Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 04-22-2022, 09:05 PM   #1
topgun

Valuecapping software

Hello,

I want to ask is there anyone on this board that have
Success with this software? I would like to hear anyone thought
on the subject.

Topgun
topgun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2022, 07:56 AM   #2
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun View Post
Hello,

I want to ask is there anyone on this board that have
Success with this software? I would like to hear anyone thought
on the subject.

Topgun
TG..

Theres a guy named Matt H that has put up some good posts using VC

Do a search on "Valuecapper"

Question ...Have you used any in the past?

What exactly are you looking for in software?

Also, don't let anybody sell you something via Personnel Messaging on these boards!!

Mike
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2022, 12:05 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Who is trying to sell you something via private message?

Private message me their username please. This is NOT allowed.
Old 04-24-2022, 07:25 PM   #4
lefty359

Topgun, I'm starting to have success with Valuecapper.
took a while and I have suffered some long losing strks but I'm ahead with it.
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2022, 07:48 PM   #5
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
Lefty, Im very glad to hear this, I told you if you stick with it through the initial losing streaks, you would be successful. Its really just a matter of learning not to bet too many races and sticking with the races/portfolios you are comfortable with! Keep up the good work!

Matt
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2022, 09:34 AM   #6
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
Lefty, Im very glad to hear this, I told you if you stick with it through the initial losing streaks, you would be successful. Its really just a matter of learning not to bet too many races and sticking with the races/portfolios you are comfortable with! Keep up the good work!

Matt
Thanks for chiming in guys......

The only thing I don't care for in VC is that there is no outputs for data mining..
I might be wrong about that....
I like to analyze numbers but VC is only a screen program for user to make decisions..

I'm doing much better , and I'm sure this goes for any program , when I play races that I determined that the favorite is "vulnerable" ....

this type of playing restricts the wandering and wasting of money..

Mike
Old 04-25-2022, 11:15 AM   #7
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
Thanks for chiming in guys......

The only thing I don't care for in VC is that there is no outputs for data mining..
I might be wrong about that....
I like to analyze numbers but VC is only a screen program for user to make decisions..

I'm doing much better , and I'm sure this goes for any program , when I play races that I determined that the favorite is "vulnerable" ....

this type of playing restricts the wandering and wasting of money..

Mike
Hi Mike,

I too used to love to play with data, until I realized that by doing that I was losing time to do the other things I like to do, with no real improvement to my bottom line.

Vulnerable favorites are subjective, Valuecapper puts them all in one portfolio and then its up to you to decide if you really think they are vulnerable. But it makes it so much quicker to have all of those races pre sorted for you in one place. I can often make a decision with just a glance.

Everyone has their own way of approaching this game, which is the beauty of it, or else we'd all be betting the same horses! Glad to hear you are doing well with HTR, that was a good program for me as well, basically what it came down to is I absolutely hated how the pp's were displayed in there, it was basically unreadable to me. But I did have real good results with the robot, although that's been years ago.
Old 04-25-2022, 12:00 PM   #8
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Hi Mike,

I too used to love to play with data, until I realized that by doing that I was losing time to do the other things I like to do, with no real improvement to my bottom line.

Vulnerable favorites are subjective, Valuecapper puts them all in one portfolio and then its up to you to decide if you really think they are vulnerable. But it makes it so much quicker to have all of those races pre sorted for you in one place. I can often make a decision with just a glance.

Everyone has their own way of approaching this game, which is the beauty of it, or else we'd all be betting the same horses! Glad to hear you are doing well with HTR, that was a good program for me as well, basically what it came down to is I absolutely hated how the pp's were displayed in there, it was basically unreadable to me. But I did have real good results with the robot, although that's been years ago.
Thxs Matt for answering....

I'm on my PC from 7 in morning to 11pm.....

So I have lots of time to do many things

I only take time out to eat and take a dump.....

I know what you mean with its PP's but after a while you get used to the screens and are where to look...
I have a routine now ...look at the horses pp's with default paceline 5 then I jump to place line 7 checking them all vs VEL Screen ....then to trainers stats....
But this is all done with my 4 contenders which I derived from the data mining and my "own" numbers

Mike
Old 04-25-2022, 05:08 PM   #9
lefty359

Matt, hanks for your posts that led me to trying VC again.
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2022, 11:18 AM   #10
Gerard02

Hello, Matt. I recently bought the VC program. Was flying by the seat of my pants as I was watching the videos. I started by taking the Arc 4 lines and waiting for bang bang odds, then boxed the triple and wheeled the Supers. Within the first week, I paid for the program. But, as the next couple of weeks went by, I hit the bottom. Was up and down. Nailed some nice VCP horses above and below the random lines. I got hurt mostly by playing the exactas and drifted off the triples and supers. Dumb move. I went over Septembers numbers and found many of my Arc 4’s hit. Would have had a plus month. However, I keep watching the vids and have discovered your threads on the program, which are boosting my education. I want to thank you for your efforts and hope to see more of your posts. I’m off today, and will be playing in two tournaments at Parx. Plus, cash games at PID and FL. Already, seeing much better, but the exactas are still tricky.
Gerard02 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2022, 01:42 PM   #11
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard02 View Post
Hello, Matt. I recently bought the VC program. Was flying by the seat of my pants as I was watching the videos. I started by taking the Arc 4 lines and waiting for bang bang odds, then boxed the triple and wheeled the Supers. Within the first week, I paid for the program. But, as the next couple of weeks went by, I hit the bottom. Was up and down. Nailed some nice VCP horses above and below the random lines. I got hurt mostly by playing the exactas and drifted off the triples and supers. Dumb move. I went over Septembers numbers and found many of my Arc 4’s hit. Would have had a plus month. However, I keep watching the vids and have discovered your threads on the program, which are boosting my education. I want to thank you for your efforts and hope to see more of your posts. I’m off today, and will be playing in two tournaments at Parx. Plus, cash games at PID and FL. Already, seeing much better, but the exactas are still tricky.
Hi Gerard,

Do you happen to be a member of the "Wizards Forum"? I you are buying the full data plan you should be. I have been leading a live discussion called Saturday Roundtable Live Discussion the last few weekends via Microsoft Teams. It's normally been from 11:30AM to 12:30PM EST on Saturdays. This is a good place to see what some of the guys are looking for when they do first pass on the days races and its a great place to ask questions.
I will post the link to this weeks meeting on the Wizards Forum probably on Thursday.

Im always happy to meet another time to try and answer questions you may have, but keep in mind, I am no Michael Pizzolla, that man is an expert! He is great about answering emails and questions promptly if you shoot him an email as well.

Funny, this year, my win bets are not doing so hot and it's been my exacta wagering that is keeping me afloat. You are welcome to shoot me a PM here or an email at mhaney0423@gmail.com

Best,

Matt H
Old 09-28-2022, 06:09 AM   #12
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Hi Gerard,

Do you happen to be a member of the "Wizards Forum"? I you are buying the full data plan you should be. I have been leading a live discussion called Saturday Roundtable Live Discussion the last few weekends via Microsoft Teams. It's normally been from 11:30AM to 12:30PM EST on Saturdays. This is a good place to see what some of the guys are looking for when they do first pass on the days races and its a great place to ask questions.
I will post the link to this weeks meeting on the Wizards Forum probably on Thursday.

Im always happy to meet another time to try and answer questions you may have, but keep in mind, I am no Michael Pizzolla, that man is an expert! He is great about answering emails and questions promptly if you shoot him an email as well.

Funny, this year, my win bets are not doing so hot and it's been my exacta wagering that is keeping me afloat. You are welcome to shoot me a PM here or an email at mhaney0423@gmail.com

Best,

Matt H
Nice going Matt ...good to see people taking the initiative and helping others

MikeGerogeJoe
BroadwayJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2022, 06:26 AM   #13
Gerard02

Thanks, Matt. Currently, I am not a member of the Wizards forum. I’ve only had the program a short time. It took me a few years to save up for it. I don’t have an unlimited plan as of yet. I’ll get into All of that soon. A good friend of mine has the program. He’s my mentor on this. I’ve emailed Mike a few times, not knowing it was actually him. Right now, I’ve been buried in study. Look forward to your link.
Old 09-28-2022, 06:29 AM   #14
Gerard02

Yesterday, hit a $197 triple at PID along with the win bet and a couple of exactas. I still have a tendency to overextend myself. Went for another triple and got popped. Still, I won $116 for the day. Three tracks. I also won my second tournament on Horse tourneys, since using the program. Picked up $100 Winner take all. My friend Trezz is a master of the tournaments. He advised me to play in the winner take all limited player tournaments.
Old 10-02-2022, 12:29 AM   #15
Hanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard02 View Post
My friend Trezz is a master of the tournaments.

So.....very....true LOL..Doc is a monster
Hanger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: