Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-14-2016, 11:16 AM   #46
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt
What I like about the climate change alarmists is that they are never wrong. (Among their followers and themselves) First it was global warming, then when we had cold spells in areas and hot ones in others they changed the buzz word to climate change. ...
Actually, it was first "global cooling" which hatched "Earth Day" in 1970. I can remember the propaganda in third grade and being scared that there was going to be another ice age in my lifetime. Yep, the "AV" team rolled the black and white television into the room and we had to watch how the earth was getting colder and we were all going to perish if we kept polluting. Those were the good ol' days.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2016, 11:17 AM   #47
jk3521
Registered Loser

When it's 50 degrees in January in Connecticut, I tell people, if this what Global warming is, I'm all for it. But this is sad..
http://www.ecowatch.com/thousands-of...882093044.html
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2016, 11:18 AM   #48
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Dumber, huh?

Tell, Wonder Boy, with the publicity, all the regulations, all the world conferences, all the taxes, all the attack on other energy sources, all the blather about GW being worse that ISIS........tell me the answer to two very important questions:

1. What is the target global temperature?
2. How much have all the efforts so far reduced the average global temperature.

Bonus question

3. Who YOU calling dumb?
Old 10-14-2016, 11:18 AM   #49
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb
Actually, it was first "global cooling" which hatched "Earth Day" in 1970. I can remember the propaganda in third grade and being scared that there was going to be another ice age in my lifetime. Yep, the "AV" team rolled the black and white television into the room and we had to watch how the earth was getting colder and we were all going to perish if we kept polluting. Those were the good ol' days.
I have the same memory
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2016, 11:19 AM   #50
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521
When it's 50 degrees in January in Connecticut, I tell people, if this what Global warming is, I'm all for it. But this is sad..
http://www.ecowatch.com/thousands-of...882093044.html
I believe nothing these bastards say......
Old 10-14-2016, 11:23 AM   #51
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
I believe nothing these bastards say......
I just googled the story after seeing the video on The Weather Channel. I didn't choose the source. But it is sad for these animals. The world weather is just going into a new cycle, I believe.

Last edited by jk3521; 10-14-2016 at 11:25 AM.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2016, 11:26 AM   #52
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb
I was in 4th grade in 1970 and don't remember any of that, I wonder if it depended on where you lived? Most of the scare movies were about not getting in cars with strangers or not eating Halloween candy before your parents inspected it. I was in California then and it was a good 20 years before it evolved into the liberal dump that it is.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2016, 11:36 AM   #53
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb
boy that sounds familiar
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2016, 11:38 AM   #54
chadk66

Quote:
I was in 4th grade in 1970 and don't remember any of that, I wonder if it depended on where you lived? Most of the scare movies were about not getting in cars with strangers or not eating Halloween candy before your parents inspected it. I was in California then and it was a good 20 years before it evolved into the liberal dump that it is.
It was on the cover of all the major rags at the time. Huge deal. Scientific community was totally up in arms over it. Once they got all their funding the talk dried up lol. Funny how that works.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2016, 12:34 PM   #55
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Quote:
Perhaps not as "in your face" as now, but it certainly existed.

http://www.stop21texas.com/2014/what...lobal-cooling/
Old 10-14-2016, 12:46 PM   #56
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I have the same memory
Me too.
They cancelled classes for Earth Day so we could all celebrate the planet.
I bought a pair of Earth Shoes.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:00 PM   #57
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Me too.
They cancelled classes for Earth Day so we could all celebrate the planet.
I bought a pair of Earth Shoes.
I forgot all about that scam......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_shoe
Old 10-14-2016, 06:47 PM   #58
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb
The article on global cooling was published in 1975. The idea for a national day to focus on the environment was initially pushed by a senator from Wisconsin, Gaylord Nelson. Most of his interest came after the massive Santa Barbara oil spill in 1969. Most of the legwork was done by Harvard professor named Denis Hayes. Hayes recruited people across the country and settled on April 22, 1970 as the first earth day (spring break at Harvard). Seven months later the EPA was established.

The global cooling article in Newsweek has been dismissed many times over, most especially by the scientist who inspired it. He has since become part of the large contingent of scientists who believe we are in a period of significant global warming. The person who wrote the article said this years later.

Now, as the author of that story, after decades of scientific advances, let me say this: while the hypotheses described in that original story seemed right at the time, climate scientists now know that they were seriously incomplete. Our climate is warming -- not cooling, as the original story suggested.

They probably did show you videos, but you seem to be significantly off in your dates.

Last edited by HalvOnHorseracing; 10-14-2016 at 06:51 PM.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2016, 06:49 PM   #59
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
I have the same memory
1970 to 1975 were a confusing blur to me too, but it may have had a lot more to do with partying.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2016, 10:43 PM   #60
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
The article on global cooling was published in 1975. The idea for a national day to focus on the environment was initially pushed by a senator from Wisconsin, Gaylord Nelson. Most of his interest came after the massive Santa Barbara oil spill in 1969. Most of the legwork was done by Harvard professor named Denis Hayes. Hayes recruited people across the country and settled on April 22, 1970 as the first earth day (spring break at Harvard). Seven months later the EPA was established.

The global cooling article in Newsweek has been dismissed many times over, most especially by the scientist who inspired it. He has since become part of the large contingent of scientists who believe we are in a period of significant global warming. The person who wrote the article said this years later.

Now, as the author of that story, after decades of scientific advances, let me say this: while the hypotheses described in that original story seemed right at the time, climate scientists now know that they were seriously incomplete. Our climate is warming -- not cooling, as the original story suggested.

They probably did show you videos, but you seem to be significantly off in your dates.
I remember it quite well. I was in third grade for the first Earth day in 1970. Just because I linked to magazines published 5 years later does not mean it wasn't being pushed in 1970. Maybe this will help you.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/22/fl...ulf-the-world/

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: