Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-20-2018, 12:21 AM   #151
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I was one of the few who used to criticize you then, for your distinct rightward leanings.
I'm not rightward, I don't like anyone.

I am a social moderate, but a fiscal conservative. I believe that the government, be it Obama or Trump or anyone else, should keep their grubby little hands off the economy. They all just make it worse.

I don't know if he even realized what he said, but in his little battle of wits with Acosta, Trump said words to the effect of let me run the country and you can run CNN.

The president's job is not to run the country, it is to oversee the running of the government. I question Trump's ability to do that, based on his record to date.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:27 AM   #152
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
I'm not rightward, I don't like anyone.

I am a social moderate, but a fiscal conservative. I believe that the government, be it Obama or Trump or anyone else, should keep their grubby little hands off the economy. They all just make it worse.

I don't know if he even realized what he said, but in his little battle of wits with Acosta, Trump said words to the effect of let me run the country and you can run CNN.

The president's job is not to run the country, it is to oversee the running of the government. I question Trump's ability to do that, based on his record to date.
I said early on that Trump will treat his new job as if it were akin to running some business that his father left him as an inheritance. But the supporters who voted for him don't seem to mind...and that's alright with me. Whether pro or against Trump...we are all entitled to our opinions.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 12:36 AM   #153
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
He had a terrible grasp of economics and trade, as do you.
Trump, and most of his fan base, are economic illiterates. Trump "learned" economics at Wharton in the 60s. What Wharton and all other major schools were teaching at the time has been proven wrong and debunked. Trump still lives in the 60s.

When I got my degrees in economics, I learned the same stuff. I have moved on and learned as new and better knowledge became available. Trump has not.

Why have Trump's best and most notable economic advisors quit (like Gary Cohn) or distanced themselves from even discussing issues like tariffs (like Larry Kudlow)? Why are the only Trump people supporting tariffs Peter Navarro (generally considered a hack by those on both sides of the aisle) and Wilbur Ross (generally considered senile)?
Old 11-20-2018, 12:44 AM   #154
fast4522

China is the monster, it should burn with its hand inside the cookie jar.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 12:56 AM   #155
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
China is the monster, it should burn with its hand inside the cookie jar.

Darn right. Those bastages are selling stuff to American consumers cheaper than American companies can produce it, benefiting American consumers at the cost of the Chinese workers and consumers.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:14 AM   #156
fast4522

Quote:
Darn right. Those bastages are selling stuff to American consumers cheaper than American companies can produce it, benefiting American consumers at the cost of the Chinese workers and consumers.
Look we do not have to agree, and you are taking a simpleton view to a very complex problem. Besides China is running out of time, they are at much more risk.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 01:16 AM   #157
tucker6

Quote:
Soon?

My reputation page looks like the red and green lights of Xmas decorations. Many of the people that agree with me apparently don't want to say so in public, and those who don't just want to zing me without having to address the issues.
There's a reputation page??

Serious question btw
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 01:21 AM   #158
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
There's a reputation page??

Serious question btw

Scroll to the top of the page and click on User CP to see yours.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:58 AM   #159
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
If Elysiantraveler deserved to get banned...then at least 3 Trump supporters here deserve to be banned as well, IMO. Elysiantraveler was hardly the only one who has been "begging for it".
What three Trump supporters on here deserve to be banned, Gus, if I may ask.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 03:30 AM   #160
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
You always ignore the cost of lost blue collar jobs and the closing of 60,000 manufacturing factories since NAFTA and China's entering into the WTO.

Hundreds of billions of annual US trade deficits with China, et al, was also addressed by you as a 'good thing' and a 'benefit' for our economy.

Yet, squashed wages, insurmountable budget deficits, the collapse of our savings rate... always ignored by you and all a direct result of these prior trade deals with China (and others).

Same stupidity came from elysian. You two also ignored my posts and responses when I called for reciprocal trade deals and zero percent tariffs between countries.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 03:36 AM   #161
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
What three Trump supporters on here deserve to be banned, Gus, if I may ask.
If I wanted to name those 3 posters...then I would have done so without any needed encouragement. My point was that I don't believe Ely, or anybody in the Trump camp, should be banned from here. All Ely did was antagonize PA a little bit...which isn't a big deal, IMO...because PA likes to antagonize people here himself. If PA likes to act as a regular poster here...then he should be able to tolerate the treatment that the other posters here tolerate...especially since PA himself sometimes instigates the arguments that we get into here. Ely didn't initiate the antagonizing rhetoric that got him in trouble here; he reacted to those who engaged him while using even more vitriolic language themselves than he himself was in the habit of using. People insulted him, and he responded in kind...that's all. And if he were praising Trump while insulting the "leftists" here, then he wouldn't even be CLOSE to getting kicked off this board...regardless of the harshness of the language that he used.

Yes, I know. This is PA's domain...and there is no "free speech" or 'equal rights' here. PA can do as he pleases...and any one of us can be banned from here without much needed explanation. But let's not pretend that Ely was more "vulgar" or more 'disruptive' here than some other posters here get on a daily basis. The only thing that made Ely "intolerable" here was his continual criticism of Donald Trump...an opinion which he was entitled to anyway...just as Trump's supporters are entitled to THEIR opinions. Justice for all.

Last edited by thaskalos; 11-20-2018 at 03:47 AM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 04:36 AM   #162
hcap

I asked PA directly if Ely was banned. After threatening to ban me, he said Ely was free to post.

Whatever that means

Last edited by hcap; 11-20-2018 at 04:37 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 04:54 AM   #163
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
And the confusing thing is...you were one of the most popular posters here in the pre-Trump era. I was one of the few who used to criticize you then, for your distinct rightward leanings. But all it took was some informed criticism levied against the Trump policies...and you have now been lumped together with us "leftists" here. Curious indeed...
I have had zero problems with Clocker.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:57 AM   #164
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I asked PA directly if Ely was banned. After threatening to ban me, he said Ely was free to post.

Whatever that means
Seriously, and this is not meant as mean...but I MUST question your brain health at this time.

I clearly stated to ELY he was banned after he did what I told him not to do.

After that, I NEVER wrote that ELY was free to post. Why would I write that? He's BANNED.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:00 AM   #165
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The only thing that made Ely "intolerable" here was his continual criticism of Donald Trump...
This is COMPLETELY false.

If it were true, there would have been MANY MORE people banned.