Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 06:17 PM   #16
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Thanks man trying to keep it up!

Time for you and your smart mouth to leave....Checkout time for CheckMark, No matter your age..
Old 10-09-2018, 06:24 PM   #17
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
It’s for drf not for here. And the ad ends October 12th so therefore it would not be reoccurring. Sorry about be a retard.
As the uncle of a mentally challenged young man, I'm offended by that description. If you're "really" sixteen, I'll give you a pass one time as my sister did for me when I was really 14.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:04 PM   #18
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

We've been told by someone that has proven trustworthy that he is, in fact, sixteen years old.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:34 PM   #19
CheckMark

I am 16. I’m not 25 or 35 or whatever you think. I am sorry for being a “not so nice person” I am extremely sorry for saying retard. I feel like i have let down a lot of people. Ban me if you want but would like to stay.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:48 PM   #20
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
We've been told by someone that has proven trustworthy that he is, in fact, sixteen years old.
He certainly acts like he's 16, but the site he's promoting says they've been giving out picks since 2012. So he's been selling picks since he was 10?
Old 10-09-2018, 07:51 PM   #21
FakeNameChanged

Good start with the apology. Learn from yours and our mistakes. We don't always set the best examples here on PA. We've learned recently that our online personas aren't always the same in real life. I recently met the currently banned Tiffani-O in real life, and she could not have been nicer and actually soft-spoken. You get a pass from me, but Mike sets the rules on here, so you'll probably adjust.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:13 PM   #22
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst View Post
Good start with the apology. Learn from yours and our mistakes. We don't always set the best examples here on PA. We've learned recently that our online personas aren't always the same in real life. I recently met the currently banned Tiffani-O in real life, and she could not have been nicer and actually soft-spoken. You get a pass from me, but Mike sets the rules on here, so you'll probably adjust.
Thanks. I always mess up when I try to get it out my thought or something but it always turns out jumbled or not what I spelled up. Sorry everyone.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:01 AM   #23
HHE10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
He certainly acts like he's 16, but the site he's promoting says they've been giving out picks since 2012. So he's been selling picks since he was 10?

Dude, if he has been doing picks since 2011, it would actually make him only 7. But he is 16, and he is my brother. Im not trying to be mean but why are you guys being hard on him. Like he is just showing his success about his picks on DRF. Im sure half of you whits on this website will never get something in the form. And I get it that he was posting stuff that technically is against the rules, but can you just be nicer to him. I have been bullied ever since Grade 3, and the words like "retard" (sorry to say that word on here) and like the b- word are complements to me since I get called that all the time at school. And the funny thing is that at least 80-90 % of the people on here get offended on here for being called a "retard" once in there life. Seriously grow up and just be nicer to people. I think if he just posted a screenshot of it, cropped it and then posted it on here, no one would say anything.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:14 AM   #24
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHE10 View Post
Dude, if he has been doing picks since 2011, it would actually make him only 7. But he is 16, and he is my brother. Im not trying to be mean but why are you guys being hard on him. Like he is just showing his success about his picks on DRF. Im sure half of you whits on this website will never get something in the form. And I get it that he was posting stuff that technically is against the rules, but can you just be nicer to him. I have been bullied ever since Grade 3, and the words like "retard" (sorry to say that word on here) and like the b- word are complements to me since I get called that all the time at school. And the funny thing is that at least 80-90 % of the people on here get offended on here for being called a "retard" once in there life. Seriously grow up and just be nicer to people. I think if he just posted a screenshot of it, cropped it and then posted it on here, no one would say anything.
Thanks bro! And no one cares about me any day of the week even though I have THROUGHLY SAID that I am 16 a million times over and over again! Tough luck!
Old 10-10-2018, 08:33 AM   #25
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
This is the proverbial icing on the cake.

I get it...you're young...you know everything...seen it...been there...done that...

Anyhoo...sounds like this website isn't the place for either of you. Have fun at Pace n Cap...you'll probably have a better time over there. I'm sure they let you say the word retard over and over again, and post copyrighted material left and right.

Sorry this hasn't worked out for you.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:58 AM   #26
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

I get it...you're young...you know everything...seen it...been there...done that...

Anyhoo...sounds like this website isn't the place for either of you. Have fun at Pace n Cap...you'll probably have a better time over there. I'm sure they let you say the word retard over and over again, and post copyrighted material left and right.

Thanks for the apology and write up I guess.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:03 AM   #27
castaway01

Quote:
Sorry PA, I have to....

1) Um, "dude" if he's 16 and has been doing picks since 2011 (his site says 2012) that's 7 years ago. 16 - 7 doesn't equal 7. Maybe you alleged teenagers should be paying attention in class instead of posting at 11:30am and noon?

2) He didn't "get something in the form"---he paid them to advertise.

3) The part about "retard"...some people were offended, but the point of my post was that he's trying to promote a website and he's not only using a word that's unprofessional at best but made no sense in general. If you're trying to run a business, is that how you talk?

But now I see it runs in the family.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:04 AM   #28
Binder
VDC Messenger

No

Hi Mike
That kind of language does not belong on pace and Cap

Ted Craven also does a great job with programs and articles that get posted
He and I do a re best in honor of Dr.nHoward Sartin
Old 10-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #29
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binder View Post
Hi Mike
That kind of language does not belong on pace and Cap

Ted Craven also does a great job with programs and articles that get posted
He and I do a re best in honor of Dr.nHoward Sartin
I was being sarcastic.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:19 AM   #30
Ted Craven

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

I run the Paceandcap.com website. Mike, perhaps you are speaking ironically, but I think many people will not get that. Our Code of Conduct dos not permit such language, just like here, nor disrespecting or attacking other members. And no posting copyrighted materials without owners' permission (as I responded to the very same Breeders' Cup advanced PPs issue).

CheckMark should have taken my advice given privately after post #3 in this Thread and apologized for not understanding the rules about links to paid advertising as a non-advertiser, then CLOSED this thread. Then concentrate on simply learning his craft - from whatever sources - and post selections to gain a reputation. Rather than engaging in a social media spat with adults.

I still think that's the best advice, and I'll reiterate it when we meet at Woodbine later this month.

Meanwhile, I seem to recall another 16 year old kid - almost 50 years ago - who similarly did not often listen to advice from his elders, maybe because he thought he was smarter (he was in some ways but NOT in many others). After the passing of a few more years, it's surprising how much those elders seemed to have learned ... CheckMark will make the mistakes of youth and pay the prices - is paying now. This is normal, if irritating. Time to calm down IMO and get on with business, and life.

Ted

Last edited by Ted Craven; 10-10-2018 at 09:20 AM. Reason: posted after PA clarified he was writing 'sarcastically'
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: