Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-18-2015, 10:06 PM   #1
Harvhorse

David Jacobson

Today I am watching the Belmont simulcast and on the screen appears a notice that David Jacobson needs one win to be a one thousand win trainer. The announcement has a picture of a young handsome guy with lots of hair. Now I have been watching NYRA races for many years and any time I saw Jacobson in the paddock or winners circle he was bald headed and had a limp. As luck woul have it Jacobson wins right off the bat and they announce that the bald guy with the limp accepting the accolade is his assistant trainer. Now I must inquire, all these years David Jacobson does not daddies his own horses or appear in the winners circle? Indeed this is quite a mystery.
Harvhorse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2015, 10:20 PM   #2
bello
Veteran

It's always the bald latino guy saddling the horses as greeting them in the winners circle. I don't think David Jacobsen exists.

Maybe you saw pictures of his Dad Buddy Jacobsen....Fits your description more.

Last edited by bello; 06-18-2015 at 10:21 PM.
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2015, 10:32 PM   #3
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello
It's always the bald latino guy saddling the horses as greeting them in the winners circle. I don't think David Jacobsen exists.

Maybe you saw pictures of his Dad Buddy Jacobsen....Fits your description more.

Watched Migliore interview David outside the Aqu winner's circle on the replay show. He's got hair and everything.

Since you mentioned the father, here's his obituary from the NY Times:

I don't even like horses
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2015, 11:05 PM   #4
bello
Veteran

Tall One, not to bust the thread, but I see you are from Lexington. This Past Sunday, I drove home from Downs After Dark through Lexington to avoid Bonaroo traffic and found this great little restaurant called the Lexington Diner. Their KY Bourbon Burger may have been the best Burger experience of my life.

Give it a shot,
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2015, 01:05 PM   #5
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Awesome little spot, bello. I work a few blocks down from there, and hands down one of the best burgers I've had. The Short Street burger is just a nose behind it, IMO.

Also, their breakfast, namely the homemade biscuits and sausage gravy with home fries, will fill you up until supper time.

Breeders Cup visitors, take notes..
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2016, 01:12 PM   #6
RunDustyRun

Jacobson has brought a string to Santa Anita and despite many of his horses taking action, they have not run a lick...have to think he will rebound and there should be some overlays soon...my question to east coast betters is is there anything to look for in his runners...training patterns, up in class, down in class...he has also claimed at least three in the 25-40 range...anything to look for there? I understand that he is not well thought of but any info would be appreciated. thanks
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2016, 01:26 PM   #7
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One

Also, their breakfast, namely the homemade biscuits and sausage gravy with home fries, will fill you up until supper time.
Breeders Cup visitors, take notes..
T.O., you Kentuckians love that white sausage gravy and biscuit stuff...when I lived in Lexington I saw men and women eating it often. Heart attack waiting to happen! STOP IT!! Don't want you to go before your time--decades away.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2016, 01:30 PM   #8
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunDustyRun
Jacobson has brought a string to Santa Anita and despite many of his horses taking action, they have not run a lick...have to think he will rebound and there should be some overlays soon...my question to east coast betters is is there anything to look for in his runners...training patterns, up in class, down in class...he has also claimed at least three in the 25-40 range...anything to look for there? I understand that he is not well thought of but any info would be appreciated. thanks
Keep in mind? If they take a nosedive in class. Bet your house and your lungs.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2016, 02:03 PM   #9
no breathalyzer
Veteran

In NY his up in class horses get over looked many times and pay pretty well at times.. still depends on the horse and trainer claimed off of.. that's why it pays to know the circuit really well for the track you invest in. Since he is new out there he might need some time to get accumulated on how to play the claiming game out there.
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2016, 02:31 PM   #10
senortout

You have to ask yourself

What's D.Jacobsen even doing out on left coast? The $$ for the type of horses he runs, claimers for the most part,...that $$ is much much better in NY. Strange if you ask me. And then, there's the question of which of his assistants is being groomed by managing a small string out there?....please shed me some light here.
senortout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2016, 03:22 PM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Keep in mind? If they take a nosedive in class. Bet your house and your lungs.
I bet my lungs on a horse once, Grits. He lost because I didn't have the wind to root him home!
Old 01-19-2016, 04:22 PM   #12
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunDustyRun
I saw he did win one at Golden Gate.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2016, 06:39 PM   #13
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I saw he did win one at Golden Gate.
Another reason to never bet that track
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2016, 08:39 PM   #14
eqitec

David Jacobson

Here's a representative sample of 102 winners trained by David Jacobson.
The tracks where the wins occurred are shown. The class status conclusions are supported by software, but confirmed by visual inspection of the winners' PPs.

Attached Images
File Type: png JACOBSONDAVID011916.png (22.7 KB, 122 views)
eqitec is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2016, 09:24 PM   #15
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Another reason to never bet that track
Jacobson isn't a trainer that makes me want to bet that track if he's there. If I currently bet the track and he shows up, I probably won't stop betting the place, but I would be more likely to bet a race if he's not in it.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply