Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-10-2021, 05:54 PM   #16
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakorum Kabbage View Post
you and USA Today do not feel low supply is the result of Biden policies?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2021, 06:31 PM   #17
fast4522

Well it is not a product of energy independence, Biden screwed the pooch with that.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2021, 06:45 PM   #18
Marshall Bennett

Putting supply and demand aside, Biden's policies and the party's attitude towards the energy industry effects oil prices in itself. Every move he's made since day 1 has been costly to consumers.
Oh and btw Mostie, just because the grocery shelves are full now doesn't mean a year from now they'll still be stocked...same as with crude oil. Inflation can ruin an economy for a very long time.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2021, 07:10 PM   #19
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Oh and btw Mostie, just because the grocery shelves are full now doesn't mean a year from now they'll still be stocked...same as with crude oil. Inflation can ruin an economy for a very long time.
He does not care, the chances that he will still be here get smaller every year.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2021, 08:21 PM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
That doesn't explain it.

Why a new 5 year top?

Considering COVID pushed gasoline prices so low, how was it able to not only rebound THAT, but make a 5 year HIGH?

Your article makes zero sense in context with the chart of prices I posted.
Old 07-10-2021, 08:22 PM   #21
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
PS, this KK guy is using a TOR network to post here...wow...I'm actually flattered retreads go this far just to be able to post here.
Old 07-10-2021, 11:24 PM   #22
Karakorum Kabbage
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
PS, this KK guy is using a TOR network to post here...wow...I'm actually flattered retreads go this far just to be able to post here.
I think this is the second time you've called me a retread. I don't know what that is or why you're calling me that.

I also don't know why you care what browser I'm using, or why you think any others would care at all for you to call it out. Very confusing.

My name is Terry C and I've been a racing fan since the early 80s and an employee of NY's Western Region OTB since 2003. A friend of mine (who's name is Ron, don't know what his forum handle is) recommended I try this forum.

This OT section interests me because although this forum apparently has thousands of members, OT seems like it's mainly just the same 10 far-right people posting over and over.

That's a very odd statistical aberration, so I'll just conclude that it must be the way the admin wants it. If so I'll be happy to confine any future comments to the racing area.

Thanks.
Karakorum Kabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2021, 11:36 PM   #23
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
I think this is the second time you've called me a retread. I don't know what that is or why you're calling me that.

I also don't know why you care what browser I'm using, or why you think any others would care at all for you to call it out. Very confusing.

My name is Terry C and I've been a racing fan since the early 80s and an employee of NY's Western Region OTB since 2003. A friend of mine (who's name is Ron, don't know what his forum handle is) recommended I try this forum.

This OT section interests me because although this forum apparently has thousands of members, OT seems like it's mainly just the same 10 far-right people posting over and over.

That's a very odd statistical aberration, so I'll just conclude that it must be the way the admin wants it. If so I'll be happy to confine any future comments to the racing area.

Thanks.
What a life you have led!
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2021, 12:24 AM   #24
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Why in the world would that be interesting?

And I like how you say "apparently has thousands of members." Actually, this forum only has 2 members. Me and you. I just created all the other accounts here...there is nobody here but you and me.

Quote:

Thanks.
uhhhh...wut?
Old 07-11-2021, 12:51 PM   #25
JustRalph
Just another Facist

smart enough to use a TOR net, but doesn't understand who those thousands of logins are..........hmmmm.....
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2021, 01:16 PM   #26
mostpost

Quote:
Look at the attached chart of the last 60 months of average US RETAIL GASOLINE PRICES.

LOOK AT THE PARABOLIC RISE IN PRICES THAT STARTED JUST AFTER THE ELECTION OF 2020 when JOE BIDEN WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT.

Gas prices started going up LIKE A ROCKET almost to the MINUTE that Joe Biden was elected president of the United States of America.

Nice, right?

ALSO NOTE THAT GAS PRICES STARTED FALLING in MAY 2019 (right before the START OF THE SUMMER SEASON???? THANK YOU TRUMP)...AND WELL BEFORE COVID.

I laugh at your cuckness.
From January to May this year gas prices rose 73.7 cents a gallon. This high but not uniquely so. To begin with, prices always increase in the first five months of the year.

In 2019, when your boy was President they rose by 60.8 cents a gallon.
Historically there have been similar increases; 53 cents in 2003, 59 cents in 2006, 90 cents in 2007, 73 cents in 2008, 47 cents in 2009 and 81 cents in 2011.

Prices did drop in the second half of 2019 but only by about 30 cents.
Old 07-11-2021, 01:18 PM   #27
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

And I like how you say "apparently has thousands of members." Actually, this forum only has 2 members. Me and you. I just created all the other accounts here...there is nobody here but you and me.

uhhhh...wut?

I AM PACEADVANTAGE!

Last edited by Tom; 07-11-2021 at 01:23 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2021, 01:22 PM   #28
mostpost

Quote:

uhhhh...wut?
Why don’t you just tell us who you think this KK used to be? Elysiantraveler? Hcap? Capper Al? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 07-11-2021, 05:04 PM   #29
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Why don’t you just tell us who you think this KK used to be? Elysiantraveler? Hcap? Capper Al? Inquiring minds want to know.
I have no idea, nor do I care. It happens so much, I find it hard to believe so many people hate this place. They just...can't...stay...away....
Old 07-11-2021, 06:30 PM   #30
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
He does not care, the chances that he will still be here get smaller every year.
That is true for everyone. But of course I do care. I have younger relatives and friends who will be here long after I have gone. I want them to live in a better world.

That is why I so vehemently protest the world you are so fond of. A world where wealth is concentrated in the hands of a few. A world where police brutality towards black people is ignored or excused. A world where you are trying to take away a woman’s right to choose and an African American’s right to vote. A world where a gay couple has no right to marry.

Yeah, I’m going to die sometime, but that doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is the world I’m leaving behind.

Last edited by mostpost; 07-11-2021 at 06:44 PM.
mostpost is offline   Reply With Quote Reply