Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:03 AM   #151
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Obviously you understand nothing.
At least I admit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by you
I say there are a lot more criterion to determine social conservatism than those three items and the attitudes of black Americans towards all those factors is what determines how liberal, moderate or conservative they are.
That's fine but what you said was :
Quote:
Originally Posted by you
I would say they are religiously conservative. Premarital sex, abortion and gay marriage are all religious not social questions.
Two totally different things. Bogus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by you again
Some results from the full survey:
76% of black youth disagree that the government should fund only abstinence only sex education. Not a conservative position.

93% of black youth believe that sex education should be mandatory in High school. Not a conservative position.

76% of black youth believe that condoms should be available in High School.
Show me many conservatives who think that.
47% of black youth think abortion is always wrong, but 58% believe the government should not make abortion illegal.
61% of black youth feel it is hard for blacks to get ahead because they face so much discrimination. Conservatives keep telling me that discrimination is over in this country.
I agree with the blacks almost across the board. Am I black or liberal?

The problem began when you announced that conservatives hate government or something like that and then listed off of a handful of things in history that changed with help from legislation. You listed a herd of things that black society overcame with that legislative help, as though if it were up to conservatives, there would be no government at all and none of these things would have happened. Therefore, I guess, the implication was that blacks can't be conservative or conservatives don't support blacks.

Now, you can tell me that I don't comprehend and then ignore what you did say and do-si-do by posing a whole new set of conclusions from actual data. That's fine as long it means you are at least trying to be convincing now.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2012, 12:06 AM   #152
hcap

PA, you never commented on the historical record of black voters. Do you honestly believe that the current generation of Black America because of your absurdly spun "black youth are social conservatives" is going to change in any shape or form the huge pro-Democratic black vote? Are you implying that TODAY for some strange reason as blacks are celebrating the first black president, they are more conservative than their fathers or grandfathers?
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2012, 12:18 AM   #153
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
PA, you never commented on the historical record of black voters. Do you honestly believe that the current generation of Black America because of your absurdly spun "black youth are social conservatives" is going to change in any shape or form the huge pro-Democratic black vote?
When do you suspect you'll get to the actual 'chewy nugget' of what's being thrown your way?

You & your brethren are/have spent countless hours deriding "conservatives" when in fact MANY times, pacifically, socially conservative views, you're attacking a large portion of independents & democreeps who view family issues, among many other issues, conservatively.

We ain't talkin' votes here. We talkin' 'bout you & mosty, et al now knowing socially conservative folk park their cans in a wide spectrum of party affiliation.

Mush to your chagrin.

Last edited by bigmack; 02-21-2012 at 12:20 AM.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #154
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
When do you suspect you'll get to the actual 'chewy nugget' of what's being thrown your way?

You & your brethren are/have spent countless hours deriding "conservatives" when in fact MANY times, pacifically, socially conservative views, you're attacking a large portion of independents & democreeps who view family issues, among many other issues, conservatively.

We ain't talkin' votes here. We talkin' 'bout you & mosty, et al now knowing socially conservative folk park their cans in a wide spectrum of party affiliation.

Mush to you chagrin.
It's weird that he won't acknowledge the point I was making. He continues to completely ignore the entire reason why I wrote my reply.

This has nothing to do with blacks voting for whomever...but everything to do with the left-leaners (like hcap and mosty) constant criticism of social conservatives (Santorum is now the target of the day)...to the point they create threads heralding studies that claim social conservatives are inherently stupid and possess lower IQs than social liberals.

To that I say look to your own party and the large swath of social conservatives you HARBOR and EMBRACE within your own ranks. Why won't you talk about their failings and how "stupid" and low IQ'd they are?

I guess like a good whore, you'll take their money (or in this case, votes) while not really respecting a thing about them...

You, mostpost and the rest of the Democratic party must be very proud of yourselves...

Herman Cain had a point...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-21-2012 at 12:27 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2012, 12:51 AM   #155
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

They have no argument. They are hypocrites when they criticize the socially conservative nature of someone like Rick Santorum or Rush Limbaugh. If they weren't hypocrites, they would be criticizing the vast numbers of African-Americans who hold these principles as well.

In fact, they should be calling this core group of Obama supporters and Democratic party supporters dumbasses with low IQs...just like they tagged GOP conservatives...

If they had any balls, that's what they'd do...but they don't dare...
Here's a another opinion poll:

Gregory B. Lewis of the Andrew Young School of Public Policy Studies at Georgia State University examined data from 31 public opinion polls conducted from 1973 and 2000, which involved nearly 7,000 blacks and 43,000 whites. In 2003, his analysis was published in Public Opinion Quarterly. Lewis concluded, “Despite their greater disapproval of homosexuality, African-American opinion on gay civil liberties and employment discrimination are quite similar to whites’ opinions, and African Americans are more likely to support laws prohibiting anti-gay discrimination.”

link: http://www.thedefendersonline.com/20...homosexuality/

So if black people are more likely to support laws like civil unions, how does that compare with social conservatives on the issue. Hmmm....

Example 1:

But social conservatives at Faith and Freedom had a different view. Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R-GA), Wisconsin Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch (R), and former Ohio Secretary of State Ken Blackwell (R) all said they would not personally vote for a candidate who supported civil unions and said that such a candidate would have trouble winning the GOP nomination.

“I’ve got to be frank with you, I don’t think someone who supports non-traditional marriage is going to be a front-runner with conservatives,” Kleefisch, who once likened gay marriage to allowing humans to marry clocks, said in an interview with ThinkProgress. When asked if he thought Republican primary voters would choose a candidate who supported civil unions, Westmoreland answered, “Probably not.”

Recent polling has shown, for the first time, that a majority of Americans support full marriage equality, a policy that falls even to the left of Huntsman’s moderate stance. Independents now support marriage equality in higher numbers than ever before, but Republican opposition has held steady, suggesting that Huntsman’s support for civil unions could indeed hurt him among more conservative primary voters.

link: http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...ons/?mobile=nc

Think Progress is probably too liberal a source for some here so let's go to this source for

Example 2:

Huntsman’s civil-union stance may prove political liability
By Robert Gehrke
The Salt Lake Tribune

.....Huntsman drew national attention in 2009 with his public support for civil unions and other rights for same-sex couples — a sharp break from the Republican orthodoxy, especially in conservative Utah.
Now, as the former governor moves closer to a bid for the presidency, his civil-unions stance poses a unique challenge and potential liability in the Republican primary landscape.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politic...ernor.html.csp

At any rate, just so nobody misses my point, social conservatives don't want civil unions let alone gay marriage. Here's another poll taken last November in North Carolina:

Cross-tabulations of Elon poll data based on race reveal that a strong majority of African-American North Carolinians support either full marriage rights or civil unions for same-gender couples.
  • 69.2% of African-American North Carolinians surveyed support full marriage rights (38.3) or civil unions (30.9) for same-gender couples;
  • 64% of White North Carolinians surveyed support full marriage rights or civil unions for same-gender couples; and
  • 60.6% of "Other" racially-identified North Carolinians surveyed support full marriage rights or civil unions for same-gender couples.
This data also shows a strong majority of African-American North Carolinians polled oppose or strongly oppose an amendment banning same-gender marriage.
  • 66.3% of African-American North Carolinians oppose or strongly oppose an amendment banning same-gender marriage;
  • 57.6% of White North Carolinians oppose or strongly oppose an amendment banning same-gender marriage; and
  • 56.9% of "Other" racially-identified North Carolinians oppose or strongly oppose an amendment banning same-gender marriage.
link: http://equalitync.org/news1/polls-reveal
Old 02-21-2012, 01:11 AM   #156
hcap

Quote:
This has nothing to do with blacks voting for whomever...but everything to do with the left-leaners (like hcap and mosty) constant criticism of social conservatives (Santorum is now the target of the day)...to the point they create threads heralding studies that claim social conservatives are inherently stupid and possess lower IQs than social liberals.

To that I say look to your own party and the large swath of social conservatives you HARBOR and EMBRACE within your own ranks. Why won't you talk about their failings and how "stupid" and low IQ'd they are?
Totally off the wall ravings

I have never said social conservatives are stupid. I have said republican nominees who are socially conservative are. From Sarah Palin onwards.

And? Big friggin deal. Compared to the Obama Spawn of Satan remarks here 24/7/365 our remarks on repugs on their failings are quite tame. I see no hypocrisy supporting and accepting support from blacks whether they are liberal as most blacks are or their kids who may be conservative on some issues

As usual you gentlemen take a minor point and yell top of your lungs FIRE!!!!!

Meanwhile back at the Rancho El Repugo. And just how much increasing despair they must be experiencing. Does this man look worried?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Graphrepug.jpg (26.6 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by hcap; 02-21-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #157
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

What is all this comparing to whites stuff?

Either African-Americans as a group are socially conservative, or they aren't.

But you got me...I guess I'm wrong...and gallop too...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/112807/bl...al-issues.aspx
Old 02-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #158
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Yelling Fire at the top of my lungs?

Ok then...whatever you say buddy...

Just having a friendly debate on your knocking of social conservatives...that's all...

I don't care if you continue to be a hypocrite...but I will call you on it every time.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:23 AM   #159
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Relevant point from above Gallop poll from 2008:

Quote:
In this particular aggregate of data, 65% of blacks identify themselves as Democrats (and another 16% say they lean toward the Democratic Party). Only 5% identify as Republicans. Yet, as seen in the accompanying table, there are major gulfs between the attitudes of black Democrats and the attitudes of nonblack Democrats on a number of moral issues, and in most instances, blacks come much closer to the positions of Republicans than to those of Democrats.
Yet hcap and mosty and all the rest of the left-leaners have no problem banging Republicans over the head with the "you're a dumb-ass low IQ social conservative" while giving a significant part of their own party a pass on such drubbings...

You go (face-painted) girl!
Old 02-21-2012, 01:23 AM   #160
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:

You overlooked the important part:

Quote:
you gentlemen take a minor point and yell top of your lungs FIRE
He was trying to let you know that you had a point without one of these

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2012, 01:23 AM   #161
hcap

Quote:

Ok then...whatever you say buddy...

Just having a friendly debate on your knocking of social conservatives...that's all...

I don't care if you continue to be a hypocrite...but I will call you on it every time.
Look at this way.

The Democratic Party is a "Big Tent"
The Republican Party is not
Old 02-21-2012, 01:44 AM   #162
bigmack

Quote:
Look at this way.

The Democratic Party is a "Big Tent"
The Republican Party is not
Let's just say you're trending poorly.

bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2012, 01:58 AM   #163
newtothegame

Quote:
It's weird that he won't acknowledge the point I was making. He continues to completely ignore the entire reason why I wrote my reply.

I guess like a good whore, you'll take their money (or in this case, votes) while not really respecting a thing about them...

You, mostpost and the rest of the Democratic party must be very proud of yourselves...

Herman Cain had a point...
I know I am late to the party...but you said it in a NUTSHELL mike...this is the ONLY thing they care about!
"I guess like a good whore, you'll take their money (or in this case, votes) while not really respecting a thing about them..."
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2012, 03:39 AM   #164
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame
I know I am late to the party...but you said it in a NUTSHELL mike...this is the ONLY thing they care about!
"I guess like a good whore, you'll take their money (or in this case, votes) while not really respecting a thing about them..."
Just keeping them within the bounds of that Dem plantation is the goal
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #165
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
Let's just say you're trending poorly.

I doubt it. Source?

Meanwhile

Last edited by hcap; 02-21-2012 at 06:49 AM.