Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 52 votes, 4.87 average.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #61
aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetHorses!
It was Hidden Vow and the spotlight fig which is sim to a power rating...the horse was on top.

I make power ratings and that horse was extreme overlay based on CJ figs. His number 3 back was best
I think the spotlight figure is a good starting point,but you had to look at all the horses in the race and the pace projector. Also,the horses other turf numbers were competitive. I thought it was a hard race to handicap,but in reviewing it was one of those races where you probably should bet the overlay and hope for the best. The other race I gave as an example was a clear bet. If you were using this product, that was a horse that stood out.
aaron is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #62
speed

Looking at these new pp's man they are tough for me to look at. Lots of information that is not needed for me. Lots of wasted layout on the sides of the page. In trying to make it look pretty, and attract new players, to me it is much more difficult to handicap a race. If you utilized the empty space on the sides and the space between running lines you can fit a few horses on a single page. Cannot imagine handicapping a race by having 1 horse on a page like you do with this. Printing this will be a nightmare at best.
Since they are interactive will there be anyway to view only the information that a user chooses. This way you can view several horses at the same time, which to me makes more sense.
Having Craig involved is great but the way the pages view on a laptop is awful.The endless scrolling across 12 pages to view a full field seems like lots of wasted time and adds difficulty to the handicapping process.
Since Craig is involved i will try them out and hope.
Speed

Last edited by speed; 07-09-2013 at 10:15 AM.
speed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #63
Charli125

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed
Looking at these new pp's man they are tough for me to look at. Lots of information that is not needed for me. Lots of wasted layout on the sides of the page. In trying to make it look pretty, and attract new players, to me it is much more difficult to handicap a race. If you utilized the empty space on the sides and the space between running lines you can fit a few horses on a single page. Cannot imagine handicapping a race by having 1 horse on a page like you do with this. Printing this will be a nightmare at best.
Since they are interactive will there be anyway to view only the information that a user chooses. This way you can view several horses at the same time, which to me makes more sense.
Having Craig involved is great but the way the pages view on a laptop is awful.The endless scrolling across 12 pages to view a full field seems like lots of wasted time and adds difficulty to the handicapping process.
Since Craig is involved i will try them out and hope.
Speed
I thought the same thing, and really wanted to get it all on one page. Here's what I did.

If you're on the Fast PP's tab, click the print icon. In a new tab(or window I guess, depending on what browser you use), you get each horse in the race, with all running lines shown, and all of the information you see when you click on each horse.

Like you, I'd suggest having another tab, or something where you can view all of the horses, like a condensed version basically, but I think this will work for your purposes.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #64
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli125
I thought the same thing, and really wanted to get it all on one page. Here's what I did.

If you're on the Fast PP's tab, click the print icon. In a new tab(or window I guess, depending on what browser you use), you get each horse in the race, with all running lines shown, and all of the information you see when you click on each horse.

Like you, I'd suggest having another tab, or something where you can view all of the horses, like a condensed version basically, but I think this will work for your purposes.
This is the short term solution for viewing all the horses in the race in a continuous way with easier scrolling.

The longer term solution will be an option with single scrolling within the PPs that will also give you a way to remove scratches or compare 2 horses one after the other.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #65
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Am I the only one having trouble logging in?
I have had to reset my password three times, and each time, the new one works once then not again.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #66
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Am I the only one having trouble logging in?
I have had to reset my password three times, and each time, the new one works once then not again.

When you log in, click your name at the top right, change your password there, and you should be fine. If not, send a note to customer service.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #67
speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli125

Had done this and it is much more difficult to view only 1 horse at a time. 10 horse field and you are scrolling between 10 pages to look at 1 race. Like i said there has to be a way to get all horses on 3 or 4 pages. If one could customize only the info one wants that might solve many issues. Lots of wasted space i see. Just not sure why it is that way.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #68
MPRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
I couldn't care any less, and I'll leave it up to you guys.

I don't feel like analyzing message board etiquette.
I've got races to analyze, a yard to cut and some errands to run.

cool.

Yet, you wasted so much valuable time to write this ....
Old 07-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #69
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

While I like the idea of more competition in this market, and the fact that CJ's figs are part of the offering, until they make it possible to manipulate the data, I will not be using it. IMO, data that is only available in a static form causes overbetting, eventually. One needs the ability to manipulate the data in order to become dynamic, changing as the game changes. The ability to properly store and analyze the data, in a user friendly platform, is important to profitability. And, I have no interest in going backwards in time, back to pen and paper handicapping (no disrespect meant to those who like that way of handicapping).

All I see right now, is an online DRF with some new bells and whistles. You guys can do better than that I hope. Unless you intend to be like CJ and limit the number of members you accept.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America

Last edited by raybo; 07-09-2013 at 02:42 PM.
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #70
classhandicapper

Quote:
Had done this and it is much more difficult to view only 1 horse at a time. 10 horse field and you are scrolling between 10 pages to look at 1 race. Like i said there has to be a way to get all horses on 3 or 4 pages. If one could customize only the info one wants that might solve many issues. Lots of wasted space i see. Just not sure why it is that way.
Did you read my note above?
Old 07-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #71
speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
Did you read my note above?
Yes sir. Still will not be able to have several horses on same page without using the page space more efficiently. Yes what you said is better but far from good. Allowing the customer to customize the page with the data they want is a good start in my opinion. Much wasted space from what i have seen.
I know this is like a soft openiing but they seem not quite ready. That is they do not have all of Craig's numbers in there yet and to me that is most important. I hope i am wrong and that they will be rolling out solutions to what i consider obvious issues.
I don't think Craig has much control over these things, but i have faith.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #72
speed

That race at Parx that was a sample i only had down to the 7 horse Hailstone showing. When you print it that is.
When the dust settles i do believe that this product will be at the head of the class and if priced properly will gain market share quickly. I just hope there will be solutions for those of us that only want the meat of the product.

Last edited by speed; 07-09-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #73
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Yes sir. Still will not be able to have several horses on same page without using the page space more efficiently. Yes what you said is better but far from good. Allowing the customer to customize the page with the data they want is a good start in my opinion. Much wasted space from what i have seen.
I know this is like a soft openiing but they seem not quite ready. That is they do not have all of Craig's numbers in there yet and to me that is most important. I hope i am wrong and that they will be rolling out solutions to what i consider obvious issues.
I don't think Craig has much control over these things, but i have faith.
I agree, if "what you see is what you get", then they will be cutting out many players from their potential client base. Serious users want to be able to "use" the data as they see fit, not just as it exists on the site. And, that doesn't mean printing it out and then having to mark it up with a pencil. Come on guys, this is 2013, we all have computers and we want to use them to get our own edge on the competition. As currently presented, that is not the case. I don't need someone to show me who "they" think is the best horse to bet, I want to determine that myself, by manipulating the data on my computer.

Maybe you guys don't want your customers to have the same capabilities that other data providers give them with their data files, their custom card options, etc.?

Maybe a few here will be satisfied with what you are currently offering, but many more of us will not. You'd be taking us backwards, into the past, not forward, into the future. Sure at first some might profit from this, but that will disappear as your client base increases, just like every other static method. Your ratings will become over bet and any potential profitability will disappear, just like the Beyers and Brisnet's Prime Power ratings.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #74
Capper Al

If timeFormUS uses pace in their calculations and timeForm Euro doesn't, how can a 106 US equal a 106 Euro? These are different numbers.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #75
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
If timeFormUS uses pace in their calculations and timeForm Euro doesn't, how can a 106 US equal a 106 Euro? These are different numbers.
Nobody said the numbers were created the same way. They are on the same scale, and hopefully represent the same level of performance. This was a big point of emphasis from the Timeform people, and we came away winning their trust.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Tags
quick, timeform adjustment

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: