Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-10-2018, 05:46 PM   #61
Bluto Blutarsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
LOL

I never get tired of it.
Bluto Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 07:25 PM   #62
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
At about 1:50 minutes into the drone overhead video, we hear one of the jockeys yell “Indy”...does anyone recognize the voice...? It sounds like some kind of signal, maybe that Noble Indy is backing out of it or something...strange...maybe a signal to someone else...? Other than that, we do
At the 1:50 minute mark in the drone overhead video replay, it sounds like a jockey is calling out something like “Is he” but it is difficult to understand...was wondering if anybody could recognize the voice or what was said and why...?

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/2018...s-triple-crown
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 07:31 PM   #63
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
even Repole admits his two riders were to work as a team, a rabbit and a closer, so he isnt even complaining as states the other team did it better

“Justify’s a freak, super horse, undefeated, amazing what he’s done,” Repole said. “Who knows if he would have won the race anyway? We’ll never know. At the end of the day Bob had a game plan for his two jockeys, we had a game plan for our two jockeys. His two jockeys executed his plan, Johnny executed our plan and Javier didn’t execute the plan.”
Repole is now and has always been a POS in my book. Of course Indy was entered to try and set it up. This has been going on forever. Repole knows it and continues to show the type of whiner he is.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 07:35 PM   #64
nancy4487

Justify shot out of the gate like a missile. He was so much the best, and the overhead to me makes it even more clear no one was catching him.
nancy4487 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 07:41 PM   #65
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
even Repole admits his two riders were to work as a team, a rabbit and a closer, so he isnt even complaining as states the other team did it better

“Justify’s a freak, super horse, undefeated, amazing what he’s done,” Repole said. “Who knows if he would have won the race anyway? We’ll never know. At the end of the day Bob had a game plan for his two jockeys, we had a game plan for our two jockeys. His two jockeys executed his plan, Johnny executed our plan and Javier didn’t execute the plan.”
If Johnny V executed their plan then Repole/Pletcher drew up a bad plan. No way Vino Rosso should have been that close to the pace.

Last edited by metro; 06-10-2018 at 07:44 PM.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 07:58 PM   #66
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
At the 1:50 minute mark in the drone overhead video replay, it sounds like a jockey is calling out something like “Is he” but it is difficult to understand...was wondering if anybody could recognize the voice or what was said and why...?

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/2018...s-triple-crown

I found some better video.

Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 07:59 PM   #67
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggae View Post
He boxed Bravazo into the rail behind Justify until the last half mile. When Vino Rosso moved up to second Restoring Hope dropped out and was no longer needed. Bravazo couldn't see daylight until the end of the final turn and by that point he had run Baffert's race so long he had no chance. Restoring Hope unquestionably helped Justify.
Bravazo had a perfect trip. If Saez had wanted that two wide, lapped on, trip he could have gotten position for it within the 1st quarter mile, instead he relinquished it to Geroux/Restoring Hope and he dropped Bravazo into a perfect spot right behind the leader. Just came up empty when called upon midway through the final turn.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 08:08 PM   #68
Hambletonian

I have a real problem when uncoupled stablemates work together to assist the chances of one at the expense of the other.

The bettors who used Restoring Hope had their horse piloted by a guy who did not spend one second concerned with assuring his mount of its best possible finish position. Undoubtedly under instructions by the trainer.
Hambletonian is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 08:14 PM   #69
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambletonian View Post
I have a real problem when uncoupled stablemates work together to assist the chances of one at the expense of the other.

The bettors who used Restoring Hope had their horse piloted by a guy who did not spend one second concerned with assuring his mount of its best possible finish position. Undoubtedly under instructions by the trainer.
It is terrible. I know people will say "buyer beware", but that isn't exactly something that is going to draw a new or casual fan to the sport. Horsemen know there won't be any repercussions so they openly admit it now as Repole did.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 08:44 PM   #70
jay68802

Didn't this happen at Santa Anita recently? I think the trainer entered a claimer in a stakes race and the stewards did not allow him to run the horse because he stated it was a "rabbit". Seems it only matters who is doing it.

I thought this was a possibility before the race. After watching the replay a few times, I think it did. Really looks like Prat saw that Noble Indy got a good break and went after that horse to keep him away and wide of Justify.

Stinks that it happened this way.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 08:54 PM   #71
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Didn't this happen at Santa Anita recently? I think the trainer entered a claimer in a stakes race and the stewards did not allow him to run the horse because he stated it was a "rabbit". Seems it only matters who is doing it.

I thought this was a possibility before the race. After watching the replay a few times, I think it did. Really looks like Prat saw that Noble Indy got a good break and went after that horse to keep him away and wide of Justify.

Stinks that it happened this way.
Yes, but almost sure it was in New York.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:54 PM   #72
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
It is terrible. I know people will say "buyer beware", but that isn't exactly something that is going to draw a new or casual fan to the sport. Horsemen know there won't be any repercussions so they openly admit it now as Repole did.
Bettors hated coupling but there was wisdom to it.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2018, 08:56 PM   #73
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Yes, but almost sure it was in New York.
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/t...ntry-woodward/
Old 06-10-2018, 08:58 PM   #74
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Bettors hated coupling but there was wisdom to it.
I'm not a fan of it, but horsemen are clearly abusing the uncoupled entries now. If stewards aren't going to do their jobs then we need coupling to return.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:01 PM   #75
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Quote, “Justify’s a freak, super horse, undefeated, amazing what he’s done,” Repole said. “Who knows if he would have won the race anyway? We’ll never know. At the end of the day Bob had a game plan for his two jockeys, we had a game plan for our two jockeys. His two jockeys executed his plan, Johnny executed our plan and Javier didn’t execute the plan.” End Quote.

It doesn’t get more transparent than that...tough for the fan to guess the “intentions” of the horsemen and the jockeys, And their various “plans” executed, not executed, calling “audibles”, etc...uncoupled entry “teams” ...and why wouldn’t the crews be tactical like this...? It has been part of racing since, forever...like Tom hints at...

The rational, you know, is, we do it cause we all know the competition does it also, and we got to stay ahead of the competition, right...?
https://vlipsy.com/vlip/o-brother-wh...ition-7v4LV6Ij

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 06-10-2018 at 09:09 PM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: