Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 07-21-2016, 12:31 PM   #61
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light

Great, but the problem is no continuity,ever. Every time someone hits something with the program there's hi five's. But there is a lot of silence in between and we know what that usually means.

Maybe you guys should get together a play a months worth at your specified way and shut this guy up!!
List your track or spot plays and way of betting...and stick to it for a month

Mike
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2016, 12:49 PM   #62
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57
Maybe you guys should get together a play a months worth at your specified way and shut this guy up!!

Mike
Light claims he has his own software program, but has never shown one screen shot of it!
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2016, 01:12 PM   #63
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Great, but the problem is no continuity,ever. Every time someone hits something with the program there's hi five's. But there is a lot of silence in between and we know what that usually means.
Light,

To be fair, many of these users are not really playing to beat the world. Sure, they want to be competitive, but their agendas are not the same as guys like you and me.

That is not to say that someone cannot figure out a way to win long-term with such a program, but the typical player is just not going to hand-test 3,000 races to make sure it works before trying it with real money. (And why should they?)

IMHO, the important thing here is that the design of the software clearly fits into the mindset of a great many handicappers (as does the price). Personally, I like the way the data is formatted.

If I were to say that there is no empirical proof of the validity of the method(s), factors, etc., a logical response would be, "So what?"

Dave
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2016, 01:14 PM   #64
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57

Mike
I'm not selling anything. So why don't YOU guys shut me up and post 100 or more plays, especially you Mr cheerleader. What are you scared of?
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2016, 01:31 PM   #65
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
Light,

To be fair, many of these users are not really playing to beat the world. Sure, they want to be competitive, but their agendas are not the same as guys like you and me.

That is not to say that someone cannot figure out a way to win long-term with such a program, but the typical player is just not going to hand-test 3,000 races to make sure it works before trying it with real money. (And why should they?)

IMHO, the important thing here is that the design of the software clearly fits into the mindset of a great many handicappers (as does the price). Personally, I like the way the data is formatted.

If I were to say that there is no empirical proof of the validity of the method(s), factors, etc., a logical response would be, "So what?"

Dave

What I find dishonest is the "I caught this or that horse here and there". I have a simple experiment. I can say my system is to bet every #5 horse. I can get a lot of claims like "I had the #5 at Laurel for $38, thanks for your system". Or "I had the 5-5 Double at GG. You're the best." It's hype and dishonest because its taken out of context of the larger picture.

We all have good days betting and so do software programs, but what counts is the consistency. I saw many cop outs by the author of the program as he started 3 different bankrolls $1000,$500 (twice) and abandoned all of them due to poor performance.

I called him on it and the only explanation he could give was name calling and anger. Very unprofessional and revealing for someone in business as you are aware of I'm sure.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:03 PM   #66
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
What I find dishonest is the "I caught this or that horse here and there". I have a simple experiment. I can say my system is to bet every #5 horse. I can get a lot of claims like "I had the #5 at Laurel for $38, thanks for your system". Or "I had the 5-5 Double at GG. You're the best." It's hype and dishonest because its taken out of context of the larger picture.

We all have good days betting and so do software programs, but what counts is the consistency. I saw many cop outs by the author of the program as he started 3 different bankrolls $1000,$500 (twice) and abandoned all of them due to poor performance.

I called him on it and the only explanation he could give was name calling and anger. Very unprofessional and revealing for someone in business as you are aware of I'm sure.
You've already stated you are not going to buy my program--due to my personal "faults" I suppose you would call them. You have become a troll now. What is it you want? For me to tell everyone I'm a fake, my program doesn't work at all? And you, Light, have exposed me to be a charlatan of the highest order?

I've sold close to 150 copies now.....you are the only one complaining---and you have never even used the program once. But I'm the joke? Do us all a favor and find someone else to focus your anger/jealousy/ insecurity on. If you have $35 dollars--at least buy the program--that will give you the right to complain. But making personal attacks about me--like that has something to do with the quality of my program---is just ridiculous.

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 07-21-2016 at 02:05 PM.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2016, 02:11 PM   #67
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I'll tell you what Light....Saratoga opens tomorrow.....put your programs top picks up against PACE VIEW'S---EVERDAY I'll have mine up

and please----don't make any excuses

PUT THEM UP OR SHUT UP

anyone wanna bet this blowhard doesn't post anything?

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 07-21-2016 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:15 PM   #68
thaskalos

Quote:

Why should NorCalGreg be blamed for the "discontinuity" shown by his customers? His customers have paid their money...and they can say whatever they want to say...in whichever manner they want to say it.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:38 PM   #69
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not selling anything. So why don't YOU guys shut me up and post 100 or more plays, especially you Mr cheerleader. What are you scared of?
I changed my mind. I'm back, briefly.

Okay, Mister, You get your wish. I doubt it will shut you up.

Greg has no idea yet that I'm doing this. It will be news to him.

I'm going to post plays over the long weekend, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. These are the rules:

1) I'm going to start a new selection thread in "Handicapping." In it will be plays over the long weekend of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. BRIS single-format files will be used with Pace View.

2) I will be using certain tracks and excluding others. That list will be posted before I begin and won't be changed throughout the three days.

3) I will be using one or more "spot plays." The rules for each will be posted before I begin and will not change throughout the three days. All spot plays can be found by looking at the output screen. There won't be any judgement involved.

4) I'll post each day's plays in advance of the first race at the first track. They will NOT take any scratches into account.

In other words, anybody who has a copy of Pace View and the BRIS files can use the rules of the spot plays and come up with the exact same list of plays that I will post. I won't be able to "tighten up" if winning or "plunge" if losing. I don't get to pass on low odds or additional scratches of other horses that may affect the way the race is run. It's a very rigid format that has all the disadvantages that aren't faced in real life.

We'll see how it goes.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2016, 02:40 PM   #70
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
I'll tell you what Light....Saratoga opens tomorrow.....put your programs top picks up against PACE VIEW'S---EVERDAY I'll have mine up

PUT THEM UP OR SHUT UP

You have a better chance of winning Powerball without buying a ticket then having him post picks from his so called software!
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2016, 02:51 PM   #71
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I apologize.
I was not aware I had to post every winner.

I thought the day I posted 100% wins at FL was good enough to make my point.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:50 PM   #72
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
Light,

Dave
If I can make 4% ROI at the end of the month I am happy. I combine that with my rebate money and I make about 10% of what I bet. The way I bet, that smokes and beer money.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2016, 01:10 AM   #73
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I apologize.
I was not aware I had to post every winner.

I thought the day I posted 100% wins at FL was good enough to make my point.
Thought the day Pace View went 9 for 9 @ Mountaineer would silence THE ONE CRITIC....if your FLX 5 for 5 Best Bets day didn't.

Maybe he'll actually buy the program now......
Old 07-22-2016, 10:51 PM   #74
Light
Veteran

Quote:
You've already stated you are not going to buy my program--due to my personal "faults" I suppose you would call them. You have become a troll now. What is it you want? For me to tell everyone I'm a fake, my program doesn't work at all? And you, Light, have exposed me to be a charlatan of the highest order?

I've sold close to 150 copies now.....you are the only one complaining---and you have never even used the program once. But I'm the joke? Do us all a favor and find someone else to focus your anger/jealousy/ insecurity on. If you have $35 dollars--at least buy the program--that will give you the right to complain. But making personal attacks about me--like that has something to do with the quality of my program---is just ridiculous.
I actually am still interested in buying your software despite your shortsightedness and name calling. Calm down and pay closer attention and you may see that.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:54 PM   #75
Light
Veteran

Quote:

PUT THEM UP OR SHUT UP

I'm not the one selling anything. When I do decide to sell something, then I will back it up with picks. The picks you have put up have been dismal such as your $1000 and $500 bankrolls that went bust.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: