Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:04 AM   #691
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I have no control over how vBulletin was designed. This is how they created this rep feature.

I could turn the feature off...but we've come this far.

And your rating is quite high, so it's impossible that you're receiving all sorts of negative ratings.

It's actually a fairly reliable system the way I see things.
Because my rating is reasonably high, does that mean that I shouldn't complain when an anonymous coward sends me a red card with a message that I am an "idiot"...or a "dumb-ass"? Why should people be allowed to hurl anonymous insults when the receiver of those messages is only posting honest opinions phrased in a civil manner? Would it be a disservice to those anonymous morons if their name was revealed to the receiver of these messages?
Old 01-22-2019, 02:06 AM   #692
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Be glad that you only received a "biased" comment...instead of the more "colorful" commentary that some of my OWN posts have garnered me here, from some of our "sinister, wretched" CONSERVATIVE brethren who like to hurl anonymous insults. I assure you that the "wretchedness" and the 'pettiness' go both ways. I'll never understand why PA-Mike feels that these cowards deserve the protection of anonymity.

I will plead guilty to the charge of conservatism, but agree with the post. The majority of us post behind anonymous screen names. It makes no sense to allow posts from people who are so ashamed of their personal comments that they won't even post them under a recognized user name.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:09 AM   #693
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

If anyone receives a comment they feel is out of line, PM me and I'll look into it.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:28 AM   #694
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
If anyone receives a comment they feel is out of line, PM me and I'll look into it.
Negative comments in the User CP Reputation ratings are generally void of content or detail. It is often hard to figure out what someone is talking about, even if rebuttal was allowed. They usually have an intellectual content on the level of something like "You suck"!
Old 01-22-2019, 06:58 AM   #695
tucker6

Don't use it. Don't care about it. If someone is using the anonymous features to name call, that says far more about them and their debating abilities than anything else I can imagine.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2019, 07:36 AM   #696
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
A tax cut and a YUGE increase in deficit spending? Brilliant! How does that fit in with his promise to eliminate the debt in 8 years?

But in a rare moment of honesty, The Donald said that he won't be around when the bill comes due.
Good luck to you getting a Tax increase in 2020, anything that is a threat to the welfare state I am for. Much of the next battle is ready by "The Donald" for you so called conservatives, the posts and conversations for that one are not long away from now. When the time comes we will do the same thing to you and elect President Trump again, so much for your desire for policy change.

Last edited by fast4522; 01-22-2019 at 07:37 AM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2019, 08:02 AM   #697
tucker6

Quote:
A tax cut and a YUGE increase in deficit spending? Brilliant! How does that fit in with his promise to eliminate the debt in 8 years?

But in a rare moment of honesty, The Donald said that he won't be around when the bill comes due.
So Trump as you've said shouldn't get credit for job creation since he isn't the employers doing the heavy lifting, but you're more than willing to give him credit for the deficit even though in his first year the budget was already approved and in reality deficits are shared by both the executive and legislative branches. Do you see how you come across as a never Trumper when you pick the most negative positions with regard to Trump rather than be more even handed?

I don't believe presidents should get direct credit or blame for job creation or deficits. Presidents create the proper environment for our country to thrive. Many other hands do the heavy lifting. Same as in corporations. If being a great CEO were easy, why do so many fail. The answer lies with creating the proper environment for others to flourish. That is what Trump is doing better than the last two presidents imo. I thought Clinton did a good job too.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:34 AM   #698
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
He hasn't done anything about the wall during two years in office, and all of a sudden the sky is falling?

Or all of a sudden he is in a pissing contest with a Nancy Pelosi?
Sell, now we have all those caravans topping the news, and the uproar about seperating kids under the 0bama Cage Plan, so he has to up the urgency.
His latest offer has some very good things in it, things that will be good for that nation. The senate is taking it up today.

So we have the WH and the Senate making offers, working to end it and the Abbott and Costello of the DNC dragging it out.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:42 AM   #699
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Sell, now we have all those caravans topping the news, and the uproar about seperating kids under the 0bama Cage Plan, so he has to up the urgency.
His latest offer has some very good things in it, things that will be good for that nation. The senate is taking it up today.

So we have the WH and the Senate making offers, working to end it and the Abbott and Costello of the DNC dragging it out.
The President's deal is a non-starter. Fist of all his Saturday speech is a complete lie now as this bill also completely rewrites asylum laws... something he failed to mention that will show he still can't negotiate in good faith.

Second, Mitch said there would be no vote until the Democrats and President came to an agreement. This is Mitch's first goalpost move and I'm not sure its a smart one for him... it inserts Senate R's back into the eye of public scrutiny.

To me this seems like another attempt by the White House to shift blame again on the shutdown to Democrats. I doubt it will work with the public. He should have started with this back in early December not over a month into a shutdown. Time and polling will tell the tale.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:55 AM   #700
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Oh well, come midnight, another paycheck is missed.
Lots of good stuff in the bill. Things the country needs.
Not a concern of the democrats.
The country never is a concern for them.

If I were not getting paid, I would see Trump offering a compromise and Pelosi using me as a pawn.

People will learn.
Wait until it if 5,6 7 checks not received.......
Old 01-22-2019, 09:57 AM   #701
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
The President's deal is a non-starter. Fist of all his Saturday speech is a complete lie now as this bill also completely rewrites asylum laws... something he failed to mention that will show he still can't negotiate in good faith.

Second, Mitch said there would be no vote until the Democrats and President came to an agreement. This is Mitch's first goalpost move and I'm not sure its a smart one for him... it inserts Senate R's back into the eye of public scrutiny.

To me this seems like another attempt by the White House to shift blame again on the shutdown to Democrats. I doubt it will work with the public. He should have started with this back in early December not over a month into a shutdown. Time and polling will tell the tale.
A simple reminder from the Democrats that with a GOP White House,GOP House and a GOP Senate for two years, the Republicans still couldn't get anything done on the Wall.100 % on them.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2019, 10:03 AM   #702
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
A simple reminder from the Democrats that with a GOP White House,GOP House and a GOP Senate for two years, the Republicans still couldn't get anything done on the Wall.100 % on them.
If they had started down this path at the beginning they could have made the argument they are trying to actually make a deal... It may not have worked perfectly but public opinion on the blame game wouldn't have been as completely lopsided as it is now.

Problem is this was a tantrum and this offer was off the table because of the President. He's now reading the polls too and that he's losing this fight. So now he's more receptive to it. Problem is Democrats see those same numbers and know there is blood in the water and its not theirs... no reason to move for them. Longer it goes more it hurts Trump.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:05 AM   #703
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Oh well, come midnight, another paycheck is missed.
Lots of good stuff in the bill. Things the country needs.
Not a concern of the democrats.
The country never is a concern for them.

If I were not getting paid, I would see Trump offering a compromise and Pelosi using me as a pawn.

People will learn.
Wait until it if 5,6 7 checks not received.......
Or...

People will be pissed the President has decided to take them hostage and risk their paychecks in the first place.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:16 AM   #704
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Or...

People will be pissed the President has decided to take them hostage and risk their paychecks in the first place.
Or, wait for it now, the Dems are using workers in an attempt to gain public sympathy.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:40 AM   #705
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
you're more than willing to give him credit for the deficit even though in his first year the budget was already approved and in reality deficits are shared by both the executive and legislative branches. Do you see how you come across as a never Trumper when you pick the most negative positions with regard to Trump rather than be more even handed?
I give him "credit" for allowing an increase in the debt despite his promise to eliminate it. The president can play a role in the budget process, and there is no indication that Trump played any role in the large deficit spending bill. He said he hated it even as he signed it.

I am just pointing out another big campaign promise that he totally ignored once he got in office. Why am I required to point out something good, like his judicial appointments, every time I point out something bad? Why am I attacked as a Never Trumper for pointing out the truth while supporters ignore the issues I discuss?

Ironic that the criticism I get here for telling the truth about Trump is pretty much the same as I got from the lefties for telling the truth about Obama.