Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-24-2023, 11:03 PM   #76
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Sad commentary on which way our society is headed
Isn't that what old people say about the next generation...every generation?

Yes.

But this time, it's different....lol
Old 03-24-2023, 11:03 PM   #77
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Sad commentary on which way our society is headed

After they were done with the days work they were on the couch playing some shooting game. I asked if they wanted to shoot some real guns. I live on 10 wooden acres and you can legally shoot off your back porch.
Nether was interested, kids these days. I was always begging my dad to take me shooting.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2023, 11:20 PM   #78
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

Yes.

That has probably been true from the industrial revolution on.

Due to technological advances you have been able to get more done in less time. Centuries ago a commoner who was lazy would starve to death or die of exposure. The last 50 years technological advances have increased productivity in manufacturing a huge amount.

In the last 35 years technological advances has allowed the shiftless more ways to waste time and accomplish nothing.

There are people on a forum I don't go to anymore and most of the active mods are doing it from work, so are a lot of people that are active posters.
You also have people that can't seem to stop checking their phones.
Old 03-25-2023, 12:07 AM   #79
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
That has probably been true from the industrial revolution on.

Due to technological advances you have been able to get more done in less time. Centuries ago a commoner who was lazy would starve to death or die of exposure. The last 50 years technological advances have increased productivity in manufacturing a huge amount.

In the last 35 years technological advances has allowed the shiftless more ways to waste time and accomplish nothing.

There are people on a forum I don't go to anymore and most of the active mods are doing it from work, so are a lot of people that are active posters.
You also have people that can't seem to stop checking their phones.
People are strange, the need to have cable TV and pay more than $200 and also have to have a $900 cell phone that they also pay over $200 a month, then complain they have no money.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2023, 12:17 AM   #80
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
With Democrats you are given extra points for being black, female, and gay.
You are also held to lower standards. Look how they raved over Obama, on some polls of supposed presidential scholars at liberal institutions he was ranked higher than JFK on lists of Democrat presidents.
I am not arguing about the quality or proclivities of democrat voters. Just what would get them to the polls. Democrats of color are the American underclass. You need to give them a reason to make an effort to vote. Obama didn’t win two terms because of his policies. He won because of skin color.
Old 03-25-2023, 12:41 AM   #81
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
People are strange, the need to have cable TV and pay more than $200 and also have to have a $900 cell phone that they also pay over $200 a month, then complain they have no money.
I see this every day. We see mothers on welfare demanding to use EBT cards in our restaurant. Then finally coming up with the money via 3 credit cards(in one transaction)

These same people have the latest iPhone and nails you wouldn’t believe and wearing a $400 wig.

One great quote we heard “If they would only take my EBT CARD, I got four thousand dollars on that, this is discrimination”
Old 03-25-2023, 01:32 AM   #82
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I see this every day. We see mothers on welfare demanding to use EBT cards in our restaurant. Then finally coming up with the money via 3 credit cards(in one transaction)

These same people have the latest iPhone and nails you wouldn’t believe and wearing a $400 wig.

One great quote we heard “If they would only take my EBT CARD, I got four thousand dollars on that, this is discrimination”
How do mothers on welfare get credit cards?

It’s my understanding that income is severely limited and can result in benefits being revoked.
Old 03-25-2023, 01:33 AM   #83
Inner Dirt

Quote:

When I was in SoCal I voted at the local elementary school, they kept the school in session and I would get there with the free breakfast kids were eating, walking by the cafeteria where they were at. When I moved away most parents dropping off the kids for free breakfast had newer SUVs than my 7 year old one and the kids all had I-phones while I was still using a flip phone.

I definitely get peeved when I see people taking free stuff spending money on high end items and wasting money. I really like seeing EBT people paying as much or more in cash for cigarettes and alcohol, than their EBT food tab.

How about stop your bad habits and buy your own food?
Old 03-25-2023, 02:12 AM   #84
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
The same way sons of Democrat US presidents avoid jail for major crimes, and former Republican presidents face arrest for non-crimes.
Old 03-25-2023, 02:58 AM   #85
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post

It’s my understanding that income is severely limited and can result in benefits being revoked.
Nobody enforces those rules
Old 03-25-2023, 03:19 AM   #86
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Has any other president ever garnered more votes in his second run and still lose the election?
Yes! Grover Cleveland.
Old 03-25-2023, 07:55 AM   #87
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

Yes.

I agree, with maybe the exception of the hippie generation, every generation wanted to work and make money, have a family etc. Not anymore.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-16-2023, 01:44 PM   #88
Tor Ekman

I doubt the Uniparty powers that be will ever let this happen but...

Last edited by Tor Ekman; 09-16-2023 at 01:47 PM.
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-16-2023, 02:14 PM   #89
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I think we've all learned the lesson that polls are pretty meaningless.

Or at least we should have by now.

Now you have to start thinking...why would Reuters be releasing a poll that shows Trump winning in a landslide based on their "poll?"

Are they trying to wake up Democrats saying "hey look, this guy still has a shot?" so that they don't let up on the shenanigans they pulled in 2020? Maybe

Are they trying to wake up Democrats saying "Get Biden off the ticket ASAP?" most likely

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-16-2023 at 02:16 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-16-2023, 02:17 PM   #90
Inner Dirt

Quote:

You are off I-10 correct? Do you have any decent vegetarian food? I might be flying to SoCal and then driving back with my friend who wants to store and help with converting an ambulance to an RV. He is the vegetarian not me.
He can be a PITA to take road trips with, I will eat anything that doesn't eat me first. As long as you can put hot salsa on it and cheese, I will eat a tennis shoe. I figure this November, so a southern most route would make most sense. I once tried an I-70 crossing the country in November towing an overloaded utility trailer, oops!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: