Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-20-2016, 12:52 PM   #16
RunDustyRun

thanks to those who responded....will be interesting to see when and if the drops start...some of his horses were coming off long lay-offs and he claimed three right at the start of the meet...I assume based on prior works that he normally works his horses slow? As others have noted, may be a better idea to pass races where he has horses entered but I'm hoping to find an overlay in the pick 5
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2016, 01:53 PM   #17
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunDustyRun
Jacobson has brought a string to Santa Anita and despite many of his horses taking action, they have not run a lick...have to think he will rebound and there should be some overlays soon...my question to east coast betters is is there anything to look for in his runners...training patterns, up in class, down in class...he has also claimed at least three in the 25-40 range...anything to look for there? I understand that he is not well thought of but any info would be appreciated. thanks

I've noticed he's claimed horses out there, and brought them back east off the layoff. Might be worth a note or two in that regard, RDR.
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2016, 08:03 PM   #18
JohnGalt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunDustyRun
Jacobson has brought a string to Santa Anita and despite many of his horses taking action, they have not run a lick...have to think he will rebound and there should be some overlays soon...my question to east coast betters is is there anything to look for in his runners...training patterns, up in class, down in class...he has also claimed at least three in the 25-40 range...anything to look for there? I understand that he is not well thought of but any info would be appreciated. thanks
It may be harder for him to compete since his horses are getting 3 furlong workouts, (at least those that I've noticed,) when the locals are working theirs 5 and 6 furlongs.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2016, 09:47 PM   #19
eqitec

David Jacobson

From my private research, here's the breakdown of the top 10 last workouts, if any, of a representative sample of 130 winners trained by David Jacobson. This sample does not exclude 1st-time starters or horses which haven't run in the last 90 days.

All workouts are breezes on dirt. Of course on west coast, they will all be handy works; gate workouts are rare.

No workouts before win - 31.5%
Last workout before wins:
3 days before - 4F - 8.5%
2 days before - 3F - 7.7%
4 days before - 3F - 6.9%
3 days before - 3F - 5.4%
5 days before - 3F - 3.8%
4 days before - 4F - 3.1%
8 days before - 3F - 3.1%
10 days before - 3F - 3.1%
13 days before - 3F - 3.1%

These top ten account for 76.2% of Jacobson's total wins.

Workouts 3 days or less before the win account for 21.6% in the top ten of the Jacobson sample.

By contrast, workouts 3 days or less before the win account for 1.8% of 5343 wins in the research database of horses trained by others.
eqitec is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2016, 10:55 AM   #20
RunDustyRun

equitec,

really appreciate the info you have provided...he has two running tomorrow, including one first off the claim...he's jumping in class and stretching out...claimed off of Desourmeaux, so I think that's an upgrade...need to dive in to the stats you have provided
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2016, 09:14 AM   #21
GatetoWire

BTW back to the original post. The bald guy with the limp who always saddles and is in the winners circle is Paul Wilson one of his assistants.
GatetoWire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply