Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-24-2016, 02:59 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Trump now LEADS in the RCP average of polls...insane!

The Donald was down double digits only four or five weeks ago.

Now he's AHEAD? In the REAL CLEAR POLITICS average of polls?

Wow.

The Hillary supporters and anti-Trumpets heads must be going nuclear trying to comprehend how he was able to make up such vast ground in such a short period of time.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...nton-5491.html
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2016, 03:37 PM   #2
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
The Donald was down double digits only four or five weeks ago.

Now he's AHEAD? In the REAL CLEAR POLITICS average of polls?

Wow.

The Hillary supporters and anti-Trumpets heads must be going nuclear trying to comprehend how he was able to make up such vast ground in such a short period of time.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...nton-5491.html
I explained all this in the Hillary Clinton thread. In case you missed it, here it is again.

Meaningless.
First, it is within the margin of error.
Second, Trump got a boost because he is now the presumptive nominee on the Republican side. Hillary will get the same boost when she clinches the Democratic nomination. (Probably June 7)
Third, in case you missed it in eighth grade civics class, we don't elect presidents on the basis of a national popular vote. We have an electoral college based on the voting in each individual state. Head to head in those states in which polling has taken place, Clinton leads Trump by 4-1.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:40 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
I explained all this in the Hillary Clinton thread. In case you missed it, here it is again.

Meaningless.
Second, Trump got a boost because he is now the presumptive nominee on the Republican side. Hillary will get the same boost when she clinches the Democratic nomination. (Probably June 7)
Third, in case you missed it in eighth grade civics class, we don't elect presidents on the basis of a national popular vote. We have an electoral college based on the voting in each individual state. Head to head in those states in which polling has taken place, Clinton leads Trump by 4-1.
You don't get a 10-11 point bump by being the presumptive nominee. And especially not if you're Donald Trump, who couldn't even get the support of his own party around him after becoming the presumptive nominee.

Tell me THAT should result in a 10 point bump and I'll tell you that you have no idea what you're talking about.

A 10 point move in four weeks in May is insane. We're talking about Donald Trump here...the most hated politician in America...

Try again.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-24-2016 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:43 PM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Earth to mostpost...Trump was behind by over TEN POINTS in an AVERAGE OF POLLS...not just one biased poll...but an AVERAGE of DIFFERENT POLLS.

He has since made up this entire deficit and edged ahead (by a mere .1 or .2 percent, but ahead nonetheless) in the span of 4-6 weeks.

Either Hillary committed murder and nobody told me, or something else politically amazing is going on....

Not even a convention gives a candidate that kind of boost...
Old 05-24-2016, 03:48 PM   #5
lamboguy

i had these numbers about a month ago and not a sole here believed me. not that it really bothers me one way or the other, but i did notice that since these public polls have tilted in favor of Trump the guy with --------- as his username is missing in action on this board.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2016, 04:51 PM   #6
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost

Meaningless.
You're sounding like me last Nov/Dec/this Jan. Don't underestimate Trump.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2016, 07:15 PM   #7
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Either Hillary committed murder and nobody told me, or something else politically amazing is going on....
If she did, the Main Stream Media wouldn't report it.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2016, 07:18 PM   #8
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 'StatMan'
If she did, the Main Stream Media wouldn't report it.
And George Soros probably funded it.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:19 PM   #9
fast4522

I think polls shift rapidly, no matter what Mostpost says they could shift back in favor to Clinton before November. But if they do not and the polls start trending every month until November in one direction we all can start to consider them accurate. The time we are in is different from the past, just like 1960 was really different with television's effect. Myself I don't do twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or any of the other things that I have found no use for. But I realize that they are having a big effect this and the last couple times around. What the polls are trending over the summer and into the fall we will all witness together, as well as those shoveling shit against the tide with unending support.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2016, 08:20 PM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
And George Soros probably funded it.
Vin Foster, but at this point, what difference does it make?
Old 05-24-2016, 08:35 PM   #11
Shemp Howard
Refugee from Bowie

The truth hurts.
Shemp Howard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2016, 09:40 PM   #12
_______
Veteran

So long as we all are in agreement that the RCP average of polls is a good measure of voter sentiment, I'm good.

I'll be interested how long that consensus holds. Mostly what I've commented on is the conflict between actual poll results and what some posters have alleged was their own secret measures.

And so far, Massachussetes is still blue.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2016, 10:01 PM   #13
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______
So long as we all are in agreement that the RCP average of polls is a good measure of voter sentiment, I'm good.

I'll be interested how long that consensus holds. Mostly what I've commented on is the conflict between actual poll results and what some posters have alleged was their own secret measures.

And so far, Massachussetes is still blue.
RCP has been a highly accurate guide for both of President Obama's winning campaigns.

Highly!

Now in both, as I recall off the top of my head, he went ahead by a few percentage points nationally and stayed ahead- aside from the odd Rasmussen/ Fox News poll.

Far more importantly are the polls of the individual key states. Clinton is still ahead in New Hampshire, Florida & Ohio, of course, Mass, N.Y., Pa, Cal, Tied in
Virginia and why is Trump only up by 3 in Georgia? Have the demographics changed there?

Point being, Trump can roll it up in the Deep South, including Texas and perhaps Wisconsin. But, he still has a loooooong way to go to take those Blue/Purple States.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2016, 10:58 PM   #14
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
Far more importantly are the polls of the individual key states. Clinton is still ahead in New Hampshire, Florida & Ohio, of course, Mass, N.Y., Pa, Cal, Tied in Virginia and why is Trump only up by 3 in Georgia? Have the demographics changed there?

Point being, Trump can roll it up in the Deep South, including Texas and perhaps Wisconsin. But, he still has a loooooong way to go to take those Blue/Purple States.
You are absolutely correct...at this point in time.

A few points. Atlanta has a lot to do with how Georgia will go--it's very blue and has a very large population. With a large state wide turnout the Republicans should prevail.

To be fair some of the state by state contests are very close and within the statistical margin of error...The fact that he's close in Pennsylvania has got to be shocking to many.

Ohio and Florida are a virtual tie, and you can expect both parties to spend a lot of time there, but if Trump starts to pull away in those two states--lookout.
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2016, 11:28 PM   #15
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32
You are absolutely correct...at this point in time.

Ohio and Florida are a virtual tie, and you can expect both parties to spend a lot of time there, but if Trump starts to pull away in those two states--lookout.
At this juncture, I have allocated several 'Toss Ups', so that Clinton is leading 256-197.

This means that Trump has to sweep 4 in doubt: Ohio, FL, Virginia & N.C.

Let us see what happens before Labour Day.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply