Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-10-2023, 10:01 AM   #16
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMONT 6-6-09 View Post
Thank you Ralph!!! I loved the article and i agree 100%. I am just not convinced we wont be bailing them out when they go under. I hope i am wrong. And i am a life long NYC resident and work for the city.
I kind of posted it tongue in cheek…..but the guy makes good points.

New York keeps voting for these idiots……..

I hope it turns around. You obviously see it every day. I feel for ya.

I gave the article its own thread too
Old 09-10-2023, 10:30 AM   #17
BELMONT 6-6-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I kind of posted it tongue in cheek…..but the guy makes good points.

New York keeps voting for these idiots……..

I hope it turns around. You obviously see it every day. I feel for ya.

I gave the article its own thread too
Restraint only goes so far as you know.
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2023, 10:35 AM   #18
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I don't believe these "migrants" are the cause of the city's financial problems.

It's all the COVID bullshit coming home to roost...they will blame it on the migrants because it's convenient and it might bring in some federal relief.

COVID kicked the shit out of NYC...of course it was their own doing with their insane policies of lockdowns for months.

Now they have empty office buildings and fewer people paying to ride public transportation...permanently...that's a helluva revenue cut for a city that was barely hanging on to begin with pre-COVID.

The "migrants" might be the straw that broke the back, but it certainly wasn't the cause...this would have happened eventually anyway.

I called it from the start.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-10-2023 at 10:36 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2023, 11:15 AM   #19
BELMONT 6-6-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I don't believe these "migrants" are the cause of the city's financial problems.

It's all the COVID bullshit coming home to roost...they will blame it on the migrants because it's convenient and it might bring in some federal relief.

COVID kicked the shit out of NYC...of course it was their own doing with their insane policies of lockdowns for months.

Now they have empty office buildings and fewer people paying to ride public transportation...permanently...that's a helluva revenue cut for a city that was barely hanging on to begin with pre-COVID.

The "migrants" might be the straw that broke the back, but it certainly wasn't the cause...this would have happened eventually anyway.

I called it from the start.
This implosion has been building ever since "The self proclaimed king mayor" Bloomberg left office. I am glad that it is all happening because a few times a week i hear complaints from the liberals that i come in contact with. And i PROUDLY TELL THEM YOU MUST HAVE WANTED ALL THIS MESS BECAUSE YOU VOTED FOR IT. Ha ha most of them are flabbergasted and have no response.
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2023, 12:18 PM   #20
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman View Post
I don’t understand … how can NYC be overwhelmed by immigrants when they strengthen the economy and bring such much-needed vibrancy and diversity to the city?

Shocking how many Democrats believe that. The issue is most of our immigrants aren't accomplished people, not many of them have the potential
to earn enough in the near future or probably even distant future to pay taxes to compensate for their burden.

From the California Department of Education.

How much does public education cost in California?

The total overall funding (federal, state, and local) for all K–12 education programs is $124.3 billion, with per-pupil spending of $21,596 in 2021–22.

During the southern border invasion how many of those families even pay enough in taxes to put one kid through High School? Usually that statement makes liberals respond with:

"We are a nation of immigrants" obviously too damn out of it to realize, someone who showed up at Ellis Island did not get put up in 5 star hotels and get instantly set up with food, shelter, medical care, and an education. An education that impacts the education of people who have lived here for generations.

Anyone who has to deal with people entering the workforce for the first

time realize for a good part of it our K-12 schools system turns out helpless baby chicks.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2023, 12:53 PM   #21
davew

When I went through grade school, handheld calculators were just coming out.

I am SHOCKED that most cashiers at drive throughs can not handle change if I give them some other than the exact number on the bill.

NYC needs to be able to cope with their fair share based on population, not land area.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2023, 01:05 PM   #22
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
When I went through grade school, handheld calculators were just coming out.

I am SHOCKED that most cashiers at drive throughs can not handle change if I give them some other than the exact number on the bill.

NYC needs to be able to cope with their fair share based on population, not land area.

Like the tab is $16.97 and you give them $17.02. I lost count how may times I get the two pennies back with 3 more.
Old 09-10-2023, 01:24 PM   #23
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Mayor Adsams just announced thre new NYC Anthem.

Old 09-11-2023, 01:26 AM   #24
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Here it comes

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...risis-00114879
Old 09-11-2023, 02:02 AM   #25
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

They should probably defund the police some more
Old 09-11-2023, 10:51 AM   #26
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Watching TV today, the 9/11 shows, jow far NYC has sunk, from
America's Mayor to thid sla-happy idiot.

Al Qwsa could not destroy the Big Apple, but democrats did.
Old 11-16-2023, 09:43 PM   #27
davew

gonna sink more as billionaires leave and services cut to pay for 120,000 in 'sanctuary'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...C-library.html
Old 11-16-2023, 10:39 PM   #28
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
gonna sink more as billionaires leave and services cut to pay for 120,000 in 'sanctuary'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...C-library.html

I believe every Democrat that can make financial decisions effecting taxpayers should have to test high enough to pass what would be required
of a 70's or before Economic 101 High School student. The amount of money they throw at things is flat out insane. Mayor Adams is a dumbass that probably could not operate a mid 70's calculator. I still think no one can top Mayor "the educated idiot" Pete for proposing $50 Billion for EV battery technology improvement.
Old 11-16-2023, 10:56 PM   #29
jimmyb

24,000 migrants in Massachusetts are being housed in shelters, hotels and motels. Governor Healey urged the federal government to take action and allow more funding to come into the state to continue offering services and helping more migrant families. She has yet to hear back from the Federal Government.

While in Springfield on Wednesday, Western Mass News asked Governor Healey if she is still considering Westfield State University as a possible shelter location.

“We are still, we are still in discussions there. Again, we are not ending the right to shelter,” said Healey.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2023, 11:04 PM   #30
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I believe every Democrat that can make financial decisions effecting taxpayers should have to test high enough to pass what would be required
of a 70's or before Economic 101 High School student. The amount of money they throw at things is flat out insane. Mayor Adams is a dumbass that probably could not operate a mid 70's calculator. I still think no one can top Mayor "the educated idiot" Pete for proposing $50 Billion for EV battery technology improvement.
can't have thermal runaway