Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-07-2016, 10:31 AM   #31
delayjf

Quote:
Almost wonder if there isn't more hidden by the front of the vehicle going on here unless this cop was losing his mind. This is as much as an execution.
A previous poster mentioned S.Louisiana and racism. I worked for years in and around SE Louisiana. Times have changed maybe, but it wasn't only racism it was anybody that was disrespectful to a law officer. Suspects shot and tossed in nearby bayous. Suspects found dead alongside highways behind wheel of their cars, and scores of open-ended cases where people were found shot dead and never solved.
I don't believe much of this exist there anymore, but I'm sure the emotions linger that trigger it. Imo, one of two things happened here. Either the cop was out of his mind, or the suspect had a gun in his hand. Nothing else makes any sense. Even if it were only 1 or 2 seconds, the cop had ample time between reaching back to his holster pulling out his gun and shooting to say he simply made a terrible mistake.
In the 1980s, I believe NO was at one time the murder capital of the US. The city had lowered the standards for becoming a Police Officer - and it worked out horribly. Cops were corrupt and involved with drug dealing and murder. I believe two cops were sentenced to death for their involvement.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 11:18 AM   #32
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Whoa with the racism comment. It is not at all fair in discussions about instincts, fears, and actions during confrontations. To chalk it up to "racism" is saying a cop hates blacks so just took the opportunity to kill one.

According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher.

Blacks are also about 6 times higher than whites for all crimes.

I would venture a guess that blacks are far more militant and in your face in dealings with cops than whites and others.

There is a reason why white grandmas aren't shot by cops often, and it has nothing to do with racism.
Fager, Ralph knows more about law enforcement than anyone here, including you. Mistakes are made, one has been made in this case. There are strong and good men and women in law enforcement, and there are lesser ones as well. If you don't believe race relations, on both sides of the law, and the color spectrum, are currently a problem in this country, I've got beachfront in Idaho, dude.

The deep south is notorious going back to the days of Huey Long. Louisiana has long held the highest incarceration rate in the world. Angola and private prisons flourish. Mississippi runs second.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...ds_prison.html

Btw, I ain't anybody's grandma. When's the last time you saw a grandma get pulled over and ticketed for going 90 in a 65 in upstate NY? Wanna ride with me? Get in, buckle up, and shut up.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 11:39 AM   #33
jk3521
Registered Loser

I don't think that anyone becomes a law officer with"I'm gonna bag me some blacks " in mind. I 'm sure psychological tests are done on officer candidates. Maybe these tests should be reviewed.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 11:40 AM   #34
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521
I don't think that anyone becomes a law officer with"I'm gonna bag me some blacks " in mind. I 'm sure psychological tests are done on officer candidates. Maybe these tests should be reviewed.
And no one here has indicated such..
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 12:02 PM   #35
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Fager, Ralph knows more about law enforcement than anyone here, including you. Mistakes are made, one has been made in this case. There are strong and good men and women in law enforcement, and there are lesser ones as well. If you don't believe race relations, on both sides of the law, and the color spectrum, are currently a problem in this country, I've got beachfront in Idaho, dude.

The deep south is notorious going back to the days of Huey Long. Louisiana has long held the highest incarceration rate in the world. Angola and private prisons flourish. Mississippi runs second.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...ds_prison.html

Btw, I ain't anybody's grandma. When's the last time you saw a grandma get pulled over and ticketed for going 90 in a 65 in upstate NY? Wanna ride with me? Get in, buckle up, and shut up.
No denying that, but I get tired of the left acting like only white people can be racist and that racism coming from minorities against whites is always justified.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 12:31 PM   #36
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt
Isn't it comical how the liberal media always portrays the so called victim of police brutality as just your average citizen. I thought his family said he was a gentle family man?
It adds to the racist perspective which in turns makes it more media worthy. It motivates emotions. The bigger the story, the more people watch. The media cashes in more on racism than anything else. They drool when blacks die at the hands of white cops. It's as if whites never get shot by cops. They do, but the media (liberal in particular) aren't concerned with these cases, there's no reward in covering it. To them "white lives don't matter".
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 12:45 PM   #37
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I heard a story today about a cop who saved three lives in ten days.
Never heard it on any other media outlet.

The media is picking these particular stories to further their own agenda.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:55 PM   #38
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
No denying that, but I get tired of the left acting like only white people can be racist and that racism coming from minorities against whites is always justified.
I love how ALL republicans make blanket statements about liberals
Old 07-07-2016, 02:06 PM   #39
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

You mean like Obama makes comments about all republicans, or all white people, or Messe Jesse, or Rev Al, about all whites?

Yeah, your side is blameless.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:10 PM   #40
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Just for the record

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...-traffic-stop/
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 02:41 PM   #41
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
You mean like Obama makes comments about all republicans, or all white people, or Messe Jesse, or Rev Al, about all whites?

Yeah, your side is blameless.
With all the jokes you write on here I figured you would recognize one when you read it.
I was making a blanket statement myself (see how i capped the word ALL?), thus, the joke.
Nevermind
Old 07-07-2016, 02:43 PM   #42
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
With all the jokes I write on here I figured you would recognize one when you read it.
FTFY.....
Yes...I did.
I made one too.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:50 PM   #43
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
I love how ALL republicans make blanket statements about liberals
So since I dared to imply minorities can be racist makes me a Republican? Most liberals I know follow party lines, I can predict their answer long before I ask the question.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 07-07-2016 at 04:52 PM.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2016, 05:55 PM   #44
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
So since I dared to imply minorities can be racist makes me a Republican? Most liberals I know follow party lines, I can predict their answer long before I ask the question.
See Post #41...and lighten up Frances
Old 07-07-2016, 06:58 PM   #45
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Most liberals I know follow party lines, I can predict their answer long before I ask the question.
And you can't with the other side? Remember when we were all on the same side? Both party lines have been divided and conquered defending these deplorable parties.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: