Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-11-2020, 04:46 PM   #16
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
Poindexter. Let's hope the apparent deceptions pointed out in your post are limited, and scientific thinking and responsibility prevails, else it's back to the dark ages.
Actually Poindexter is correct. Completely correct. I have 70 employees that interact one on one with 75 clients each week. 400 times that happens each week out in client homes. That's 12,000 times since this pandemic started. We don't control what the client does when we aren't there and we don't control what our aides do when they aren't working. EVERY single client is at risk due to pre-existing issues. Many are north of 75. If covid was so singularly deadly that we should hide in our basements trembling, why is it that no client nor aide has ever had covid. Only one aide had a family member get covid and we still sent the aide (with precautions and a thorough understanding of the contact)) and she didn't catch covid. All I'm saying is that covid really isn't that scary. IT JUST ISN'T. You and Harry breathlessly scaremonger every day by releasing some blah, blah, blah paper or study when the reality on the ground is actually quite different. Even nursing homes can be quite safe with a few simple precautions. If you choose to tweak your business practices even just a little as we did, covid is pretty much a non-issue.

So just know that when you scaremonger on here, some of us deal with it on the ground every day and know the truth. You've heard the difference between book smart and street smart. Always bet on the street smart people for things like this. Tried and true is a hell of a lot better than "expected" and "suggests" and "conclude". Those are words from statistics, and because my background is economics, I know the fallacy of following statistics to conclude what real life looks like. Otherwise, we'd all win the 9th at Saratoga wouldn't we?

Last edited by tucker6; 10-11-2020 at 04:53 PM.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2020, 04:47 PM   #17
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Not only that, but hospital get paid more to care for Covid patients. A LOT more.
I can see there is no intelligent conversation to be had here.

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2020, 04:51 PM   #18
zico20

Quote:
That exact scenario happened in FL. A death by motorcycle became a Covid death because he tested positive after the fact.
Did you ever stop to think that maybe someone saw him coughing due to the virus and that is what caused him to crash and die.
Old 10-11-2020, 05:01 PM   #19
bpiets
Veteran

It will be interesting to see what happens now that flu season is here and the mutations that occur...there was news that last week two new serious strains were running rampant in China ...two new plagues...besides, I think that these spikes come from interstate folks moving around , like truck drivers and the products not having been checked for the China virus...esspecialy via international deliveries...that is likely the problem...
bpiets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2020, 05:01 PM   #20
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
I can see there is no intelligent conversation to be had here.
https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/...nts/112873160/

"Yes, hospitals get an additional 20% for Medicare patients treated for COVID-19"

Idiot (I'm talking to you Formula)
Old 10-11-2020, 05:05 PM   #21
bpiets
Veteran

Another problem is that many folks of all ages are on various medications which indicates folks immune systems are weakened to start with...children are not generally on a drug implemented programs...so thier immune systems are not compromised as such...
bpiets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2020, 05:07 PM   #22
chrisl

My Q's on all of this is the homeless. Nobody has reported any major outbreak in the homeless community. They live on top of each other. Many have very weak immune systems. They live like cord wood in the shelters. Nothing at all.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2020, 05:09 PM   #23
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
My Q's on all of this is the homeless. Nobody has reported any major outbreak in the homeless community. They live on top of each other. Many have very weak immune systems. They live like cord wood in the shelters. Nothing at all.
We wonders why we don't hear of rampant deaths among the homeless. Yes, we wonders greatly.

(an adaptation from JRR Tolkien character Gollum)
Old 10-11-2020, 05:12 PM   #24
thaskalos

Does anybody really monitor the deaths of the homeless? I haven't read any reports on the lifespan of the average homeless person.
Old 10-11-2020, 05:16 PM   #25
lamboguy

the majority of the deaths came at the beginning of the whole cycle when the leading states were New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. during those months with the higher deathrate the hospitals were treating their patients with self induced comma's. this is when every expert were predicting 2 million deaths this year.. now they stopped the comma's and cut down the deaths dramatically.

this still doesn't mean that this virus didn't cause plenty of breathing and lung problems along with less than normal nervous systems..

here is the bottom line: YOU DON'T WANT TO CONTRACT THE CORONA
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2020, 05:17 PM   #26
chrisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Does anybody really monitor the deaths of the homeless? I haven't read any reports on the lifespan of the average homeless person.
Did you duck or did that just sail over your head. Whoosh!
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2020, 05:18 PM   #27
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Ask and ye shall receive...

https://endhomelessness.org/homeless...UaAufbEALw_wcB

From the article:

COVID-19 Vulnerable. According to the CDC, some individuals are at higher risk of becoming seriously ill from COVID-19. They include older adults age 65 and over. However, people experiencing homelessness age faster than housed people. Research indicates they have physical conditions that mirror those of people 15-20 years older than them. On a single day, an estimated 202,623 single adults experiencing homelessness are over age 50, suggesting they may be uniquely vulnerable to becoming seriously ill during the pandemic crisis.

An additional CDC-identified risk group is people with pre-existing health conditions. Before the current crisis, growing numbers were experiencing unsheltered homelessness—a living situation associated with poor health. A recent study sampled unsheltered individuals from across the country, finding 84 percent self-reporting existing physical health conditions. Only 19 percent of people in shelters said the same.

How ya doing Gus?
Old 10-11-2020, 05:20 PM   #28
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

here is the bottom line: YOU DON'T WANT TO CONTRACT THE CORONA
Didn't seem to effect Trump too much. Seemed like the flu bug.
Old 10-11-2020, 05:22 PM   #29
boxcar

Quote:
We wonders why we don't hear of rampant deaths among the homeless. Yes, we wonders greatly.

(an adaptation from JRR Tolkien character Gollum)
Excellent observation! One would think that these kinds of people would be very near the top of High Risk.
Old 10-11-2020, 05:32 PM   #30
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Excellent observation! One would think that these kinds of people would be very near the top of High Risk.
You would think wouldn't you. I guess that's why the left is smarter than you and I.

It's kids we need to protect I'm told, even though only 0.003% who get covid die from it. For you folks at home, that's 3 in 100,000 under the age of 14. Versus 14 out of 100 for those over 85 who die. 145 death rate for those over 85. But let's keep kids of out school and pack nursing homes with covid patients. Stupid is wildly understating what has happened. It's like a room full of people trying to convince you that the sun is actually green and not yellow. Completely exasperating.

Last edited by tucker6; 10-11-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: