Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-23-2023, 07:19 PM   #61
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Michele Obama? She hasn't even said she is running, the polls have here far back. I think she is a bigger racist than Barry, and seemed to party a lot with a huge an entourage on the taxpayer's dime. I would give her no chance, but I can't think like a Democrat.
IMO, if she were to run she would be a lock for the nomination. I also think there isn’t a Republican who could beat her. They just don’t have the numbers.

She won’t run though. Why would she? I don’t see the Obamas as party loyalists.
Old 03-23-2023, 08:17 PM   #62
newtothegame

Ive tried to stay away from the political shit....As it truly makes my blood boil to see how far this country has fallen.
However, I agree with Mike on this one.
Let me also preface this post with I would vote for Trump, without a doubt, against any Democrat!
But, with that being said, Trump has NO shot in my mind.
Look at the numbers realistically.
Trump received FIVE million more votes then Obama's PREVIOUS RECORD! Most would think that would be incredible.....YET, HE STILL GOT ANNIHILATED in the electoral college 306-232.
From a percentage perspective, this was the highest turnout in more than a hundred years.
On top of that, Georgia and Arizona had not gone Democrat in more than 25 years, prior to this election. One could go on and on about the "unusual" aspect of this election. However, that only leads one to make claims of "fraud" etc etc.

Next, one has to take seriously the baggage that trump brings. Our society apparently is more concerned about a man saying "grab a pu**y" versus their own pay and taxes. For the life of me, it seems I saw more of the first on major news outlets vs the second topic. Which leads me to say this......
Trump AND the republicans can NOT beat the media!

This is a TRUE story..... Most of you know I am an Operations Manager at a major retailer. I was speaking with a young lady (employee) and the topic of pay and taxes came up. Although I knew the answer, I inquired about her tax ramifications. I inquired about where her tax dollars were being spent. I was absolutely astonished that she did not even understand how her taxes was spent. She went so far to exclaim "they really have me pay for the roads"???? She had no clue what many of her taxes (such as FICA) were.
But here's the kicker......she KNEW with certainty that Trump "hates" women! With that, I just walked away understanding even more how Trump had lost the election. She, like many other youth in this country, are being groomed for years to come to vote a certain way. Don't believe me?? Look at the hiring pools!! I interview America's youth weekly, and although they wouldn't of survived 30,40,50 years ago, they ARE the future NOW! Businesses all across this country have little to no choice in listening and giving into a lot of their demands. Need proof? Look at GOOGLE! Look at their workplace culture and environment. For the love of GOD they have NAP pods!! Yes...you can take a nap!!! They give the youth of today a work environment that our fathers and grandfathers would of seriously frowned upon! All great right!!
Well not so fast....incredibly, they also have a HIGH turnover rate!! Last I read, the average employee only last a little over a year!
Weirdest shit I have ever seen. Over 90% of their employees say they are happy, yet, they cant keep people past a year and a half????
Point I am making is todays youth is very finicky! They are all about the NOW and could care less about ten years from now. A majority of them couldn't tell you about interest rates and the economy. HELL, most of them can't even sign their names!!!!
But I digress.....Most Media, in all forms, have ensured that THEY control the minds of the future generations. The democrats understand and run the play book to perfection when it comes to this.
Republicans, TRUMP INCLUDED, need to understand that "white, middle class, farmland America", can no longer win them elections!
If that means collapsing the economy, making eggs cost 9 dollars a dozen, having healthcare unaffordable for most, and barely being able to live paycheck to paycheck......democrats don't care....THEY ARE STILL IN OFFICE!!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2023, 09:26 PM   #63
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
THEY ARE STILL IN OFFICE!!

This in and of itself defies any logic as I understand it.

Who in their right mind likes the way things are? How is it even possible?
Old 03-23-2023, 10:03 PM   #64
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
This in and of itself defies any logic as I understand it.

Who in their right mind likes the way things are? How is it even possible?
Because its about perspective!!! Tell me how a twenty something year old knows anything different then what they are CURRENTLY experiencing?
you and I know how things WERE and COULD be.
Most of the younger generation that I see , still live at home and have no real responsibilities. So when they do have to buy gas or eggs, they have no idea that just a few short years ago it was 60% plus cheaper! They weren't buying it a few years ago!! They have no "experience" to relate to except the here and now! And, they are very entrenched in MEDIA! If it happens on Tik Tok, then it must be true!!!! You get the idea.....
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
Old 03-23-2023, 10:30 PM   #65
fast4522

Quote:
Ive tried to stay away from the political shit....As it truly makes my blood boil to see how far this country has fallen.
However, I agree with Mike on this one.
Let me also preface this post with I would vote for Trump, without a doubt, against any Democrat!
But, with that being said, Trump has NO shot in my mind.
Look at the numbers realistically.
Trump received FIVE million more votes then Obama's PREVIOUS RECORD! Most would think that would be incredible.....YET, HE STILL GOT ANNIHILATED in the electoral college 306-232.
From a percentage perspective, this was the highest turnout in more than a hundred years.
On top of that, Georgia and Arizona had not gone Democrat in more than 25 years, prior to this election. One could go on and on about the "unusual" aspect of this election. However, that only leads one to make claims of "fraud" etc etc.

Next, one has to take seriously the baggage that trump brings. Our society apparently is more concerned about a man saying "grab a pu**y" versus their own pay and taxes. For the life of me, it seems I saw more of the first on major news outlets vs the second topic. Which leads me to say this......
Trump AND the republicans can NOT beat the media!

This is a TRUE story..... Most of you know I am an Operations Manager at a major retailer. I was speaking with a young lady (employee) and the topic of pay and taxes came up. Although I knew the answer, I inquired about her tax ramifications. I inquired about where her tax dollars were being spent. I was absolutely astonished that she did not even understand how her taxes was spent. She went so far to exclaim "they really have me pay for the roads"???? She had no clue what many of her taxes (such as FICA) were.
But here's the kicker......she KNEW with certainty that Trump "hates" women! With that, I just walked away understanding even more how Trump had lost the election. She, like many other youth in this country, are being groomed for years to come to vote a certain way. Don't believe me?? Look at the hiring pools!! I interview America's youth weekly, and although they wouldn't of survived 30,40,50 years ago, they ARE the future NOW! Businesses all across this country have little to no choice in listening and giving into a lot of their demands. Need proof? Look at GOOGLE! Look at their workplace culture and environment. For the love of GOD they have NAP pods!! Yes...you can take a nap!!! They give the youth of today a work environment that our fathers and grandfathers would of seriously frowned upon! All great right!!
Well not so fast....incredibly, they also have a HIGH turnover rate!! Last I read, the average employee only last a little over a year!
Weirdest shit I have ever seen. Over 90% of their employees say they are happy, yet, they cant keep people past a year and a half????
Point I am making is todays youth is very finicky! They are all about the NOW and could care less about ten years from now. A majority of them couldn't tell you about interest rates and the economy. HELL, most of them can't even sign their names!!!!
But I digress.....Most Media, in all forms, have ensured that THEY control the minds of the future generations. The democrats understand and run the play book to perfection when it comes to this.
Republicans, TRUMP INCLUDED, need to understand that "white, middle class, farmland America", can no longer win them elections!
If that means collapsing the economy, making eggs cost 9 dollars a dozen, having healthcare unaffordable for most, and barely being able to live paycheck to paycheck......democrats don't care....THEY ARE STILL IN OFFICE!!

Paul, I thank you for your perspective and your upcoming general election vote. For me the stage has been set and we need to watch the process as it moves ahead in its time frame. Few understand that unless you are an actual participant that we should thank for taking part in it, that is what we have.

"that is what we have." I am suggesting that we will or should have a known quality by measure of our system like it or not. I have railed against our media suggesting it is owned and operated by people not inside our country, every network controlled by one group of dirt bags. Even this is not favored language here, like I was saying something off. I am not alone in thinking this and will not favor an unknown quality in the primary period.

Last edited by fast4522; 03-23-2023 at 10:32 PM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2023, 11:45 AM   #66
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Because its about perspective!!! Tell me how a twenty something year old knows anything different then what they are CURRENTLY experiencing?
you and I know how things WERE and COULD be.
Most of the younger generation that I see , still live at home and have no real responsibilities. So when they do have to buy gas or eggs, they have no idea that just a few short years ago it was 60% plus cheaper! They weren't buying it a few years ago!! They have no "experience" to relate to except the here and now! And, they are very entrenched in MEDIA! If it happens on Tik Tok, then it must be true!!!! You get the idea.....

I had a couple 22 year olds, my girlfriend's son and his friend come and stay a couple weeks to work for me when I had a backlog so I could run my machine shop 24-7. I figured I would drop them off at the grocery store and come back after 30-45 minutes while I ran other errands. I went inside with them, gave them $200 and said get whatever they want but no more than $20 goes to beer. I got the deer in the headlights look, they said they did not know how to grocery shop. This is a true story. They both lived at home and did not contribute a dime or lift a finger.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2023, 12:01 PM   #67
Inner Dirt

Quote:

Look at the hiring pools!! I interview America's youth weekly, and although they wouldn't of survived 30,40,50 years ago, they ARE the future NOW! Businesses all across this country have little to no choice in listening and giving into a lot of their demands.

It was 30 years ago that I last had to deal with a mass of youthful entry level employees, I thought it was bad then. Combine that with the overly PC world of today, I probably could not last a week doing your job. As for politics
a candidate has to be able to attract the person like your young lady employee. It has been my experience that women are less likely to look past personality flaws to focus solely on results. It is my opinion that a person should need to pass a basic test to be allowed to vote. At least a basic understanding of how our economy works. I cringe every time a Democrat is applauded for mentioning raising taxes on businesses. Who do the people applauding think is going to pay for that?
Old 03-24-2023, 04:29 PM   #68
xtb

Bill O'Reilly had dinner with Trump recently. He told Trump that if he chooses Kari Lake for his running mate, he has no chance. He then told him choosing DeSantis is his only chance to get back in the White House. O'Reilly said Trump did not push back.

I thought it was interesting.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2023, 06:54 PM   #69
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
IMO, if she were to run she would be a lock for the nomination. I also think there isn’t a Republican who could beat her. They just don’t have the numbers.

She won’t run though. Why would she? I don’t see the Obamas as party loyalists.
The Dems would be smart to nominate RFK jr......Unifier, balanced and fully awake.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2023, 08:14 PM   #70
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Unifier, balanced and fully awake.
He is neither of these things. Besides, the Democrats don’t need a unifier. They just need to get out their vote. A well admired black woman would do the trick.
Old 03-24-2023, 08:25 PM   #71
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
He is neither of these things. Besides, the Democrats don’t need a unifier. They just need to get out their vote. A well admired black woman would do the trick.
Good thing qualifications arent a prerequisite! I mean after all, admired black woman should do the trick!
governed.
Old 03-24-2023, 08:48 PM   #72
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Good thing qualifications arent a prerequisite! I mean after all, admired black woman should do the trick!

With Democrats you are given extra points for being black, female, and gay.
You are also held to lower standards. Look how they raved over Obama, on some polls of supposed presidential scholars at liberal institutions he was ranked higher than JFK on lists of Democrat presidents.
Old 03-24-2023, 09:12 PM   #73
azeri98

Quote:
I had a couple 22 year olds, my girlfriend's son and his friend come and stay a couple weeks to work for me when I had a backlog so I could run my machine shop 24-7. I figured I would drop them off at the grocery store and come back after 30-45 minutes while I ran other errands. I went inside with them, gave them $200 and said get whatever they want but no more than $20 goes to beer. I got the deer in the headlights look, they said they did not know how to grocery shop. This is a true story. They both lived at home and did not contribute a dime or lift a finger.
Most young people eat take out more than they shop for groceries as well as cooking. Too much time spent on social media being distracted from what's going on in the real world. i think that's the intention of social media but that's an entirely different subject
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2023, 10:06 PM   #74
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Most young people eat take out more than they shop for groceries as well as cooking. Too much time spent on social media being distracted from what's going on in the real world. i think that's the intention of social media but that's an entirely different subject

I think mommy cooked for them and they made sandwiches. I actually had to show them how to use the oven to cook the mostly chicken wings and frozen pizzas they bought, and my oven is a basic old school no frills electric one. They did know how to open beer bottles and soda pop cans. Those guys are not really into social media, I would call them video game addicts. I still know one of them, I think he is now a 30 year old virgin. If he isn't sleeping or working he is playing video games and eating door dash food. I bet he spends a week, what I spend on food in a month plus.
Old 03-24-2023, 10:23 PM   #75
azeri98

Quote:
I think mommy cooked for them and they made sandwiches. I actually had to show them how to use the oven to cook the mostly chicken wings and frozen pizzas they bought, and my oven is a basic old school no frills electric one. They did know how to open beer bottles and soda pop cans. Those guys are not really into social media, I would call them video game addicts. I still know one of them, I think he is now a 30 year old virgin. If he isn't sleeping or working he is playing video games and eating door dash food. I bet he spends a week, what I spend on food in a month plus.
Sad commentary on which way our society is headed
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: