Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-11-2021, 07:53 PM   #31
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I have no idea, nor do I care. It happens so much, I find it hard to believe so many people hate this place. They just...can't...stay...away....
A G E N D A

T D S

This is a Pair that Three of a Kind can't beat.
Old 07-11-2021, 07:55 PM   #32
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
That is true for everyone. But of course I do care. I have younger relatives and friends who will be here long after I have gone. I want them to live in a better world.

That is why I so vehemently protest the world you are so fond of. A world where wealth is concentrated in the hands of a few. A world where police brutality towards black people is ignored or excused. A world where you are trying to take away a woman’s right to choose and an African American’s right to vote. A world where a gay couple has no right to marry.

Yeah, I’m going to die sometime, but that doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is the world I’m leaving behind.
But you have no problem wanting to take away a person's right to choose against COVID Vaccination. Got it.
Old 07-11-2021, 09:21 PM   #33
fast4522

Quote:
That is true for everyone. But of course I do care. I have younger relatives and friends who will be here long after I have gone. I want them to live in a better world.

That is why I so vehemently protest the world you are so fond of. A world where wealth is concentrated in the hands of a few. A world where police brutality towards black people is ignored or excused. A world where you are trying to take away a woman’s right to choose and an African American’s right to vote. A world where a gay couple has no right to marry.

Yeah, I’m going to die sometime, but that doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is the world I’m leaving behind.
What blows the mind is how many dead men walking are here singing your tune.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2021, 10:29 PM   #34
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Let me take a more moderate view than yours.
  1. If a person like Jeff Bezos can create a trillion dollar company, why should he be forced give that away to some lazy ass just because. Tell the lazy ass to get an idea and create something instead of putting his/her hands out. Do I think that corps should pay more in taxes? Yes, but that is to reduce the load what used to be called the middle class and not just giving it away to some lazy ass.
  2. Black-on-black crime is a greater problem than police brutality. Look it up.
  3. I believe in a woman's right to choose. In fact, I don't believe in a woman having babies to collect a check.
  4. People should have the right to vote -- in fair elections. Don't they vote several times per election in Illinois?
  5. As far as I know gays can marry now. What I don't understand is the impact of LBGTQabcdef... Chromosomes determine sex -- case closed. If people are allowed to choose who they think they are where does it stop? Are we going to let serial killers and pedophiles off the hook because they think that murder and having sex with children is ok and normal? Not in my world, thank you very much.
And back onto the thread topic, there is no one factor that causes gas prices to increase. I don't blame Biden, but he sure is shit isn't helping prices stay down.

Last edited by headhawg; 07-11-2021 at 10:41 PM.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2021, 01:37 AM   #35
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
But you have no problem wanting to take away a person's right to choose against COVID Vaccination. Got it.
I have never advocated forced vaccination. I strongly advocate vaccination. Too bad if you are so freaking sensitive that bothers you.
Old 07-12-2021, 01:45 AM   #36
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
I have never advocated forced vaccination.
Good to see....I'll remember you said this.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2021, 02:06 AM   #37
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
Let me take a more moderate view than yours.
  1. If a person like Jeff Bezos can create a trillion dollar company, why should he be forced give that away to some lazy ass just because. Tell the lazy ass to get an idea and create something instead of putting his/her hands out. Do I think that corps should pay more in taxes? Yes, but that is to reduce the load what used to be called the middle class and not just giving it away to some lazy ass.
  2. Black-on-black crime is a greater problem than police brutality. Look it up.
  3. I believe in a woman's right to choose. In fact, I don't believe in a woman having babies to collect a check.
  4. People should have the right to vote -- in fair elections. Don't they vote several times per election in Illinois?
  5. As far as I know gays can marry now. What I don't understand is the impact of LBGTQabcdef... Chromosomes determine sex -- case closed. If people are allowed to choose who they think they are where does it stop? Are we going to let serial killers and pedophiles off the hook because they think that murder and having sex with children is ok and normal? Not in my world, thank you very much.
And back onto the thread topic, there is no one factor that causes gas prices to increase. I don't blame Biden, but he sure is shit isn't helping prices stay down.
1. I missed the news about Bezos being forced to give up Amazon to anyone. The problem is that Amazon and Walmart and Facebook etc. have become so powerful that no one can compete against them. Walmart would come into a town and price its products so low family owned businesses could not compete. Walmart forced them out of business. These were not lazy asses, they were hardworking people who had invested blood sweat and tears into their businesses.

2. Police brutality is the bigger problem because police are betraying their promises to the community. Because if the police won’t follow the law then who will.

3. Women do not have babies to collect a check. It costs a lot more to raise a child than you get from welfare. That is a racist, conservative lie.

4. More stupidity about Illinois elections.

5. gays can marry now and I am sure you are not happy about that and would change it if you could.

Chromosomes determine the physical characteristics of sex. But those are only the outward signs. What we feel is far more important. You and I have no idea how it feels to be one thing physically and know you should be another.
Your comparison to serial killers and pedophiles is just ridiculous. Those people do great harm to society. Transgender people do not. In fact society’s intolerance is very harmful to transgenders.
Old 07-12-2021, 02:10 AM   #38
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Good to see....I'll remember you said this.
Just so you don’t get too giddy. I am fine with businesses refusing to serve you if you are not fully vaccinated or at least wearing a mask. I am fine with schools refusing unvaccinated children to attend class in person.
Old 07-12-2021, 07:59 AM   #39
headhawg
crusty old guy

I won't bother quoting @mostpost because his reply is direct from the liberal's playbook or the communist manifesto. ( Same approach so I get those documents confused.) But his response is typical lib-shit -- nothing factual, taking things literally and responding with absolutely no critical thought behind it as long as it suits the left-wing agenda. One of my favorite sayings is "You can't have it both ways." Apparently he thinks he can. Too bad we can't fix stupid. Hell, we can't even medicate it. What a shame.
Old 07-12-2021, 10:12 AM   #40
lamboguy

somethings don't add up to well. the dollar is very strong right now, the consumption of oil is way down usually a sign of weaker gasoline prices.

Biden is keeping the price up with smoking mirrors right now just to make it look like this economy is doing well. i don't think its going that great for the average person living here. when the price of gas crashes, he will crash.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2021, 11:10 AM   #41
Rex Phinney

Everything about the left's agenda needs higher gas prices to stick. They love for the price of gas to be so high that people will listen to them blather on about clean energy and renewable resources. So anyone that thinks this White House would do anything to curtail the rise in prices is an idiot. Quite the opposite.

When you shut down a project like the Keystone Pipeline you are affecting your future supply power, even if it doesn't take away from existing inventory. Everyone knows that Biden will make decision after decision to cut back on the US ability to produce, and that turns the pricing power over to places like the Middle East and Russia. Do we think those guys are rooting for lower prices? LOL
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2021, 11:11 AM   #42
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Just so you don’t get too giddy. I am fine with businesses refusing to serve you if you are not fully vaccinated or at least wearing a mask. I am fine with schools refusing unvaccinated children to attend class in person.

If schools start getting to decide which kids can & cannot come to class then I should get to decide which schools my tax money does & does not go to.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2021, 12:30 PM   #43
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
I won't bother quoting @mostpost because his reply is direct from the liberal's playbook or the communist manifesto. ( Same approach so I get those documents confused.) But his response is typical lib-shit -- nothing factual, taking things literally and responding with absolutely no critical thought behind it as long as it suits the left-wing agenda. One of my favorite sayings is "You can't have it both ways." Apparently he thinks he can. Too bad we can't fix stupid. Hell, we can't even medicate it. What a shame.
“Liberal’s Playbook” also known as the facts.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:34 PM   #44
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
somethings don't add up to well. the dollar is very strong right now, the consumption of oil is way down usually a sign of weaker gasoline prices.

Biden is keeping the price up with smoking mirrors right now just to make it look like this economy is doing well. i don't think its going that great for the average person living here. when the price of gas crashes, he will crash.
Are we talking about oil.or gasoline? I know you use oil to make gasoline, but oil has many other uses. Gasoline consumption is still below pre-pandemic levels, however, it is up 67 percent from March 2020.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:41 PM   #45
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
If schools start getting to decide which kids can & cannot come to class then I should get to decide which schools my tax money does & does not go to.
No, you don’t get to choose how your tax money is spent. How stupid is that. I don’t get to choose how much gets spent on bombs and tax breaks for billionaires and you don’t get to choose how the money is spent on education. Can you imagine the chaos if every person could say I’ll pay for this but not for that.

What you get to decide is who will make those decisions. If more people agree with you, you get your way, if not, tough.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: