Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-17-2020, 12:37 PM   #1
boxcar

More Proof that Masking Up is Ineffective

The guy in the vid waxes a little verbose, so my wife edited the vid to get to the heart of it. Watch the good doctor's demonstration.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:52 PM   #2
RunForTheRoses

RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2020, 01:06 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
The guy in the vid waxes a little verbose, so my wife edited the vid to get to the heart of it. Watch the good doctor's demonstration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_iQM5x9wF8
Droplets carrying the virus most certainly will be stopped by any kind of mask...like when you sneeze...or if you spit while you talk...

Obviously, no masks are AIR TIGHT or else nobody would be able to BREATH while wearing them...

The point of the mask isn't to stop AIR...it's to stop droplets carrying the virus...which I believe most of them do quite effectively...
Old 09-17-2020, 01:30 PM   #4
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Droplets carrying the virus most certainly will be stopped by any kind of mask...like when you sneeze...or if you spit while you talk...

Obviously, no masks are AIR TIGHT or else nobody would be able to BREATH while wearing them...

The point of the mask isn't to stop AIR...it's to stop droplets carrying the virus...which I believe most of them do quite effectively...

Mesh size of masks matter less on transmission.

The finer the mesh of the mask the more effective it is protecting indivduals from being infected. However in terms of community spread, a coarser mesh will stop transmission to others at the source, the mouth and nose of the wearer

If we mobilized the Defense Production Act, N95 masks could be made a lot cheaper and available to everyone. N95 have a very fine mesh.

Unfortunately a vaccine will not be able to be distributed en masse for at best maybe a year.

Earlier today, Robert Redfield, head of the Centers for Disease Control, provoked the ire of some parts of the internet when he suggested that masks might be more effective than vaccines. “I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against COVID than when I take a COVID vaccine,” Redford said while testifying before the Senate Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services on expectations around the release of COVID-19 vaccines.

Old 09-17-2020, 01:38 PM   #5
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
He who is a civil disobedient sometimes has to pay the cost.

You know LAW and ORDER and all that good stuff.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2020, 01:48 PM   #6
boxcar

Quote:

Droplets carrying the virus are smaller or same size as the aerosol vape according to the doctor. Did you miss that?
Old 09-17-2020, 02:04 PM   #7
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
Mental health issues are real apparently

Is it that hard to put a damn mask on a for a few minutes?
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2020, 02:06 PM   #8
tucker6

Quote:
Droplets carrying the virus are smaller or same size as the aerosol vape according to the doctor. Did you miss that?
Agreed. Masks are only effective in decreasing the distance with which droplets travel. They do not stop the droplets from escaping your mask except when the droplet is very large. Decreasing the distance traveled is important to prevent superspreader events, but the virus is still in the air regardless and if you breathe it in, you may catch it.

Again, the most important thing you can do is wash your hands consistently after touching anything when you're out and about, and for heavens sake, stop touching your face. Those two things alone will do more to prevent covid than any mask.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2020, 02:07 PM   #9
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post

For people with other respiratory issues, it is hard.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2020, 02:46 PM   #10
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post

Yeah, on the one hand I don't know if it really does anything but it is not that hard to do so.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2020, 03:01 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Right...because if I spit in a mask it will just come flying out the front...
Old 09-17-2020, 03:33 PM   #12
formula_2002
what an easy game.

"Barr says calls for coronavirus lockdown are the 'greatest intrusion on civil liberties' other than slavery in US history". I gather he would say the same for the military draft. Why be responsible for protecting our fellows?

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2020, 03:40 PM   #13
boxcar

Quote:
Right...because if I spit in a mask it will just come flying out the front...
What about the front of the mask? Do you wear only one-way masks?

Moreover, your mask is supposed to be protecting others, remember? Your mask isn't for self-protection. Only N95's do that.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:48 PM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The bottom line is that masks provide at least SOME protection over not wearing a mask.

That's common sense. That's why people have been wearing masks for centuries...

It's why surgeons wear masks while operating on a patient. You think they like wearing a mask?

Not only do they offer at least SOME physical protection, but apparently, they put others at ease as well...which is fine by me.

Don't worry...after November 3, you'll be amazed how quickly mask requirements will start to disappear...
Old 09-17-2020, 04:30 PM   #15
boxcar

Quote:
The bottom line is that masks provide at least SOME protection over not wearing a mask.

That's common sense. That's why people have been wearing masks for centuries...

It's why surgeons wear masks while operating on a patient. You think they like wearing a mask?

Not only do they offer at least SOME physical protection, but apparently, they put others at ease as well...which is fine by me.

Don't worry...after November 3, you'll be amazed how quickly mask requirements will start to disappear...
People have been wearing masks for centuries for what purpose? To protect themselves from viruses?

Surgeons get to choose their profession. I would think that if they objected to masks, they would have become bankers or lawyers instead. Plus they wear them only on the job.

Common sense says that we quarantine the sick and let the healthy get on with their lives. This, in fact, has been done for centuries.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: