Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 08-01-2016, 03:31 PM   #181
TJC

Thanks for the reply Pandy.
TJC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 03:32 PM   #182
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC
I wasn't defending anyone or anything. I was just stating my cost, which is a fact.
You were stating your cost as a misleading implication that this is what it would cost others. There is no disclaimer in your quote that this offer hasn't been available for at least 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC
That is incorrect.

I use Bris Multicaps files and am charged $59.95 per month for unlimited downloads for all tracks per month. These files can be used with the PaceView software.

That is a yearly total of $719.40 not $1820.00.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 04:06 PM   #183
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
This is 100% correct, Pandy. The early poster TJC from Nevada is most certainly a long time user and is grandfathered in. The current cheapest unlimited data file package is indeed $125 per month, as Light has said. There are NO yearly unlimited data file plans available, according to the home office.
Apparently there's no longer a monthly unlimited plan from BRIS either. JCapper Silver files work with Pace view, and they're $89 per month unlimited, with a weekender's option of $5.95 for any given day.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 04:13 PM   #184
TJC

At the time I posted I was not aware that the plan was no longer available.

But even at $125 per month it would still be less that the $1,820 that you stated.

I have a question for you. Why do you continue to post in this thread?
Old 08-01-2016, 04:21 PM   #185
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
My Diamond System cannot use the multicap files. However, when my new book, Power Pace Handicapping comes out, hopefully in a few weeks, it will come with a free software program that uses the bris single file and multicap files should work. I haven't tested it with multicap files yet, but I will and it should work.
Make sure JCP files can be used too..
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 04:30 PM   #186
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensacola Pete
Apparently there's no longer a monthly unlimited plan from BRIS either. JCapper Silver files work with Pace view, and they're $89 per month unlimited, with a weekender's option of $5.95 for any given day.
It's still available Pete.....this is the discount plan I have, but I swear you have to get lucky and sweet talk the right lady there

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TSC1.jpg (97.9 KB, 235 views)
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 06:43 PM   #187
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC

I have a question for you. Why do you continue to post in this thread?
Because you lied and tried to discredit me.I'm not buying your lame excuse that you were just talking for yourself. Next time say the cost of the PP's that you state only apply in your case only because you got grandfathered in. Don't make it like I'm wrong and I was referring to you. I never even knew you existed.

Otherwise, yes I am done with this thread. You and NCG and his cheerleaders can go on living like you guys are making thousands of dollars. I don't care. I've said my peace and reality bears the truth after the hype.

Last edited by Light; 08-01-2016 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:55 PM   #188
TJC

"Because you lied and tried to discredit me.I'm not buying your lame excuse that you were just talking for yourself. Next time say the cost of the PP's that you state only apply in your case only because you got grandfathered in. Don't make it like I'm wrong and I was referring to you. I never even knew you existed."

I thought I made it clear that I did not know the plan was no longer available and if you think that I am a shill for PaceView or NCG, you need to turn your light in another direction.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:52 PM   #189
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
NCG and his cheerleaders can go on living like you guys are making thousands of dollars. I don't care
Really? You don't care? Great! Then you can go on living like you are a Tournament Ranked NHC SHOW BETTOR you claim to be although...I'll have to ask Charli if it's even possible to make only show bets at those tourneys--I'm thinking no.

Good luck with the show betting though...sorry to see you go

Attached Images
File Type: gif RAIDER CAR.GIF (80.1 KB, 208 views)
Old 08-01-2016, 09:40 PM   #190
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Really? You don't care? Great! Then you can go on living like you are a Tournament Ranked NHC SHOW BETTOR you claim to be although...I'll have to ask Charli if it's even possible to make only show bets at those tourneys--I'm thinking no.

Good luck with the show betting though...sorry to see you go
I already had a thread about my NHC success before you were even a member here. As I mentioned its only been the last 2 years that I turned to show betting because of the advantages I found it has over win betting.

You can't even make $5 with your program from over 300 win bets while I made $500 from 12 show bets.

Seriously, you come off so naive and childish. All the things you talk about, this board has been there and done that in great detail several times. Your stuff is nothing new and hasn't shown a dime of profit. Good luck with that.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:54 AM   #191
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57
Make sure JCP files can be used too..
JCP files have worked for the program as long as I've had them. Because HDW and BRIS use different ratings, and because the HDW ratings are on a different scale than those from BRIS, some of the ratings will look weird if you compare one file type to the other. Pace View was written with the BRIS ratings in mind.

Looking "weird" doesn't mean that the JCP-driven output isn't just as good. The program will generally choose the same horses with either. There are exceptions, but from my research of about 1,000 races using both file types, neither holds over the other. When they differ, it's usually only a switch of one ranking. When they differ, BRIS gets some winners that JCP doesn't, and JCP gets some winners the BRIS doesn't. I've come to the conclusion that there's not enough difference between the two to justify one over the other, and since I already use JCP files with 3 programs and don't use BRIS files with anything except Pace View, I'll be using JCP files in the future and dropping BRIS.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2016, 06:32 AM   #192
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensacola Pete
JCP files have worked for the program as long as I've had them. Because HDW and BRIS use different ratings, and because the HDW ratings are on a different scale than those from BRIS, some of the ratings will look weird if you compare one file type to the other. Pace View was written with the BRIS ratings in mind.

Looking "weird" doesn't mean that the JCP-driven output isn't just as good. The program will generally choose the same horses with either. There are exceptions, but from my research of about 1,000 races using both file types, neither holds over the other. When they differ, it's usually only a switch of one ranking. When they differ, BRIS gets some winners that JCP doesn't, and JCP gets some winners the BRIS doesn't. I've come to the conclusion that there's not enough difference between the two to justify one over the other, and since I already use JCP files with 3 programs and don't use BRIS files with anything except Pace View, I'll be using JCP files in the future and dropping BRIS.
I haven't found this to be true at all, Pete...the program was designed for and with Bris single files--will work completely fine with Bris Multi-Caps.(not to be confused with the MULTI-FILES)

If you're using J-caps out of convenience--that's one thing--but they don't produce an equal output.--NCG
Old 08-02-2016, 11:32 AM   #193
Southbaygent
TomT

Southbaygent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2016, 11:51 AM   #194
Tor Ekman

I don't know what that's supposed to be, but it's creeping me out
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2016, 12:01 PM   #195
mikesal57
Veteran