Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-17-2016, 06:48 PM   #1
walter blum

Drawing away stable

I see that Maria Borell was just fired. Apparently drawing away pays virtually no bills in exchange for a majority of the purse money. Didn't work for Maria, probably worked pretty well for David Jacobson. Deal like that is a great motivator for the "super trainers"
walter blum is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2016, 08:39 PM   #2
Shemp Howard
Refugee from Bowie

Walter......."that's Pass Catcher by some 6 lengths"

You shouldn't have dropped your whip.
Shemp Howard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2016, 10:54 PM   #3
Stillriledup
Veteran

Seems like the stewards need to look into Drawing Away Stables and their not paying bills and just 'gifting' trainers part ownership.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2016, 06:09 AM   #4
walter blum

Check out the article in the Paulick report.
walter blum is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2016, 08:20 AM   #5
MonmouthParkJoe

Interesting business model, but at the same time these trainers know what they are signing on to.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2016, 09:00 AM   #6
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Seems like the stewards need to look into Drawing Away Stables and their not paying bills and just 'gifting' trainers part ownership.
Do you ever stop? Their business model is well known as a "no expense" model. They don't hide this fact; they talk it up. See their website.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2016, 01:50 PM   #7
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Do you ever stop? Their business model is well known as a "no expense" model. They don't hide this fact; they talk it up. See their website.
I'm just suggesting the judges and racing commissions look into it, you're suggesting they turn a blind eye? I'm confused.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:54 PM   #8
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
I'm just suggesting the judges and racing commissions look into it, you're suggesting they turn a blind eye? I'm confused.
Please tell us what you want them to look into -- they advertise a no expense model. I think I've even seen them run ads at Saratoga for their stable. What are they hiding? Don't give me "we won't know unless there's an investigation."

By the way, I think the local police department should investigate you. Why? I'm not sure, but we won't know unless they do it.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:49 PM   #9
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Please tell us what you want them to look into -- they advertise a no expense model. I think I've even seen them run ads at Saratoga for their stable. What are they hiding? Don't give me "we won't know unless there's an investigation."

By the way, I think the local police department should investigate you. Why? I'm not sure, but we won't know unless they do it.
if all their horses are part owned by the trainer, well, i have to admit that i could have sworn ive seen horses owned solely by DAS so how are the gamblers supposed to know who owns what? thats a factor in handicapping to know if the trainer is part owner, some of their horses must be solely owned by them since not every horse is owned by DAS and someone else as far as the pps go.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:36 PM   #10
GatetoWire

Quote:
if all their horses are part owned by the trainer, well, i have to admit that i could have sworn ive seen horses owned solely by DAS so how are the gamblers supposed to know who owns what? thats a factor in handicapping to know if the trainer is part owner, some of their horses must be solely owned by them since not every horse is owned by DAS and someone else as far as the pps go.
Wrong again.
The Trainer's don't own the horses. They just get compensated via the purse money that the horse wins.
Each horse is solely owned by Drawing Away.
GatetoWire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2016, 04:46 PM   #11
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Because when David Jacobson or you name the trainer would/does own a piece of a horse, the ownership would read "David Jacobson and Drawing Away Stable" (or the other way around). Go to Equibase and type in Drawing Away Stable under the owners' stats option. You'll see all this information disclosed. Now stop whining about non-issues. By the way, some customers aren't worth having - I believe you are one such customer.

Last edited by Saratoga_Mike; 05-18-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:55 PM   #12
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatetoWire
Wrong again.
The Trainer's don't own the horses. They just get compensated via the purse money that the horse wins.
Each horse is solely owned by Drawing Away.
I'd look into it, but maybe that's just me.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:58 PM   #13
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Because when David Jacobson or you name the trainer would/does own a piece of a horse, the ownership would read "David Jacobson and Drawing Away Stable" (or the other way around). Go to Equibase and type in Drawing Away Stable under the owners' stats option. You'll see all this information disclosed. Now stop whining about non-issues. By the way, some customers aren't worth having - I believe you are one such customer.
You mad?

I'm pretty sure the industry wouldn't be happy with your 'firing' me as a customer, it's not like this game has so many customers they could just lose a few because someone who doesn't even bet got butthurt that someone else dare ask questions and not just put their head in the sand.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:07 PM   #14
green80

There is nothing wrong with giving a trainer a % of earnings instead of day money if the trainer will go for it. It has been done many times and is done everyday now. The problem is you have to have a good horse to get the trainer to go for it.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2016, 09:01 PM   #15
Shemp Howard
Refugee from Bowie

I've heard of a trainer that takes 15% of all purses earned, even in 5 horse fields, and charges a full day rate plus unusual expenses.

Has sheep lined up to take shares.
Shemp Howard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: