Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-13-2023, 03:39 PM   #91
LemonSoupKid

CJ, you gonna be at SA?
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2023, 04:56 PM   #92
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
CJ, you gonna be at SA?
Yes, both days.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2023, 10:02 AM   #93
LemonSoupKid

Are you in your own box?
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2023, 09:41 AM   #94
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
Are you in your own box?
Just regular seats in the grandstand.
Old 11-03-2023, 03:51 PM   #95
dilanesp

So on site today they charged $60!
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2023, 06:33 PM   #96
comet52

Curious - anybody know why are they alternating announcers between Mirahmadi and Pete Aiello?
comet52 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2023, 07:10 PM   #97
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Just guessing....

giving Pete a foothold on the big stage?
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2023, 07:11 PM   #98
horsefan2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
So on site today they charged $60!

Should not be a surprise considering they are charging prices like any other major sporting event. The infield doesn't look like they have the normal crowd so guessing this is more like an invite only event for monied folks.
horsefan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2023, 07:45 PM   #99
horsefan2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
Just guessing....

giving Pete a foothold on the big stage?

Since the Breeders Cup is organizing this event, they probably call the shots on who they want announcing.
horsefan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2023, 08:05 PM   #100
affirmedny

Quote:
Originally Posted by comet52 View Post
Curious - anybody know why are they alternating announcers between Mirahmadi and Pete Aiello?
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2023, 11:07 AM   #101
PIC6SIX

Thumbs down

I attended BC at SA maybe 5 years ago??? and only paid $10 for general admission. I was amazed what a deal. Wife and I we parked at the mall?? but we departed well before final race and had no problem. I wanted to attend BC again this year but heard GA was $50 per ticket so I decided to watch in the comfort of our home theater TV room. Prices on everything are spiking out of control!!!!
PIC6SIX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2023, 12:35 PM   #102
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIC6SIX View Post
I attended BC at SA maybe 5 years ago??? and only paid $10 for general admission. I was amazed what a deal. Wife and I we parked at the mall?? but we departed well before final race and had no problem. I wanted to attend BC again this year but heard GA was $50 per ticket so I decided to watch in the comfort of our home theater TV room. Prices on everything are spiking out of control!!!!
And you got less for your $50 this year. No infield, only limited parts of the apron (and nowhere where you could stand on an elevated area and see the track), only limited parts of the interior of the grandstand. They were actively discouraging anyone from buying GA tickets by giving them almost nothing.
Old 11-06-2023, 03:21 PM   #103
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
And you got less for your $50 this year. No infield, only limited parts of the apron (and nowhere where you could stand on an elevated area and see the track), only limited parts of the interior of the grandstand. They were actively discouraging anyone from buying GA tickets by giving them almost nothing.
There were enough seats that you could definitely sneak by and squat in the grandstand. I never had my ticket (which I won't ever buy again) checked once. The only time I was checked was to get in the contest room (which I wasn't in and didn't have a ticket) and even there I got through most of the time. Free food!
Old 11-06-2023, 08:35 PM   #104
ClockersCorner

Attended Saturday only. I sat in section R row 20 right above the walkway. Just a tad past the 1/8th pole.
I paid $90 -all fees included- from StubHub on Tuesday of race week. Ticket delivered via FedEx on Thursday.
My ticket was only checked at the track entrance, so the walkway running the length of the grandstand was available to General admission, as were the stairs leading up to it just east of the permanent box seats.
Plenty of parking on streets north of the track. They used to restrict parking there, but all the signs came down during Covid. The walk is actually about like parking about midway in the south lot. I’d say hundreds avoided the parking fees this way.
ClockersCorner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2023, 01:01 PM   #105
dilanesp

It's interesting that people are saying their tickets were never checked. Mine was checked several times when I went up and down between the paddock and the grandstand reserved seating, and when I came up through Clocker's Corner to the seats.

But everyone's experience is different. In any event, the BC is certainly INTENDING that GA be $50 plus an $80 parking charge and have very little access to the plant, even though they might not be enforcing it. If you buy the same ticket at a future BC, you are gambling they won't enforce it.