Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-30-2018, 01:43 AM   #16
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post

Economy is in good shape. I actually made this point talking about how great it is here when you guys harp on trade deficits...

Who the hell is going to make the shit to eat into that trade deficit?
Tariffs on steel to combat the trade deficit will result in higher steel prices in this country. I have seen no one here or in the government even try to argue against that.

Higher steel prices mean more costs to Americans that make stuff out of steel. They have to pass those costs on to their customers in higher prices. Trump's campaign people stated from the beginning that would happen.

So if tariffs result in higher costs for American manufacturers, and that results in higher prices for American-made goods, how do we increase the sale of those more expensive goods overseas to reduce the trade deficit?
Old 03-30-2018, 02:11 AM   #17
incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Tariffs on steel to combat the trade deficit will result in higher steel prices in this country. I have seen no one here or in the government even try to argue against that.

Higher steel prices mean more costs to Americans that make stuff out of steel. They have to pass those costs on to their customers in higher prices. Trump's campaign people stated from the beginning that would happen.

So if tariffs result in higher costs for American manufacturers, and that results in higher prices for American-made goods, how do we increase the sale of those more expensive goods overseas to reduce the trade deficit?
Negotiating lower tariff on exports and send illegal aliens packing.
In other words...build the wall...cut the trade deficits.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2018, 08:43 AM   #18
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming View Post
Let me clue you in...automation creates many very well paying jobs.
You are now arguing in circles... automation the leading driver of loss of jobs in the manufacturing sector is now the leading job creator?

Everyone here should enroll or re-enroll in a Econ course.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2018, 09:31 AM   #19
incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
You are now arguing in circles... automation the leading driver of loss of jobs in the manufacturing sector is now the leading job creator?

Everyone here should enroll or re-enroll in a Econ course.
If automation increase production at less cost that means they will need more materials from suppliers. This would create more jobs down range while decreasing consumer prices.....that is as simple as I can make it.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:05 AM   #20
lamboguy

the more controversy that Trump shuffles, the higher his poll numbers get. he lost plenty of Evangelical support but is picking up more than his share of liberals now, not the ultra liberals though.

without a doubt, this guy knows how to play this game, he takes plenty of body slams, but quietly is doing the best job i have ever seen from any president before him.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2018, 10:21 AM   #21
incoming

Stable Genius....it fits
Old 03-30-2018, 11:34 AM   #22
Parkview_Pirate

Of course employment numbers are only part of the economic picture, and the ones we get from Uncle Sam are pretty distorted.

I prefer the numbers from ShadowStats, which show unemployment above 20%, with a recent bend up earlier this year.

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate...loyment-charts

When you take into account real wages, part-time and underemployment numbers, the average Joe has it pretty rough. Back 40-50 years ago, most families got by on one income. Today, it's a rarity.

Charles Hugh Smith has a pretty good handle on employment and the economy, IMHO, and has some nice charts to back up his posts. This recent one shows the "robust" economy we enjoy today is all at the higher end of the spectrum. Not a good formula for stability. The demographics on this forum are more likely skewed to the high side as well (since we're mostly 50+ pups), and don't reflect the experiences of the average American, if there is such a critter.

https://www.oftwominds.com/blogmar18/4-cycles3-18.html

With Trump set up to take the fall when the market goes south, then his supporters will be singing a different tune - not that it'll be his fault, but that's the price of being at the wheel when you hit the iceberg.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2018, 02:04 PM   #23
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Legal or illegal?
For GDP purposes it doesnt matter.

another body buying stuff.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2018, 05:09 PM   #24
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

We could use a few less.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:43 AM   #25
davew

Coming soon to lib media ->

Trump is inviting Putin to the White House to help plan the mid-term elections...
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-02-2018, 01:24 PM   #26
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Coming soon to lib media ->

Trump is inviting Putin to the White House to help plan the mid-term elections...
Putin pulling up to the White House main gate

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-02-2018, 01:52 PM   #27
CincyHorseplayer

To the thread title. There is too much hostility in the White House. They got a pool. Go JFK and get some bitches naked and take a dip Mr President!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-02-2018, 05:55 PM   #28
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
To the thread title. There is too much hostility in the White House. They got a pool. Go JFK and get some bitches naked and take a dip Mr President!
You trying to write some CNN headlines
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: