Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:58 PM   #1546
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2020, 12:40 AM   #1547
HalvOnHorseracing

I had the coronavirus test the other day because I am considered at high risk. You had to stay in the car. A nurse with a full face respirator on sticks a long, wooden type of q-tip. It feels like it's going into you brain. you're pressing your head back as far as you can. But the whole thing is about five minutes. I had one of my regular appointments but unfortunately the hospital is at Def Con 1. Not a single bed available and they keep pushing me off. Now they are trying to mail me my chemo drug and do the minor surgery later. I hope it gets here.

Oh yeah. There were about 12 viruses they tested for. I was totally clean on the coronavirus. The only positive that came up positive was the rhinovirus. Basically I had a cold.

I've been to the store once, and found enough food for the week. But you have to get there early or it's all wiped out. There's a neighborhood type newsletter that is trying to pass along information on where you can find essentials.

I'm staying inside and I developing a serious case of panic fever. I'd go somewhere except everything is closed.I hope everybody else is healthy

I finally got a publisher for my book. The move at snail speed. I think we finally finished the editing. It will be on the shelves soon for all the damn good it does.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2020, 12:46 AM   #1548
woodtoo

It's not that the elderly have a weak immune system it's that they're bodies are rejecting a foreign virus so strongly that it is overreacting and need an anti-inflammatory drug to calm the system down.

This is what President Trump was referring to today.
Hydroxychloroquine (malaria drug) in combination with Azithromycin have been test proven (France,China) to be very effective slowing and relieving the disease and curing the most critical time in half. And may stop infections from occurring at all, if taken before exposure.

Last edited by woodtoo; 03-21-2020 at 12:50 AM.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2020, 04:12 AM   #1549
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Today's trip to the supermarket ... no eggs, meat section wiped out, no toilet paper or paper products. Bread almost gone.

I may die of malnutrition but at least I won't need toilet paper.
This is just one of many ways the gov't (on all levels) has royally ****ed this whole thing up.

Whether by accident or on purpose is a whole other discussion.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:37 AM   #1550
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Anybody have any accurate data on the number of people hospitalized in New York State with COVID-19? Or know of a website that would possess such data?
Old 03-21-2020, 06:10 AM   #1551
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
lol. Its an APP on your phone. Its their subscribers. They have one million subscribers. It only includes people who download and use the app.

You were close....One more jump and you might of hit it. I know you post a lot and don't always read every word.
oh...you mean like the Iowa voting APP.....ya...got it....
Old 03-21-2020, 06:13 AM   #1552
sammy the sage

oh..for those wondering on some earlier posts about antibiotic helping out with a virus....here's a better explaination than I used in the finance section...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/c...120000642.html
Old 03-21-2020, 07:55 AM   #1553
woodtoo

"Never let a cries go to waste" works both ways.
You don't think President Trump is pushing through a lot of necessary changes, from the southern border, bringing more industries home to America and other economic policies he would normally have had to fight tooth and nail to get passed.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:39 AM   #1554
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
"Never let a cries go to waste" works both ways.
You don't think President Trump is pushing through a lot of necessary changes, from the southern border, bringing more industries home to America and other economic policies he would normally have had to fight tooth and nail to get passed.
He has always been known to be an opportunist.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2020, 09:57 AM   #1555
RunForTheRoses

That's the video I had seen. It is not for the squeamish. So horrible and disgusting.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2020, 10:03 AM   #1556
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post

Admittedly, it's a small sample.

Ever hear of SAMPLE ERROR or the Theory of Large numbers?
Old 03-21-2020, 10:06 AM   #1557
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post

Would you hypothesize, I know your a man of science, that that could be the reason?
LIKE all the experts in epidemiology and viral medicine: THEY DO NOT KNOW as of yet.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:37 AM   #1558
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Hey maybe you can open up a can of Franco-American Spaghetti and Meatballs, sit back mouth wide open, take notes watching Fox and Fiends, and quite us some more accurate stats to help us make up our minds about your latest conspiracy theory.
You have been here for a long time, hcap - do you intend to EVER make a relevant post without trying to insult someone or be vulgar?

Asking for a friend.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:39 AM   #1559
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
You say "someone." The Daily Mail (U.K.) says "HE." Of course, they would know. Who's to say that it could not have been a Photoshop fix?

So he calls it the Chinese virus; I call it the Chinese virus; lots of people call it the Chinese virus...it's the TRUTH!

Haven't we learned to beware of what one THINKS might be an official LEAK...regarding anything that's reported out there, today.

Photo of Trump's notes show he crossed out 'corona' and replaced it with 'Chinese' as he continues to use 'racist' term during press briefing about COVID-19

PS: Prior to Trump calling it the "Chinese" virus, apparently, it wasn't considered a racist term, by the same publication!:

Humans likely got the deadly Chinese coronavirus from SNAKES sold at the Wuhan market, study suggests
I think Trump is 100% correct iin laying the blame for all of this where it belongs - on China. Do not let the world forget what this regime of murders did to the world.

When this is over, we must end ALL relations with China. Period.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:45 AM   #1560
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Directly from the CDC site:https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...ic-history.htm

Although there is not universal consensus regarding where the virus originated, it spread worldwide during 1918-1919. In the United States, it was first identified in military personnel in spring 1918.

ALL speculation, but MOST bugs of this nature do travel East to West
Documentary on says it started in Kansas, spread like wildfire on trains with the emergency build up of an army for WWI. Spread to France with the troops and took off from there. Then a second round came along, even worse.

Spanish Flu came from the fact that due to WWI, ALL the nations except Spain, which was neutral, banned reporting of it. The only place people got any information about it was Spanish press.

It traveled west to est because of the HUGE number of people heading east and to Europe.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: