Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 07:21 PM   #9886
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post

Absolutely. informed opinions are preferred.
Advanced Education or training in one area doesn't mean that one is "informed" in a host of other areas.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #9887
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Geisler is Norm's last name. And it's no word game. Total Agnosticism is self-refuting because in order to make a rational, meaningful statement about man's inability to know God or God's inability to make himself known, one must have some real knowledge about that which is unknown or unknowable. But if one does have some real knowledge, then total agnosticism contradicts itself.

On the other hand, if one admits to having no real knowledge of God, then the philosophy is meaningless. At best, it is pure conjecture. At worst, a laughable absurdity.
Here we have an "argument" that attempts to defend a word game with yet another laughable display of semantic ambiguity that in no way supports the conclusion that agnosticism is self refuting.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:52 PM   #9888
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Advanced Education or training in one area doesn't mean that one is "informed" in a host of other areas.
Trying to claim before comes after after, and after comes before before, is pure lunacy, no matter your formal education.

Boxcar's entire time thesis is one tremendous word game.
Unable to be tested practically in any way. When asked for the terms of his wager, he ducks the question because he knows he is selling a pig in a poke, and will spring more silly word games to be debated for pages and pages with his convoluted rhetoric

Scientifically and philosophically he has disqualified himself.

Last edited by hcap; 02-25-2019 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:54 PM   #9889
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
You asked:

If one has degrees and courses on a resume, does that make a person's opinion more important than if one doesn't?

Absolutely. informed opinions are preferred.
Tell that to the "global warming is a hoax" crowd.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:03 PM   #9890
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Tell that to the "global warming is a hoax" crowd.
I have tied in vaibn numerous times. Surprised boxcar is not claiming it is a cosmic conspiracy set up by democrats and liberals to finagle taxpayers out of their hard earned bucks.

Guess he is too busy reading his clocks backwards.
Salvadore Dali rings a bell.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:25 PM   #9891
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Trying to claim before comes after afer and after becomes before is pure lunacy, no matter your formal education.

Boxcar's entire time thesis is oned tremendous word game.
Unable to be tested practically in any way. When asked for the terms of his wager, he ducks the question because he knows he is selling a pig in a poke, and will spring more silly word games to be debated for pages and pages with his convoluted rhetoric
Why can't you ever be honest for once!? Why!? I have indeed proved my "arrow of time" thesis conclusively by Natural Revelation that is known and understood universally by all. The Future always come to us out of one direction to become the Past in the opposite direction. The Future always comes to us from the East to become the Past in the West. And this can only leave the Present at where we are at any given moment in between the two. And this is what I have always maintained is the logical flow of the stream of Time. And Mother Nature proves this!

Quote:
Scientifically and philosophically he has disqualified himself.
Then if you're so cock-sure of this, find your backbone and accept the terms to my wager and quit lying about that too! AGAIN, here is what I posted earlier today in 9867. I listed the four conditions, three of which you must meet when I win. Tell me what parts of 9867 are over your head. I'll graciously condescend to take you by the hand and walk you through it.

From my 9867:
already stated them. I'll wager anything you can afford to lose. I'm waiting for PA. He must be in hibernation or something. (Is the weather cold up in Noo Yawk?)

In the course of everyday human activities, effects often precede causes. You categorically deny that this is true. So, herein this disagreement is the foundation for a little friendly wager.

Of course, if we don't hear from PA because the earth swallowed him or something, I would suggest another kind of wager.

When I win my wager, you must do three specific things:

Answer the following two questions with only a "yes" or "no":

1. When you raised your children, did you teach them that it was okay to implicitly trust strangers?

2. Is the Uncertainty Principle absolutely true?

And then the third question:

Where in your "arrow of time" scheme is the Present located relevant to the Past and Present? In other words, you must lay out your "arrow of time" telling us where all three elements of Time are relevant to each other.

Now...if I lose, I agree to not post on this thread for one year from the date you accept the terms of the wager.

And who gets to decide if my answer is really proof? Once I reveal how effects can often precede causes in normal, everyday human activities, it will become self-evident to all. The answer has always been hiding in plain sight.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:31 PM   #9892
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Here we have an "argument" that attempts to defend a word game with yet another laughable display of semantic ambiguity that in no way supports the conclusion that agnosticism is self refuting.
Wow! We have a giant among gnats in Hank. I bet you could give a rock a run for its money.

In fact, I bet you're so smart that you can demonstrate for us, using the Law of Noncontradiction, how wrong I was in stating that total agnosticism violates this Law.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:19 PM   #9893
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
It also enables you to stereotype whoever you ask that sort of question to.
I'm trying to think of something that doesn't sound derogatory. I think you meant categorize, not stereotype. I haven't known anyone else out on the third standard deviation of religious zealotry more so than boxcar. I've known plenty of devout people, but not quite to the level of boxcar.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:22 PM   #9894
HalvOnHorseracing

I believe effect comes before cause as long as you are time traveling.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:39 AM   #9895
hcap

Quote:
Why can't you ever be honest for once!? Why!? I have indeed proved my "arrow of time" thesis conclusively by Natural Revelation that is known and understood universally by all. The Future always come to us out of one direction to become the Past in the opposite direction. The Future always comes to us from the East to become the Past in the West. And this can only leave the Present at where we are at any given moment in between the two. And this is what I have always maintained is the logical flow of the stream of Time. And Mother Nature proves this!
Pathetic! See a shrink.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:58 AM   #9896
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
I am waiting for a practical example. Not another incoherent rant. That's why any sane person requires details of your so-called wager.

Your backwards time thesis can not be tested in any way. Incredible convoluted word games about tine coming out of the East becoming the Present receding into the Past and the West, is monumentally absurd.

What are the terms of your bet? Do you think you could even give coherent terms in English, or is babbling boxcarian the only language you speak?

Last edited by hcap; 02-26-2019 at 06:00 AM.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:13 AM   #9897
boxcar

Quote:
Pathetic! See a shrink.
So in your universe, the sun rises in the West, does it?

The only thing pathetic around here is you! A naked emperor next to you is dressed!
Old 02-26-2019, 07:24 AM   #9898
boxcar

Quote:
I am waiting for a practical example. Not another incoherent rant. That's why any sane person requires details of your so-called wager.

Your backwards time thesis can not be tested in any way. Incredible convoluted word games about tine coming out of the East becoming the Present receding into the Past and the West, is monumentally absurd.

What are the terms of your bet? Do you think you could even give coherent terms in English, or is babbling boxcarian the only language you speak?
I posted my terms twice in 9867. You apparently don't like them, do you? For if you accepted them, I would expose you once and for all for the total fraud and empty suit that you are.

When are you going to grow a pair and for once in your life and stand up and be a man? Stand up and be counted for what you believe in! For someone who has repeatedly told me how stupid and ignorant I am of this, that or another thing, your slanderous tongue goes silent when you are put to the test.
Or do you think cowardice is a noble virtue, right up there with your beloved "compassion"?
Old 02-26-2019, 07:39 AM   #9899
hcap

Quote:
So in your universe, the sun rises in the West, does it?

The only thing pathetic around here is you! A naked emperor next to you is dressed!
Duh! There are so many thing wrong here , it is beyond description. But let me try......

Time is not written on or in the the sky, unlike your bonkers biblical philosophy.
The earth's rotation does not indicate the "direction" of time.

Eh, doles your food taste yellow?

Synesthesia is a fascinating neurological condition that causes an individual (proudly called a synesthete) to experience perceptual information through a sense modality that is unlinked to its source. This is a fancy way of saying that synesthetes may hear colors, smell noises, taste shapes, and even feel flavors.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:44 AM   #9900
boxcar

Quote:
Duh! There are so many thing wrong here , it is beyond description. But let me try......

Time is not written on or in the the sky, unlike your bonkers biblical philosophy.
The earth's rotation does not indicate the "direction" of time.
But Mr. Wanna-be Scientist, sir, Time is "written" in MOTION. Without Matter moving through Space (or sky to us earthlings), there would be no Time.

What are you going to do now...deny that the earth is in Motion? That sun itself isn't in motion? That the stars aren't in motion?

Quote:
Eh, doles your food taste yellow?
But what "yellow" does remind me of is you!

Accept the terms to my wager and let us get the show on the road.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: