Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-23-2023, 04:02 PM   #46
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Polls don't really matter, do they?
No, especially this early.
Old 03-23-2023, 04:05 PM   #47
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Two entirely different things. Trump paid hush money. Clinton settled a lawsuit and did it publicly. Everyone knew Jones’ allegations before during and after the lawsuit.

As to where he got the money, $475,000 was paid by his insurance. The rest from a blind trust from Hillary.

Ah, consistency is so appreciated.

Thank you for being totally wtong again.

Last edited by Tom; 03-23-2023 at 04:06 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2023, 07:39 PM   #48
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I can think of two campaign promises Biden kept.

1. No more America first.

2. He will have the most diverse cabinet ever.

Neither of those good, what are the others?
Didn't he get an infrastructure bill passed? The rescue plan?
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2023, 08:15 PM   #49
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Didn't he get an infrastructure bill passed? The rescue plan?

That was a disaster, should have been called money for nothing. Part time and low hourly wage workers made more staying home than working. It fueled inflation and created labor shortages. It also paid out a lot of fraudulent claims made by businesses. I haven't looked into the infrastructure bill.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2023, 09:06 PM   #50
azeri98

Quote:
That was a disaster, should have been called money for nothing. Part time and low hourly wage workers made more staying home than working. It fueled inflation and created labor shortages. It also paid out a lot of fraudulent claims made by businesses. I haven't looked into the infrastructure bill.
I wouldn't call it a disaster. A lot of people who lost money due to COVID through no fault of their own needed it badly
Old 03-24-2023, 10:15 PM   #51
Inner Dirt

Quote:
I wouldn't call it a disaster. A lot of people who lost money due to COVID through no fault of their own needed it badly

I am a glass half empty guy. I think it was poorly administered, due to my tax filing status of a sole proprietor business owner, I did not get a red cent. One of my girlfriend's shiftless sons cleaned up on free money, probably made 10x what he was used to for a year plus. I know people who got stimulus checks that were unaffected by Covid that just saved the money, which stimulates nothing.

I believe Kyle Rittenhouse used his to buy the gun he used in self defense with a stimulus check. Maybe if he doesn't get a stimulus check that incident does not happen.

If I would have got stimulus checks I would have bought an 8" barrel S&W model 29 I lust after.
That is the Dirty Harry gun.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 03-24-2023 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-24-2023, 10:27 PM   #52
azeri98

Quote:
I am a glass half empty guy. I think it was poorly administered, due to my tax filing status of a sole proprietor business owner, I did not get a red cent. One of my girlfriend's shiftless sons cleaned up on free money, probably made 10x what he was used to for a year plus. I know people who got stimulus checks that were unaffected by Covid that just saved the money, which stimulates nothing.

I believe Kyle Rittenhouse used his to buy the gun he used in self defense with a stimulus check. Maybe if he doesn't get a stimulus check that incident does not happen.

If I would have got stimulus checks I would have bought an 8" barrel S&W model 29 I lust after.
That is the Dirty Harry gun.
You were to successful to qualify. I know some people who didn't qualify that got it up here. Now they have to pay it back. You only qualified for it here if you worked a year prior to COVID and earned more than 5k during that year.
Old 03-24-2023, 10:55 PM   #53
Inner Dirt

Quote:
You were to successful to qualify. I know some people who didn't qualify that got it up here. Now they have to pay it back. You only qualified for it here if you worked a year prior to COVID and earned more than 5k during that year.

The way I file taxes here I am not considered an employee, that is why I was ineligible for free money. Covid did effect my business as I had customers that were in the restaurant equipment business. I had one guy who assembled, sold and even installed self serve soda dispensers. Most places closed those down, he went out of business.
Old 03-25-2023, 07:51 AM   #54
azeri98

Quote:
The way I file taxes here I am not considered an employee, that is why I was ineligible for free money. Covid did effect my business as I had customers that were in the restaurant equipment business. I had one guy who assembled, sold and even installed self serve soda dispensers. Most places closed those down, he went out of business.
Didn't you qualify for small business relief. We had that up here
Old 03-25-2023, 12:47 PM   #55
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Didn't you qualify for small business relief. We had that up here

No, because I no longer have employees.
Old 03-25-2023, 02:42 PM   #56
chrisl

I know a guy who was laid off during Covid. The contractor he worked for laid off half of the employees. They did the leg work and found out the employer got 450k from the covid money. They think the company owes them money and are doing what they can to get some of it. I have no idea if they are entitled to any. They feel they do. Shall see.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2023, 03:08 PM   #57
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
I know a guy who was laid off during Covid. The contractor he worked for laid off half of the employees. They did the leg work and found out the employer got 450k from the covid money. They think the company owes them money and are doing what they can to get some of it. I have no idea if they are entitled to any. They feel they do. Shall see.

From what I understood as I did not dig that deeply as I knew I was not entitled to anything was the Covid relief money to businesses were only for keeping people employed, that you would have to normally let go because things are slow. The program was rife with cheaters and lot of money was paid out to businesses that did not exist. It sounded to me it could create situations where people would be paid for busy work or to stand on their head.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: