Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #61
Force of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 098poi
I could give a rat's ass about the commentators but I was a bit put off with Trevor (and I am a big Trevor fan) who right after the finish was already saying how much Z had to overcome and on and on. I think he could reserve some of his comments for a while and give the winner his moment in the sun.
Great point.
Force of One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #62
Charli125

Fantastic race. I was impressed again with Blame. I don't think being so far back hurt Z at all. I think Blame was just game enough to hold her off. Incredible job by Blame.

If Z got the perfect trip, then I think she would've won. She had to go wide around a few horses in front and that's all she lost by. That being said, you can't expect the dream trip every time.

I wish she would've won, but that was an incredible race to watch!
Charli125 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #63
point given

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG
Zenyatta got beat by a better horse today. However, her connections have nothing to be ashamed of.

Jim
Ashamed ????????? Never,............. Disappointed , yeah, alot .
point given is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #64
gm10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
The view from the blimp completely contradicts this post. Her trip was fine. Why is she the best horse, because she has no early speed unlike Blame? Neither had to wait at all, very clean runs.

She ran great, please don't belittle her effort with lame excuses.
Ah man I am not in the mood for your underhand provocations. Especially from the Quality Road backer who for months claimed that she wouldn't even run in the race and for years has been telling us that she was overrated. If you so desperately want to be right about it, then please enjoy this moment, no she didn't win, and no she didn't have the best early speed and no her late speed wasn't enough to mow down a very good horse. Good night.
gm10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #65
cpitt84

watching smith's Press conference..so sad.

"its my fault. she should have won."
Old 11-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #66
WinterTriangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
The way she ran is her running style.

Mike or anyone else on the planet was not going to change that at this late date.

Eh. I'm sure the jocks are pretty worn out from the weekend, and Mike's been on a high with her, he needs some time to unwind, rest and get some perspective. They both did just fine.
WinterTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #67
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm10
Ah man I am not in the mood for your underhand provocations. Especially from the Quality Road backer who for months claimed that she wouldn't even run in the race and for years has been telling us that she was overrated. If you so desperately want to be right about it, then please enjoy this moment, no she didn't win, and no she didn't have the best early speed and no her late speed wasn't enough to mow down a very good horse. Good night.
Provocations? She was very good, but the trip was good. What beat her was her total lack of early speed and a dirt surface.

My only real disappointment is that she wasn't tested more often.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #68
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
The view from the blimp completely contradicts this post. Her trip was fine. Why is she the best horse, because she has no early speed unlike Blame? Neither had to wait at all, very clean runs.

I have to agree completely. And this nonsense of how Mike Smith has now ruined her. Where do people get this crap from?

I thought EVERY HORSE WAS UNIQUE...an INDIVIDUAL. Who knows how she will react...we'll probably never know, but to assume Mike Smith just destroyed her is the height of lunacy.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #69
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick6
You can only give up so much ground early on. It was obvious today she gave up WAY too much ground early on.

When she got it in gear, she was clearly the best of the bunch. But it's who finishes first that matters. Racing.
Lame. You know who gave up a lot of ground? Goldikova.

Zenyatta did not give up a lot of ground. Zenyatta ran her race and got her pace. My only thinking is she broke horribly slow, even for her.

Perhaps if her connections weren't so (dare I say) cocky, they would have brought her into Churchill for a race BEFORE the Breeders' Cup Classic, and today's finish would have been reversed...she actually looked like she didn't know where she was early on...
Old 11-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #70
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterTriangle
The way she ran is her running style.

Mike or anyone else on the planet was not going to change that at this late date.

Eh. I'm sure the jocks are pretty worn out from the weekend, and Mike's been on a high with her, he needs some time to unwind, rest and get some perspective. They both did just fine.
Of course it is her style. Smith rode great, better than usual and the trip was fine. Her lack of speed is exactly what many predicted would get her beat on dirt despite her trainers guess that she is better on the surface. Believe it or not, a lot of us have watched thousands more races over many years than even the most successful trainers. We know a thing or two about racing and what works.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #71
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by foregoforever
Much different race, but I have that "Slew in the JCGC" sort of feeling.
Do NOT even go there...
Old 11-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #72
Beachbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D
Fantastic race,, I wish she had done it, because that effort deserved it imho.

My sentiments exactly.
Beachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #73
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm10
Looks like you are the one looking for a confrontation with this garbage. We're doing nothing but giving her credit and you appear to be looking for payback. Good night indeed.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #74
Pick6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
My only thinking is she broke horribly slow, even for her.
So you say it, then it's true? Thanks.
Pick6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #75
WinterTriangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli125
If Z got the perfect trip, then I think she would've won.
Goodness. She got the perfect trip.......The now-famous Zenyatta trip: perfect for her is the trip she usually gets, which is to lose contact with the field for 12+ lengths. THAT is her running style.

I'm just glad to see she is "the same" whether on dirt, or poly. That was a question a lot of people had, and it was answered.

Sports is about winning/losing. Anyone who has played on a team in sports is pretty comfortable with that. You give your best, so you are not going to jump off a bridge or anything because you didn't win. (at least, that's how it seems to happen in the real world I live in.)

I hope mike is not going to whip himself like some monk doing penance. Ditto, Zenyatta fans. It really is a "bad read."

I would like to go visit her next year if and when she retires. I have stuff to LOOK FORWARD TO. And more racing, of course.
WinterTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: