Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-12-2016, 01:11 PM   #61
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk
No. Talking about it is fine. Politicizing it to your way of thinking is the issue. That's okay, be offended. It's easier than listening. Enjoy your day.
Can you see me rolling my eyes? If you think it's "politicizing" it to talk of how to stop it, then you're the nut and that's your problem.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 01:14 PM   #62
Fager Fan
Veteran

Obama is going to issue a statement soon. I can't wait. Let's see if I can nail this: He won't name the enemy again, he'll caution us to not brush all members of the religion of peace with the same brush, and he'll hint at it being a hate crime instead.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:30 PM   #63
classhandicapper

Who cares what our POTUS says?

He couldn't get something right by accident.

In a few more months that delusional incompetent will be on the scrap heap of US history. Right now they are probably in some war room trying to figure out a way to turn this tragedy into a gun issue when it's clearly an issue of terrorism. Guns just happen to be weapon of choice this time, but it could easily be bombs, poison, planes, dirty bombs, or whatever else next time. Of course, while they are doing that, they are also probably busy in another room issuing visas to people that can't wait to join the war against us on US soil.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 06-12-2016 at 01:33 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 01:34 PM   #64
kingfin66
Bombardier

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook this morning. I fear the message is to late for PaceAdvantage, so just in case it is not, here it is.

Lord knows there are plenty of politics that will swell today following last night's unspeakable tragedy in Orlando. I'll spare you that here. I would just remind people today to filter what you here on cable news, appreciate the gravity of the situation and remember a time when our country rallied to be defined as Americans, rather than defined as Conservatives or Liberals.
It's time to appreciate we all work really hard and this life is not about advancing one single agenda. It's more about modeling the delicate balance of compassion and accountability - with the key word being "modeling", not "advancing".
The reality is that it's likely there will be more Orlando's in the coming months. What we do will be more important than what we say. Resist the simplicity of resting at one end of the spectrum. Model balance. Compassion and accountability. Food for thought today. Peace.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 01:52 PM   #65
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
No response to horses4courses would be one remedy in dealing with his stupid shit. He's obviously using a tragic event to bait the right here into a slug-fest. He could care less about the shooting or the casualty count.
I've been threatened with getting banned for a lot less than the tactics he demonstrates here in creating a brawl. It's not really a matter of liberals and conservatives, but more of an individual simply being an asshole.
Where is the ignore button when you need one? H4C and Mostie would be the only two I would want to silence. I actually think they hate anyone who doesn't think like them.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 06-12-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 02:04 PM   #66
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
Who cares what our POTUS says?

He couldn't get something right by accident.

In a few more months that delusional incompetent will be on the scrap heap of US history. Right now they are probably in some war room trying to figure out a way to turn this tragedy into a gun issue when it's clearly an issue of terrorism. Guns just happen to be weapon of choice this time, but it could easily be bombs, poison, planes, dirty bombs, or whatever else next time. Of course, while they are doing that, they are also probably busy in another room issuing visas to people that can't wait to join the war against us on US soil.
I hope you are correct, but if crooked Hillary gets in, he may become a Supreme Court Justice because of his expertise on constitutional law interpretation.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 02:08 PM   #67
Fager Fan
Veteran

Well, the emphasis was on "hate" of LGTB and guns, nothing on Islam. Called it terrorism, siad the motivation is still unclear except clearly there was "hate." They're going for hate crime terrorism instead of Islamic terrorism.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:11 PM   #68
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
I hope you are correct, but if crooked Hillary gets in, he may become a Supreme Court Justice because of his expertise on constitutional law interpretation.
He has said he is not interested, and I believe him. He can make big bucks making speeches as ex-president, and play golf all the time. As a judge he would actually have to show up for work.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:16 PM   #69
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66
A friend of mine posted this on Facebook this morning. I fear the message is to late for PaceAdvantage, so just in case it is not, here it is.

Lord knows there are plenty of politics that will swell today following last night's unspeakable tragedy in Orlando. I'll spare you that here. I would just remind people today to filter what you here on cable news, appreciate the gravity of the situation and remember a time when our country rallied to be defined as Americans, rather than defined as Conservatives or Liberals.
It's time to appreciate we all work really hard and this life is not about advancing one single agenda. It's more about modeling the delicate balance of compassion and accountability - with the key word being "modeling", not "advancing".
The reality is that it's likely there will be more Orlando's in the coming months. What we do will be more important than what we say. Resist the simplicity of resting at one end of the spectrum. Model balance. Compassion and accountability. Food for thought today. Peace.
Very good.

I am at a loss with these ongoing, senseless, endless massacres to say anything, anymore- besides to pray for the innocent victims and their stunned, appalled, mourning families.

Last edited by Rookies; 06-12-2016 at 02:19 PM.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 02:16 PM   #70
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Well, the emphasis was on "hate" of LGTB and guns, nothing on Islam. Called it terrorism, siad the motivation is still unclear except clearly there was "hate." They're going for hate crime terrorism instead of Islamic terrorism.
That tack had Secrtetariat in the Belmont m/l written all over it.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 02:17 PM   #71
Parkview_Pirate

As expected, Obama mentions the "easy availability" of guns as a main part of the event.

Not that it's relevant - since the perp worked in the field of security.....
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 02:18 PM   #72
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
As a judge he would actually have to show up for work.
... and show what little he has to offer the judiciary with his affirmative action education.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2016, 02:21 PM   #73
Clocker

From the Washington Post:
Quote:
The ex-wife of the 29-year-old man suspected of killing 50 people in a Orlando nightclub early Sunday said that he was violent and mentally unstable and beat her repeatedly while they were married.

She said in the few months they were married he gave no signs of having fallen under the sway of radical Islam.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:22 PM   #74
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate
As expected, Obama mentions the "easy availability" of guns as a main part of the event.

A non-sequitur by this brain-dead president if there ever was one. (But I suppose it was the best excuse his teleprompter could come up with. ) But you're absolutely right: He was a licensed armed security guard!
Old 06-12-2016, 02:23 PM   #75
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate

He had a license to work as a security officer, and also a concealed carry permit. I'm sure the latter will set off the usual political fireworks.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: