Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-10-2023, 08:16 AM   #46
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post
Oaklawn lets juicers run rampant there but silly masturbation tweets is where they draw the line.
literally the biggest Racing profit in Oaklawn right now is the drug dealers of the owners and trainers who sell the EPO.
Old 03-10-2023, 10:58 AM   #47
Cutter14

Vic

I hope Vic surfaces at another track real soon--I think he is one of the best race callers there is
Cutter14 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2023, 11:09 AM   #48
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I have a solution.

Let Will Smith call the races at OP and let Vic present the Oscasr for Best Actress.

Last edited by Tom; 03-10-2023 at 11:10 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2023, 11:18 AM   #49
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Disappointed to see Vic has separated from Oaklawn.
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2023, 11:41 AM   #50
wisconsin

He tweeted out that he and Oaklawn management disagree with the severity of said tweet.
Old 03-10-2023, 11:59 AM   #51
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
He tweeted out that he and Oaklawn management disagree with the severity of said tweet.
Oaklawn is full shit. Be consistent. If you have a zero tolerance policy it should apply to ANYONE on the grounds. Most importantly, juice trainers like Diodoro.
Old 03-10-2023, 12:04 PM   #52
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Oaklawn is full shit. Be consistent. If you have a zero tolerance policy it should apply to ANYONE on the grounds. Most importantly, juice trainers like Diodoro.
Yeah, because being an employee of Oaklawn is the same as not being an employee of Oaklawn.

Totally see how you can form these intelligent opinions...LMAO
Old 03-10-2023, 12:29 PM   #53
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Yeah, because being an employee of Oaklawn is the same as not being an employee of Oaklawn.

Totally see how you can form these intelligent opinions...LMAO
Yep. As if Oaklawn can't just say, we don't want your business here. Nope, they can't do that because he's not an employee.

Imagine defending Diodoro as a way to attack me.
Old 03-10-2023, 12:44 PM   #54
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Yep. As if Oaklawn can't just say, we don't want your business here. Nope, they can't do that because he's not an employee.

I'm not defending anyone...I'm criticizing your giant leaps in logic...as if the two situations are even REMOTELY similar
Old 03-10-2023, 01:05 PM   #55
CheckMark

Well I have stopped handicapping Oaklawn for a while now (but will try to get some more picks out soon) with working and trying to get ready for going to school in September for Radio Broadcasting

This situation only makes it worse to watch this track now with Vic gone

I hope he wins the NHC to prove he is the real deal and the firing of him is the most wildest moments in OP history

Last edited by CheckMark; 03-10-2023 at 01:07 PM.
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2023, 01:30 PM   #56
Robert Fischer
clean money

complete bullshit to fire Vic.
if it was really for the 'tweet' in question, then I feel like there is a lack of reading comprehension.
I only read the tweet once, and I wasn't really interested in it, and did not expect it to be an important thing that caused him to be fired.

However, when I skimmed the tweet, it seemed to be about an anecdote from when his older brother ( who apparently struggled with addiction and committed suicide - forgive me if I'm way off, I didn't care to memorize/absorb the details ), had walked in on/caught a young Vic in the act of masturbating, and instead of tormenting/blackmailing/EMBARASSING Vic, his younger brother, what his older brother did was say "Hey, don't be ashamed. It's something ever boy does growing up.".

I did not read the topic thread-start tweet, so I couldn't tell you how it related to the stream of comments, but I would guess that it was relevant in some way. I can tell you that it was not a creepy abusive or grooming tweet. If that was the vibe I got from the tweet, then I'd call him a POS and applaud his firing, but it was not the case.

How that tweet lead to his firing, I have no idea. It would be hard to believe if so much in this world wasn't hard to believe.

If anything, in this weird world we live in, there is a some weird debate that he was promoting awareness of suicide or speaking on addiction, or speaking on gender sexuality issues, or awareness of a topic that causes depression and anxiety among young men, etc...

those defenses would be bullshit to me also, but not as much of mushroom in bullshit theory as those reading comprehension limited folks calling for his firing.

Vic is over-qualified for announcing gigs. He does a competent job at announcing. He also is an above average horseplayer.
He has tons of experience in this game. He's 'one of us' in terms of at least being experienced in the game and horseplaying.
There are a lot of weirdos and trolls in this game, and some of despicable characters are servile and seek favor from some of the elite members of the online horse racing/horseplayer community by doing things like troll Vic Stauffer.
Recently we've seen silliness with Vic Stauffer getting frustrated at inability to gain acceptance in various cliques as well as perhaps unable to get side gigs in that direction, and then 'challenging' Andy Serling to a contest.

The anti-Vic trolls pushed harder, and then the anti-TLG trolls pushed harder. With both groups taking shots of Haterade, tosting to their anti-hero.
At PA we recently had a wisely deleted post that was started by Vic to re-assert the 'challenge'.

As Twitter offers an unmoderated and larger platform for horseracing, we've seen some of the celebrities become less accessible.
And, because of the behavior of the lowest-common denominator of horseplayer trolls, we are going to have less and less access to public handicappers and horse racing celebs, and we are starting to see less and less genuine personal exchanges.

This foreseeable future of 'managed' social media accounts unfortunately also points to less honesty to the horseplayer and anything outside the company line, be it increases in takeout on certain wagers or situations/days/carryovers, or anything that may be a company decision that may be worse off for a working-class horseplayer...

Quote:

the cat is out of the bag, but you've got like 7 guys or more with competitive fire and such a big ego, that have no fear or respect for being under the radar.

Brad Cox is normally a poster boy for having a huge ego and disregard for being under the radar or the rules or lol - the respect for the game etc... and Brad Cox is 'only' hitting about 22%. Brad Cox is doing his normal superego stuff and trying to improve or sustain huge performance from everything he sends out, but he is not standing out in this meet.

There's a guy hitting 47% or something from simply being thought of as a 'solid' trainer to now being secretariat reincarnate (as a human). There are other 30% guys and several more who keep swinging big with occasional homeruns and move ups. The high claimers through starters and optional claimers are big purses and the first thing a player has to discern are "what horses in this race are recent claims from lower classes to point to this meet and hopefully not bet to favoritism, today?"...

I'm a fanatic ocd player whose got three thousand watch-list horses, and I still scan for supertrainers and superowners when I glance at the entries.

The cat's been out of the bag for a long while, and I don't know of a solution.
The reaction to Servis-Navarro could have been been a threat or warning to the owners and trainers who buy these performance enhancers for the horses, but the reality is that it was a "hey we need that!!" moment.
The substances don't show up on the current testing. I don't know whether tests can be improved, and if so, very likely too expensive to implement.
Racing attempts to broadcast the image that the PEDs are the stuff that are the 'overages' in testing. Most fans buy it. To many them, a guy who gets suspended is a cheater. Sometimes it's true as well, but it's the tip of the iceberg.
I want to make every dime I can in certain angles that I may be lucky enough to encounter, it's a harsh reality.
Old 03-10-2023, 01:48 PM   #57
cnollfan

What Robert Fischer said.

There was a lot of drama around Vic, and Oaklawn management must have got tired of it. They picked the flimsiest of excuses to make a stand on.

I don't care for Vic's announcing style, and Oaklawn is my favorite track. But in the matter of his dismissal over a discreet anecdote about a decades-old act of kindness by his troubled brother, I am 100% in Vic's corner. Shame on you, Oaklawn.
cnollfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2023, 02:15 PM   #58
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Vic's short response while at the NHC

ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2023, 02:34 PM   #59
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

So nice, they post the tweet twice in here (see reply #55)
Old 03-10-2023, 02:39 PM   #60
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Just to keep things fair, we are only currently getting one side of the story here. I doubt Oaklawn will ever publicly give the reasons for the firing so that is likely all we'll have. But that doesn't mean the side we are getting is the whole story.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: