Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-31-2018, 09:41 AM   #16
chadk66

The fact Mosti even asked that question pretty much tells you all you need to know about the left wing anti gun nut jobs.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2018, 09:46 AM   #17
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
HAVE NO GUN. NOT AFRAID. Simple as that.
Return question:

Then why do you want to take away a Constitutionally protected freedom if your aren't afraid?
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2018, 10:21 AM   #18
delayjf

I wonder what the crime stats for rape would be if all women carried a gun.

My wife has opted not to carry a gun on her daily walks - she takes an 80lb pit bull with her instead. However, she did use a shotgun once to keep her abusive ex from entering her apt when he showed up in a rage at her door step.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2018, 11:44 AM   #19
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
The fact Mosti even asked that question pretty much tells you all you need to know about the left wing anti gun nut jobs.
When a leftist reveals the inner workings of the labyrinth that he often confuses for a healthy, functional working brain, it can get so ugly, most normal people don't want to venture in further for a deeper look.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:03 PM   #20
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Studip question.
Why do you need free speech? You getting paid for it?
Why do you need a free press?
Why do you need freedom to assemble?

I don't own a gun myself.
I don't want to.

But I am not going to tell anyone else what they can do or not do.

If my next door neighbor wants and assault rifle, he can store it in his freaking TANK if he wants to.
None of those rights are absolute, no matter what you might think. You can’t shout fire in a crowded theater, nor incite a mob to violence.

A publisher has a responsibility to publish the truth. (Although that does not seem to matter to Breitbart and such. Every freedom has limitations otherwise everyone’ neighbor would be buying a tank and an assault rifle.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:14 PM   #21
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Return question:

Then why do you want to take away a Constitutionally protected freedom if your aren't afraid?
I don’t want to take your gun away. I want to make it more difficult for you to get it. Why shouldn’t it be?

Why shouldn’t we know if you have a criminal record. Why shouldn’t we know if you have been treated for a mental illness or if you have had a domestic complaint lodged against you.?
We need to have our driver’s licencse renewed every four years-in Illinois at least-why not the gun license.?

We have to take several weeks of driver’s ed, why not several weeks of gun safety?
Old 03-31-2018, 04:23 PM   #22
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
So things like this never happen again.........do you think there was a point where these poor people might have thought they needed a gun.....?

Due to a piece of shit government immigration policy I have to interact with criminal aliens on a regular basis. They commit crimes. I will not allow them to threaten myself or my family.
Guns would have done them no good. For every gun you have, a despotic government has 100 or 1,000. The only way to prevent something like that is not to elect a despot in the first place. Or, to put it another way, you should not have voted for Trump.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:29 PM   #23
boxcar

Quote:
A publisher has a responsibility to publish the truth. (Although that does not seem to matter to Breitbart and such.
Nor to the Noo Yawk Slimes, or to the WaPo, or to a host of any other liberal rages.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:30 PM   #24
Clocker

Quote:
None of those rights are absolute, no matter what you might think. You can’t shout fire in a crowded theater, nor incite a mob to violence.
Wow, shouting fire in a theater, never heard that one before.

The principle of human rights that is generally ignored in superficial discussion of rights is that your exercise of your rights cannot infringe on the rights of others.

You have no right to do anything in a theater that the owner says you can't, because that infringes on his right to property. Shouting "fire" also infringes on the rights of other patrons.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:35 PM   #25
boxcar

Quote:
I don’t want to take your gun away. I want to make it more difficult for you to get it. Why shouldn’t it be?

Why shouldn’t we know if you have a criminal record. Why shouldn’t we know if you have been treated for a mental illness or if you have had a domestic complaint lodged against you.?
We need to have our driver’s licencse renewed every four years-in Illinois at least-why not the gun license.?

We have to take several weeks of driver’s ed, why not several weeks of gun safety?
Driving is a privilege. Gun ownership is a right. Learn the difference.

I passed the criminal background check for my guns -- all of them -- purchased at different times. How often should people be checked -- every year?

And why do we need courses in gun safety? Doesn't everyone already know that its illegal to go around murdering people? I thought the issue here is crime control -- now you're making it gun safety?

You're one confused puppy.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:40 PM   #26
Clocker

Quote:

Those things are legal prerequisites for driving on public roads. It is a long established legal principle that driving on public roads is a privilege, not a right.

On the other hand, self defense is a human right. The Second Amendment recognizes and affirms that right, it does not grant it as a right or a privilege. I would argue that many current gun laws, especially at the state level, are unconstitutional. Illinois being a prime example. But the gun grabbers have managed to chip away a little at a time, and it is all that proponents of rights can do today to prevent further infringement.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:05 PM   #27
elysiantraveller

Quote:
I don’t want to take your gun away.
A quick search of your post history has determined...

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 03-31-2018 at 05:07 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2018, 05:56 PM   #28
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
The principle of human rights that is generally ignored in superficial discussion of rights is that your exercise of your rights cannot infringe on the rights of others.
Exactly why no one has a "right" to health care.
Or food, or housing, or clothing.
As a society, we have a moral obligation to help you, but you do not have right to deprive someone else of their property for you.

Boxcar....if you use your car as a weapon, is driving then a right?
Old 03-31-2018, 07:11 PM   #29
Clocker

Quote:
As a society, we have a moral obligation to help you
To the extent that such an obligation exists in our society, compliance is voluntary and it is not the business of government to enforce it.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:36 PM   #30
boxcar

Quote:
Boxcar....if you use your car as a weapon, is driving then a right?
I'll have to run that one by Dershowitz.