 AM   #2
wilderness

Derrick,
In what file format are the charts?
PDF, html, Word, etc.,?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:34 AM   #3
Dboomster

Don -

PDF Format - Letter size.

DG
Old 05-30-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
wilderness

Many thanks.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:37 PM   #5
spicytomato

Talking

great offer thanks bunches

spicytomato is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2008, 11:00 PM   #6
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Are these special charts or just your normal PP program charts?

I don't mean to sound stupid by asking this, really, I don't.

Just is this a service that has certain numbers others don't or if it just a DRF type of chart?

thanks
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2008, 11:36 PM   #7
Dboomster

These are the charts that would normally appear in Harness Eye, reformatted to PDF letter size.
The charts are being made available via e-mail because many people are located out of the distribution range of Harness Eye.
They contain the normal information that appears on the USTA site, plus:
Individual fractional splits for every horse.
Race commentary for each horse.
Last race date, claiming prices for each horse, Lasix, Mutuels, complete race conditions, weather and wind information and owner information.

If you would like a sample, please e-mail me at dgiwner@sports-eyeny.com
Old 05-31-2008, 11:12 AM   #8
wilderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver
Are these special charts or just your normal PP program charts?

I don't mean to sound stupid by asking this, really, I don't.

Just is this a service that has certain numbers others don't or if it just a DRF type of chart?

thanks
I've not since a NEW Harness Eye (nor even an old Sports Eye) in many years.
They are only distributed in the east and cover multiple tracks (ideal for simulcasting).
The more extensive data presented in the past performance lines makes them quite useful, providing highlighted fastest quarters any horses individual quarter times in each race quite unique.

Whether Harness Eye/Sports Eye uses it's own race charters or simply analyzes the data from the USTA charts is not known to me.

Whether the charts contain all this detailed information, I do not recall. Have some old Sports Eye's from the 80's in storage.

Jay Bergman used to write for the Sports Eye and when the name changed (company purchased) was not kept on.

Harness Eye/Sports Eye has never had a website, although at one time they had a home page which failed to serve any purpose.

It's very kind of Derrick to offer these via automated email and the charts could prove quite useful for heavy analysis.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:53 AM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Any chance HE will ever get a webpage?
I would buy PPs if they did.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:04 PM   #10
wilderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Any chance HE will ever get a webpage?
I would buy PPs if they did.
Tom,
I don't believe that all the data in Harness Eye race lines would fit within a standard past performance line.

Even Trackmaster has limitations as to the quanity of data they are able to include due to page and field size limitations.

In any event, Derrick is more likely to provide a detailed answer on why Harnesss Eye remains a regional distribution product.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:13 PM   #11
Dboomster

Currently Harness Eye is distributed on the East Coast and in Las Vegas (special edition).

I would love to say that a website will be coming in the future, but I simply don't know if and when that will happen.

We are not able to provide past performances via the internet due to certain legal restrictions. That being said, we are able to offer our exclusive charts (yes we have someone at both The Meadowlands and Yonkers), handicapping articles and analysis, and perhaps even our speed ratings (just started in November). I would love to offer all of these features via a website at a special subscription rate.

I continue to push for a HE website and hopefully I will be able to inform you of one in the future.

DG
Old 05-31-2008, 04:47 PM   #12
wilderness

Quote:
We are not able to provide past performances via the internet due to certain legal restrictions.
Derrick,
I'm assuming that these restrictions are a result of the USTA contract with Trackmaster?

Perhaps Harness Eye should explore the Canadian market of which SC has a different contract with Trackmaster than the USTA?

Canadian tracks are even allowed to provide FREE PP's (unheard of in the US; with the exception a few tracks in a certian state that have longstanding legal issues with the USTA going back to the 1930's).
Old 06-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #13
Dboomster

Don - What you say is true. I believe the folks in charge at Harness Eye are well aware of their options. Perhaps one day everyone will come together to give players the best Harness experience possible.

NOTE:
I just wanted to clear something up about the charts. Some have mistakenly thought that the Meadowlands and Yonkers charts which I listed as available were free.
Unfortunately, due to the high cost of producing this material, Harness Eye cannot offer the charts for free. I think you will find that at less than .35 cents per set, they are well worth it.

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions about the charts or anything else.

Thanks,
DG
Old 06-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #14
wilderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboomster
Don - What you say is true. I believe the folks in charge at Harness Eye are well aware of their options. Perhaps one day everyone will come together to give players the best Harness experience possible.

Thanks,
DG
Derrick,
There are two issues which interfere with free use and availability of data in harness racing (not unlike most other horse related materials):

1) Propietary rights to the parties (later transfered to the USTA) who purchased the rights from the A. T. R., whom purchased from John Wallace.
Today's internet makes propietary rights (by definition; i. e., UAG) even more crucial due to the simple ability to save active web pages or simply copy and paste materials.
2) Harness racing today (at least in most venues) exists primarily due to subsidation. Harness racing's market share is rapidly declining (Harness Eye today is not what it was in 1984) and any possibility of another organization charting their own results would be too expensive and void of any possibility to recover the costs, as a result, most everybody is focused on a fruitful sharing of anothers propietary rights

There've been some KEY instances on these clarifications.

One of which was a Canadian website that had been daily downloading results from the Standardbred Candada website since 1996. The downloader converted the results into a database, which allowed unique queries that simply were not availbale via SC (pre-TrackIT days.) For a time SC initiated a cease and detest, then, due to numerous requests from the membership of SC the cease and detest was withdrawn. Later however litigation was presented which was beyond the legal possibilities of the person to oppose.
The other was a pedigree org that was a paying user of SC's TrackIT, however later his account access was denied because he was utilizing the data beyond SC's UAG (i. e., personal use) for the accessed data.

What Standardbred Canada and the United States Trotting Assoication are doing by protecting their fee based data is no different than the fees that Harness Eye imposed for results charts.
Simply recovering and protecting costs.

Each of us may copy any data from any source for our "personal use".
Passing on the data to another, regardless of FREE or FEE is where the propeitary rights are imposed.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #15
Dboomster

Don - You seem to have a strong grasp of the situation. I wish things were easier, but we all know things are never easy.

FYI - I sent out a free copy of the Meadowlands Charts for this past week to everyone that e-mailed me.
If anyone else would like a sample, please feel free to send me an e-mail at dgiwner@sports-eyeny.com

I'm always open for comments or suggestions on the "Eye". Drop me an e-mail anytime.

Thanks,
Derick