Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I found a poll where 51.1% of Americans polled approved of the job Obama is doing as president. It's the only poll that counts and it took place on Nov. 6, 2012.
Please pass this on to hcap.

Thank you.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #17
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
found a poll where 51.1% of Americans polled approved of the job Obama is doing as president. It's the only poll that counts and it took place on Nov. 6, 2012
Please pass this on to hcap.

Thank you.
So Tom how many pieces of the GOP and terapeers will be left in 2016 after President Clinton is elected? Or will all you gentlemen sucede to northern Colorado or Dakota to play with John Galt and his electrostatic free energy car? Man oh man, what will we do without all OUR "makers"?

Thank you
Old 09-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #18
thaskalos

Quote:
I see you conservatives use this term narcissistic a lot referring to Obama. I would like to know what actions of his lead you to feel he is a narcissist? Do you even know the clinical definition of narcissism?
Well...it could also mean "conceited or egotistical".

But if you use it this way...then you would have to label ALL the presidential candidates as such.

Don't you HAVE to be "conceited or egotistical" to a pretty large extent if you presume to lead a powerful nation like ours?
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #19
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:
I see you conservatives use this term narcissistic a lot referring to Obama. I would like to know what actions of his lead you to feel he is a narcissist? Do you even know the clinical definition of narcissism?
Read this book then get back to us.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #20
mostpost

Quote:
A good example of narcissism would be someone losing an election and not having a concession speech prepared because you can not conceive of losing.
Another example would be disappearing from public life for months after that loss because you were incapable of dealing with that loss.

That same politician famously stated that he enjoys firing people. A person enjoys firing people because doing so gives them a feeling of power. An exaggerated need for power is a sign of narcissism. A person enjoys firing people because he lacks the ability to understand how being fired affects the person being fired. Lack of empathy is a classic sign of narcissism.

Is quoting one's own post a sign of narcissism? I hope not.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #21
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJofSD
Read this book then get back to us.
I ask Lotta Kash and whoever else want to respond to point out specific actions by President Obama that prove Obama is a narcissist and you tell me to read a book. Answer the question as asked.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

hcap....bookmark this thread.
You heard it here first.

2016 - Repubs take WH, Senate and House.

If they do not take all three, Big Mac will not post here ever again!
Old 09-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #23
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph

Let's start here with a small poll of who I am sure will be ridiculed beyond imagination. It's just a start mind you.......
So, at what point does he say, "I can't take this anymore, f**k it, I quit."

January 20, 2017?
Old 09-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #24
thaskalos

Quote:

It probably is...
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #25
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
You heard it here first.

I am pretty sure you guys will have BM working as an official repug pollster in '016. That is if Fox doesn't hire him first.

(Hey BM, if you do wind up at Fox, soak 'em for all their worth )
Old 09-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #26
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
So Tom how many pieces of the GOP and terapeers will be left in 2016 after President Clinton is elected?
By that time we'll be in such deep shit it won't matter who's president.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #27
dartman51

Quote:
A good example of narcissism would be someone losing an election and not having a concession speech prepared because you can not conceive of losing.
Another example would be disappearing from public life for months after that loss because you were incapable of dealing with that loss.

That same politician famously stated that he enjoys firing people. A person enjoys firing people because doing so gives them a feeling of power. An exaggerated need for power is a sign of narcissism. A person enjoys firing people because he lacks the ability to understand how being fired affects the person being fired. Lack of empathy is a classic sign of narcissism.

Judging by your signature line, and the fact that you always THINK you know what someone meant, even when they say something entirely different, you would qualify.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #28
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
We curse both parties, and deservedly so...but then we get misty-eyed when some politician gets up there and tells us.."don't ask what your country can do for you...ask what you can do for your country".

Don't we know that when politicians say "country"...they mean THEMSELVES?
I never did like that speech, really the country should just stay out of your business and enforce laws, contracts, etc.

http://spectator.org/blog/2011/01/20...on-jfks-innaug

On the 50th Anniversary of John F. Kennedy’s innaugural address, I couldn’t help but think of Milton Friedman’s take on the speech’s most famous line, which served as the opening of Friedman’s 1962 classic Capitalism and Freedom:
“In a much quoted passage in his inaugural address, President Kennedy said, “Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.” Neither half of the statement expresses a relation between the citizen and his government that is worthy of the ideals of free men in a free society. The paternalistic “what your country can do for you” implies that government is the patron, the citizen the ward, a view that is at odds with the free man’s belief in his own responsibility for his own destiny. The organismic, “what you can do for your ‘country”implies the government is the master or the deity, the citizen, the servant or the votary.
To the free man, the country is the collection of individuals who compose it, not something over and above them. He is proud of a common heritage and loyal to common traditions. But he regards government as a means, an instrumentality, neither a grantor of favors and gifts, nor a master or god to be blindly worshipped and served. He recognizes no national goal except as it is the consensus of the goals that the citizens severally serve. He recognizes no national purpose except as it is the consensus of the purposes for which the citizens severally strive.

The free man will ask neither what his country can do for him nor what he can do for his country. He will ask rather “What can I and my compatriots do through government” to help us discharge our individual responsibilities, to achieve our several goals and purposes, and above all, to protect our freedom? And he will accompany this question with another: How can we keep the government we create from becoming a Frankenstein that will destroy the very freedom we establish it to protect?
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #29
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
You heard it here first.

That could be wishful thinking if Obamalama gets his Amnesty passed and millions more Democrat voters.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #30
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:
Answer the questions found here. Take the test for yourself.

Then, if you can be objective, answer the questions as if you were Obama. It should not be too difficult, just think about the way he's presented himself and responded to situations in the last 5 to 6 years. If you're honest, even with a moderate degree of giving him the benefit of the doubt, Obama's score is very high and definitely has narcissistic traits.

For those wanting to cut to the bottom line, same web site, here's their discussion of the traits: http://psychcentral.com/disorders/na...rder-symptoms/

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: