Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-12-2002, 08:00 PM   #1
freeneasy

Unhappy cryin towels down the hall bud

Yeah yeah, today I was kickn back watchn the playoffs, cappn the form, nothin serious in mind, turnd on the puter, clicked on churchhillwith about 4 minutes left to the 4th. liked the #4 but with no time didnt pushe it and passed.
cCome the 5th i call the offshore book an put in a little $16 p-3, playing it 1346/ 58/29, with the 2 & 9 in the 3rd leg looking pretty damn dawgone good to win, if I get past the first two legs.
Well 1/2 hr later I check the results an it turns out the 6 horse (spur creek) wins it paying some $104 bucks or so. hmmm last time I remember having a hunnert dollar winner goin ina pck-3 was ah, well jeepers, musta been,ah well lets be honest yesterday (never). shesus.
1/2 hr later the 5, sweetmilk creek hits and pays like $13 bucks or so, and now, realizing Boy Im sittin in the catbird seat now baby, I get up n strut around like Mick Jagger doin his red rooster.
well cool cat that I am,( ho boy here it comes) I calmly remove my spectacles and with eyes closed place my thumb and third finger at the top of my nose, you know, that spot on your nose ,rite in between your eyes and begin to message with a nice soft pressure while letting myself come to that point of inner peace, self and calm ( BS, BS, BS) and listening to my conscience describe all the rite and good things I can do with the winning proceeds.
well long story short, the 2 & the 9 came 2nd & 3rd and tomarrow when I wake up I go back to work cleaning out clogged up sewers & drains for a fun living.( if you ever see one of them school bus vans driven around smogg filled L.A. with the logo SARGEANT ROOTER, then that would be me)
Welp, the only question I want to ask is, What title wouuld you have given this thread, shesh
free
Old 05-13-2002, 05:31 PM   #2
superfecta
no fat chicks

Re: cryin towels down the hall bud

Quote:
Originally posted by freeneasy
Welp, the only question I want to ask is, What title wouuld you have given this thread, shesh
free
How about" still waiting to be "freeneasy?
What sucks is you get a horse like that 50-1 shot and no win money.But been there so don't feel bad.
Old 05-13-2002, 07:49 PM   #3
freeneasy

yeah, good laugh Sup, had a feeling somebodies been there and dun that (everybody) pit city man, pit city.

Idont play much on the win end tho, I likes mixin em up with the pk-3s and tri's, toss in a small super once in awhile, and speaking of supers, super, Iam extreamly tempted to put a little more attention on them bettingwise, I mean theres some very serious money in them thar hills, but unlike tris and pck 3s Iam pretty much convinced you need a single on top and at least an $80 tri underneath, 4hses to plc, 5 to shw, and 7 for the 4th spot, thats 8 horses with a single on top, I mean its tough enough doppen out a solid winner but when you get to that 3rd and 4th spot, man for the most part you can just throw your figs out the window cause anything and that includes anything can happen. anything less and it just turns into a bigger risk then it already is.

I mean it just seems like $80 would have to be the minmum to lodgically put into a superfecta.
whadt da you think sup? any ADvice?

free
Old 05-13-2002, 11:05 PM   #4
superfecta
no fat chicks

Quote:
Originally posted by freeneasy
yeah, good laugh Sup, had a feeling somebodies been there and dun that (everybody) pit city man, pit city.

Idont play much on the win end tho, I likes mixin em up with the pk-3s and tri's, toss in a small super once in awhile, and speaking of supers, super, Iam extreamly tempted to put a little more attention on them bettingwise, I mean theres some very serious money in them thar hills, but unlike tris and pck 3s Iam pretty much convinced you need a single on top and at least an $80 tri underneath, 4hses to plc, 5 to shw, and 7 for the 4th spot, thats 8 horses with a single on top, I mean its tough enough doppen out a solid winner but when you get to that 3rd and 4th spot, man for the most part you can just throw your figs out the window cause anything and that includes anything can happen. anything less and it just turns into a bigger risk then it already is.

I mean it just seems like $80 would have to be the minmum to lodgically put into a superfecta.
whadt da you think sup? any ADvice?

free
You are a man after my own heart....but my advice is to stay small when it comes to the tri and sup.Key one horse and don't go betting all longshots to hit a biggie.Take a look at the tracks you play and what they pay.Some tracks don't pay very much even with long priced horses ITM.So cal tracks are notorious for that.Texas tracks usually pay well (more dumb money?)with favs and mid priced horses.It amazes me sometimes when a exacta pays 20-30 bucks and the tri pays 200+.And the super pays in the 1000's.
Which is why I think these are the most efficient bets to make.You don't need to drop alot in the race to hit.I know some players that stay under $24 ,keying a horse for first and another for second,and fanning out for third and fourth.I stay under 10 bucks for most races .If you feel you got to play alot of combos,the race is probably too hard to hit in the first place.My specialty is hitting those higher odds horses that hit the board,but I can't get very many at short odds.I don't know why.
My advice is basic,play only those races you got a "feel" for ,don't be afraid to pass a race that looks contentious.By this I mean a race that looks hard to pick to you.Someone else may not see it that way.Play small,don't swing for the fence until you get some of the tracks money under your belt,then feel free.Remember you can be wrong alot and still make money by hitting just once.Gotta go put my son to bed,check you later.