Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

View Poll Results: Which of the following software has helped your ROI the most?
Quick Horse 9 22.50%
CompuTrak 11 27.50%
WagerMate 2 5.00%
RDSS 18 45.00%
Voters: 40. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 04:40 PM   #1
UnifiedTheory

Equisim - Still available somewhere?

I've heard a lot of good things about an older program called Equisim. I'd like to check it out but it seems to have vanished from the web.

Anyone know if it's still possible to obtain a current version of Equisim?
Old 10-04-2018, 05:20 PM   #2
CheckMark

Ted Craven changed the way of my handicapping and it has changed DRAMATICALLY! RDSS is the best software out there.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:05 PM   #3
UnifiedTheory

Pace Handicapping Education Before Getting RDSS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Ted Craven changed the way of my handicapping and it has changed DRAMATICALLY! RDSS is the best software out there.

Thanks very much for your input.

I've read good things about RDSS in the forums and I like the helpful, clear and friendly way that Ted Craven writes. RDSS is on my short list of software methods I'm interested in checking out. Good to hear your experience with RDSS has been so positive.

One thing that causes me to procrastinate about trying RDSS is that I assume I'll need a solid understanding and appreciation of complex pace handicapping concepts and skills before RDSS can be properly utilized. Since the money back trial period is 30 days I'd rather not take 27 of those crucial days getting a handle on the complexities of pace handicapping.

I've ordered a copy of Tom Brohammer's Modern Pace Handicapping (Year 2000 version) but of course it might be a while before I become the next pace handicapping genius.

Do you think I'll be able to get much out of RDSS before reading Modern Pace Handicapping?
Old 10-04-2018, 07:19 PM   #4
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unified_Theory View Post
Thanks very much for your input.

I've read good things about RDSS in the forums and I like the helpful, clear and friendly way that Ted Craven writes. RDSS is on my short list of software methods I'm interested in checking out. Good to hear your experience with RDSS has been so positive.

One thing that causes me to procrastinate about trying RDSS is that I assume I'll need a solid understanding and appreciation of complex pace handicapping concepts and skills before RDSS can be properly utilized. Since the money back trial period is 30 days I'd rather not take 27 of those crucial days getting a handle on the complexities of pace handicapping.

I've ordered a copy of Tom Brohammer's Modern Pace Handicapping (Year 2000 version) but of course it might be a while before I become the next pace handicapping genius.

Do you think I'll be able to get much out of RDSS before reading Modern Pace Handicapping?
Ted can always help you with anything. You may have to learn everything about the software but it’s doesn’t take like 3 months just a few weeks and you can start betting when your fully confident. Head on over to Pace and Cap.com, and read the posts about things to look for and what each of the software parts mean. My posts are on there too with me asking questions (I am 16 and still learning with RDSS) good luck!
Old 10-04-2018, 07:56 PM   #5
UnifiedTheory

Thanks, I will definitely check out Pace & Cap forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Ted can always help you with anything. You may have to learn everything about the software but it’s doesn’t take like 3 months just a few weeks and you can start betting when your fully confident. Head on over to Pace and Cap.com, and read the posts about things to look for and what each of the software parts mean. My posts are on there too with me asking questions (I am 16 and still learning with RDSS) good luck!

Thanks again for your valuable input.

I will definitely check out the RDSS Pace & Cap Forum. I look forward to using software that is so highly recommended by so many handicappers.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:10 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Looks like He took down “thorotech.com”
Old 10-04-2018, 08:46 PM   #7
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I see he has a profile on LinkedIn

But if he took it down, he’s probably done with it.

I still run it on my laptop.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:17 PM   #8
UnifiedTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

I see he has a profile on LinkedIn

But if he took it down, he’s probably done with it.

I still run it on my laptop.

Thanks for the info.

I've heard so many good things I'd like to get a copy from the Thorotech guy if at all possible. I have a LinkedIn account but I rarely use LinkedIn and I don't see how I can look someone up on that site.

Any ideas on how I can reach him?
Old 10-05-2018, 01:29 AM   #9
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

I've heard so many good things I'd like to get a copy from the Thorotech guy if at all possible. I have a LinkedIn account but I rarely use LinkedIn and I don't see how I can look someone up on that site.

I tried to send him an email at an old address and it bounced. I also tried to message him on LinkedIn and he doesn’t accept messages. There are some other members here who might have a new address. Let’s see if anybody comments
Old 10-05-2018, 06:44 AM   #10
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

Top left box on Linkedin. type name into search function. Works if members are still active.

Best way to find old programs from years ago is this:

https://play.google.com/store/books/...FQ9TDAod59gIcw
Old 10-07-2018, 02:09 AM   #11
plainolebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I tried to send him an email at an old address and it bounced. I also tried to message him on LinkedIn and he doesn’t accept messages. There are some other members here who might have a new address. Let’s see if anybody comments
Well he supported it and kept the website up long after he lost interest. Hope he is doing well.

I'm so old and slow I hate to start up with new software. I hit a pick 6 with Quickhorse many years ago so I may try it again.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:10 AM   #12
UnifiedTheory

Equisim 6.0.17 --Anyone interested in selling?

I'm interested in buying the most recent version 6.0.17 of Equisim ROI if anyone is interested in selling.

I haven't been able to reach Nathan of Thorotech who created Equisim. If anyone knows how to reach him, I would appreciate the information. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:48 AM   #13
headhawg
crusty old guy

The latest version is actually 6.0.0.19; Nathan didn't update his site to reflect that. There wasn't a changelog so I don't know what the differences are. ES has copy protection so buying a "used" copy won't help you unless you can register it with Nathan. As plainolebill posted, he kept supporting EquiSim long after health concerns and a certain lack of interest kept him from developing it further. There was a thread about ES here several months ago and I am pretty sure he sold a few more copies. He probably decided then that supporting it was getting to be too much of a hassle.

ES was a fine program, and Nathan was a really helpful developer and all around good guy from what little I know of him. I was sad to see that v6 would be the last version, but I wish him all the best.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:59 PM   #14
JustRalph
Just another Facist

That’s right. If you install a copy it won’t run without the right credentials, coded by Nathan.

Nathan and I got together at his home near Cleveland many years ago. Most detailed programmer I’d ever seen. I’ve been around a few. He showed me some of the code he was working on for the future. His thinking was very forward looking. I think he was still on version 5 then.

We used to log on and play together sometimes just me n him. Afternoons. He liked to play fairgrounds if I remember right. He hit a couple of pic 6 tickets there if my memory is right.
He was a damn good player.

He also used to lead a group that played in the war room here every once in a while. Lots of fun playing Sam Houston and Hollywood.

He went through some serious personal issues and kind of fell away from racing.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:11 AM   #15
theotherside

Equisim

You can install the demo which will run for 21 days.
Closed Thread

Tags
equisim, newbie, software

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: