Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-24-2019, 01:29 PM   #3586
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Nunes' opening statement is scathing, I'm feeling more sorry for mueller as this goes on. Poor mueller looks defeated and over matched. No wonder he didn't want to go before committees.
Yes, if lying and misrepresentating are scathing, then you are correct. Problem is they are not. They are simply lying.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:30 PM   #3587
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
All this bull stuff about Mueller being a senile old man are just an attempt to portray his investigation as biased and incompetent. It fact it was competent enough to secure the indictment and conviction of more than a dozen people.
As I read this post, mueller just again said "could you repeat that question?" Awesome coincidence!
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2019, 01:34 PM   #3588
woodtoo

Quote:
As I read this post, mueller just again said "could you repeat that question?" Awesome coincidence!
pass
Old 07-24-2019, 01:45 PM   #3589
mostpost

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Is that why a Federal Judge ordered Mueller to stop saying Russia interfered in the election?
That is not what happened. In one specific case a judge ruled that it had not been proven that a Russian bot farm was connected to the Russian government.
But it was also not proven that it was not connected.

The fact is the judge did not order Mueller to stop talking about Russian interference. He only ordered him to not include it in an indictment in a particular case.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:47 PM   #3590
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
pass
Mueller's testimony would have made for a great drinking game. You'd have to down a shot after every "could you repeat that question".
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 07-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #3591
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Gretzky is a loudmouth and a bully. He didn’t question Mueller. He gave a speech that was replete with lies and inaccuracies;
Oh good grief, come off it.
The dems were giving just as many speeches, in fact far more speeches than the repubs were. That is basically all they did.
I think you are n the wrong room here - basket weaving is down the hall.

There is an open seat, right behind Bobby.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:55 PM   #3592
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
That is not what happened. In one specific case a judge ruled that it had not been proven that a Russian bot farm was connected to the Russian government.
But it was also not proven that it was not connected.

The fact is the judge did not order Mueller to stop talking about Russian interference. He only ordered him to not include it in an indictment in a particular case.
You are correct Mueller could not prove Russia's government interfered. Thus, the Judge ordered him to stop saying Russia interfered in the election, as a legal fact. And all those convictions you refer to are not connected to Russian interference, but tax related crimes, fraudulent statements, taxi cab medallions, etc.

Not one person was convicted or even charged due to collusion or conspiracy with Russia.

Our justice system is not based on proving a negative. You prove a connection ( a positive), if the connection is not proven the person or entity is considered innocent of the charges.

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 07-24-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2019, 02:02 PM   #3593
GMB@BP

This was very badly miscalculated by the Dems, Mueller did them no favors.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2019, 02:03 PM   #3594
mostpost

Quote:
Mueller's testimony would have made for a great drinking game. You'd have to down a shot after every "could you repeat that question".
You amateurs don’t understand testifying either in court or before a Congressional committee. Any good lawyer will tell his client to answer the questions and only the questions. Don’t editorialize and don’t volunteer information that isn’t asked for. Also if you don’t understand a question or didn’t hear a portion of it, you ask to have it repeated.

Robert Mueller is a careful and precise person. He certainly knows all these principles

Also, being hard of hearing does not effect a persons competence. Nor does it effect their integrity.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:06 PM   #3595
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Pay attention to the Papadopoulos and Mifsud questions. As mentioned earlier in this thread Mifsud is a very big problem for Mueller and the FBI.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:08 PM   #3596
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
You amateurs don’t understand testifying either in court or before a Congressional committee.
By all means Mr. Professional Postman, school us amateurs with your knowledge and wisdom of Congressional procedure and decorum.....Keep it concise, as we tend to lose focus quickly.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2019, 02:09 PM   #3597
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
You amateurs don’t understand testifying either in court or before a Congressional committee. Any good lawyer will tell his client to answer the questions and only the questions. Don’t editorialize and don’t volunteer information that isn’t asked for. Also if you don’t understand a question or didn’t hear a portion of it, you ask to have it repeated.

Robert Mueller is a careful and precise person. He certainly knows all these principles

Also, being hard of hearing does not effect a persons competence. Nor does it effect their integrity.
And what does your legal acumen tell you about a witness who changes his testimony? Does that make the witness more or less credible?
Old 07-24-2019, 02:10 PM   #3598
ElKabong

Quote:

He's being tagged "mr Magoo " on the web. Well deserved

Last edited by ElKabong; 07-24-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:18 PM   #3599
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
All this bull stuff about Mueller being a senile old man are just an attempt to portray his investigation as biased and incompetent. It fact it was competent enough to secure the indictment and conviction of more than a dozen people.
Now you sound mighty desperate...this is fun.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:22 PM   #3600
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I think we now know the REAL reason ely bailed a few days ago.

He's always been a smart cookie.